Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

+3
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Old Forum
7 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thoughts on the new character, Itaril - Page 5 Empty Re: Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Pettytyrant101

I reckon she will be Legolas' squeeze. Oh dear just writing that has brought on a crabbit attack.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the new character, Itaril - Page 5 Empty Re: Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Well, if PJ steals my fan-fic idea, she'll be part of a quadrangle including Bilbo, Legolas, and a character I invented. :mrgreen: (I sense Petty will experience a vomit attack anytime now Laughing )

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Pettytyrant101

You aren't PJ in disguise behind that beard are you GB? Shocked It would explain a lot! And your recent abscence from the forum coincided with PJ's ulcer. Mmmmm, the plot thickens.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Gandalfs Beard

'Does anyone here actually know PJ? I can't imagine, but stranger things have happened. Razz'

Maybe I really am PJ.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Pettytyrant101

I bloody knew it!!! Twisted Evil If we throw him in water and his beard floats its definetly him; the mark of the Coven.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Eldorion

Hmm, well, didn't some of the actors and crew used to talk about reading fan discussions when LOTR was being made? Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Tinuviel

I just hope they don't make her a huge fuss. They made up material about characters in LOTR, which was fine by me because it was still within the realm of the story. But Adding a brand new character punches a hole through the bubble and the realm of the story will be lost. I don't care if there is a romance. I don't need one. Orlando Bloom would be enough for me

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Gandalfs Beard

I just hope they don't make her a huge fuss. They made up material about characters in LOTR, which was fine by me because it was still within the realm of the story. But Adding a brand new character punches a hole through the bubble and the realm of the story will be lost. I don't care if there is a romance. I don't need one. Orlando Bloom would be enough for me I bet you'd love it if you got the part though, and got to be Legolas's "squeeze." Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Ringdrotten

'I bet you'd love it if you got the part though, and got to be Legolas's "squeeze." Laughing' GB

Ah, but really, GB - wouldn't we all love that? Embarassed

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Gandalfs Beard

I'm more of an Arwen guy myself.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Tinuviel

Well Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed who wouldn't want to be Orlando's squeeze? (Don't Tell BEREN!)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:15 pm

AnaiBendai

It's being reported on various Entertainment websites that Saoirse Ronan has gotten the part of Itaril. I guess she's pretty good. She's got a fey, elven look to her. http://www.wordandfilm.com/2011/01/saoirse-ronan-cast-in-peter-jacksons-the-hobbit-likely-as-itaril/

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Ringdrotten

Definitely got the look of an Elf, but I really don't like this Itaril character. Most likely there'll be a love story involved here. Love stories take ages to introduce and develop, which means there'll be less time for the more important parts (the parts I think are important, that is). Getting the Petty syndrome Mad

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Eldorion

They're not saying that she's Itaril, only that she's been cast. We don't really know what the role will be yet, and there hasn't been an official announcement of any sort. That said, it seems that she will probably be Itaril, but we can't say for sure until we hear more.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Tinuviel

Even if she is cast as Itaril, SHE STILL LOOKS TOO YOUNG!!!!!!! And it kind of bugs me that he's just recycling actors.... I just feel she's going to bring some new, modern vibe to the movie that's going to ruin the magic and make it look...old. UGH! I get shivers just thinking about it. Bringing legolas back in wouldn't bug me because at least it makes sense for him to be there! BUT THIS?!? I just can't take.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Jolly Cotton

It makes sense though...bring Legolas back for the gals, but also brining in something pretty for the boys... :ugeek:

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion

I'd rather see Legolas than Itaril for the simple reason that at least he is a Tolkienian character, even if Orly isn't exactly eye candy for me. Rolling Eyes I see your point, though.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Pettytyrant101

Its unwarranted meddling is what it is. TH does not need a love story- no matter how much the studio might want to get the Twilight teen girl market. Stop this madness at once PJ! Are you bloody listening?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Tinuviel

As to what you said, Jolly, there doesn't need to be something pretty for the boys. Most of them don't need something pretty because LOTR is more of a male type genre of movie, if you get me. PJ's main concern should be attracting girls. Problem solved if you have hot men in the movie And I'd hardly call Saorise whats her name enough eye candy to draw flocks of boys. Only Megan Fox will do that.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Ringdrotten

'As to what you said, Jolly, there doesn't need to be something pretty for the boys. Most of them don't need something pretty because LOTR is more of a male type genre of movie, if you get me.'

There's much truth in this, I think. And besides, it would be morally reprehensible for a lot of boys/men to be attracted to a 16 year old girl Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Pettytyrant101

Great! So now we've got some jail bait teen romance story in TH. Will there ever be any good news emerging about this film? And for those who seem to think Frodo will get some simple part reading from the Red Book I have this to ask. If thats the case whats Drogo doing in it? He has no part in Bilbo's story and would not fit the contented bachelor state Bilbo is in the start, he's there for some horrible bridging bit I reckon, it all sounds too horrid to comprehend. And unless I've missed it they haven't cast for any Sackville-Baggins roles. They should be at the auction at the end, measuring the rooms to see if their furniture will fit. But they have cast Drogo. Odd that. Adding in the fact they've cast as Throin an actor whose main skill is making women go weak at the knees at a hundred paces this is all looking very bad for the simple tale of TH.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Ringdrotten

The fact that they haven't cast any Sackville-Bagginses is slightly worrying. It could (not saying it does) suggest that the auction won't be in the movie at all. They could of course do the auction without the SBs, but having them in would make much more sense, particularly since they're aslo mentioned in FotR.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Odo Banks

The auction is not important, just like the Scourging wasn't. Let's stick to what (allegedly) pleases the Masses. Mad

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Tinuviel

Indeed! Rolling Eyes

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Kafria

may as well face facts - this is not the hobbit they are making but LOTR, the two part prequel! The hobbit story is there only so they can explain how Frodo got the ring! The hobbit with white council/necromancer stuff chucked in is going to make no sense (no overall story arc). They have said they won't make the hobbit and a bridging movie due to timeline issues! So for the two part story to make sense you have to graft a different overall arc (how mordor rose again and the lost ring was found!!) Shocked :? Mad - overall aim is not to make the hobbit, so additions, cuts and generally faffing about are sure to be invovled Personally, would prefer companion movies - The Hobbit and also the LOTR single prequel!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next