Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

+3
Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Old Forum
7 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thoughts on the new character, Itaril Empty Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Fingolfin

"ITARIL - female, A woodland Elf, this character is one the Silvan Elves. The Silvan Elves are seen as more earthy and practical. Shorter than other elves, she is still quick and lithe and physically adept, being able to fight with both sword and bow. Showing promise as a fighter at a young age, ITARIL was chosen to train to become part of the Woodland King’s Guard. This is the only life she has ever expected to live, until she meets and secretly falls in love with a young ELF LORD. This role will require a wig and contact lenses to be worn. Some prosthetic make-up may also be required. LEAD. AGE: 17-27."

How does everyone feel about this? I for one am not too bothered by it as long as the love story is not brought to the forefront. They could really screw things up with this new character, or it could be a nice addition.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the new character, Itaril Empty Re: Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Eldorion

Where does news of this new character come from? I'm rather suspicious that anyone would know of it with the film still in this stage of pre-production. Do you have a source?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the new character, Itaril Empty Re: Thoughts on the new character, Itaril

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Gandalfs Beard

It comes from Ady's Blog, which this forum is attached to Razz . It just appeared on my Homepage feed about an hour or two ago.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Fingolfin

I'm just commenting on whats been put up on the website, theonering.net also put up the same story, so I feel like this is pretty legitimate.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Fingolfin

Turns out we may have been led astray again. This was just posted on theonering.net:
Update: After touching base with more of our contacts, we’ve been notified that this is not a valid list of lead roles and, in fact, some of the roles listed in the links are not relevant. Stay tuned here for more casting information as we get it, and rest assured we will follow every new story to confirm whether or not it is legit.

I can't even begin to say how desperate I am for something concrete!!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Gandalfs Beard

The Wild Internet Rumours strike again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . Damn, I thought Itaril sounded Hot Wink

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Odo Banks

... and Bilbo joined in, but singing his own song:

"Oh Itaril, Oh Itaril,
Elf maiden oh prettiest of girls,
Oh pouting lips! Oh suggesting eyes!
With gem encrusted twirling curls;
Yes we remember, Oh we who dwell,
On the mortal side of the swell!
Oh Itaril, Oh Itaril,
Oh to meet you would be a thrill...."

Then the Hobbit fell silent, weighed down by the sheer implausibility of consumating his love. Forsooth! He feared he would swoon if one single further word ever came fom out his pursing lips.

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Awesome Odo Laughing . Now we know where the "Romance in The Hobbit" is going to come from. Bilbo and Itaril, the first Hobbit/Elf coupling. Their children will bring new meaning to the term "Half-Elven"

Indeed, they can Retcon Frodo's back-story. Frodo doesn't know Bilbo's secret, that Frodo is not his "nephew", but his illegitimate Half-Elven Love-child Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing . That's why he's so fond of Elves and why Galadriel finds herself so attracted to him (remember all of her "significant glances" and "secret smiles" at Frodo).

You know, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this Fan Fiction stuff Razz .

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Eldorion

Thanks for mentioning the source guys. I'm relieved the character is not (yet) official though. Let's hope it stays that way and the female role they cast is just for voice acting. What was it Gandalf said? 'Only a fool's hope, as I've been told...' Razz

While I don't like introducing new characters to the story, full stop; I'll have at least some relief if they refrain from making her like the nubile elf maiden at the beginning of [i:12br7ttq]Bored of the Rings! Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Odo Banks

Spooky, guys!

My little snippet of prose and poetry comes from my planned fan-fiction novel, "BORED WITH THE HOBBIT" -
or: "In and Out Again - The Making of Frodo Baggins!"
or: "How to Woo an Elf-maiden if you're only three foot something."
or: "Hobbit Invents Step-Ladder."
(The choice of sub-title is quite fluid at the moment as you can see).

From "The Sindaran Dictionary for Dummies":- "IT-AR-IL'" := "It" = "Elf"; "ar" = "ooh", cognate of "wa-ooh"; and "il" = active particle of "nub'il'e". The particle "il" can also mean "not feeling well,especially in the morning" as seen in the dual-particle "[why am I] so-il"?

Odo

NB We're not taking this rumor seriously, are we? I want to. It's a lovely rumor. But surely we can't.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Odo Banks

Spookier still. I seem to remember a rumor about Bilbo and Galadriel and a certain love-child named "Smeagol". Yes, I know it's just a rumor. But if it's true, this would make "Smeagol" and "Frodo" not only half-brothers but also "half-elves". Hey! It all begins to becomes clear! LotR is really beginning to reveal it's secrets. It's a bit like the Da Vinci Code, isn't it. Oh imagine the cinematic possibilities! Though now it would have to be a trilogy to fit it all in, I guess, and PJ couldn't be that cynical... could he??? Twisted Evil

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Eldorion

Laughing I'm sure you will rank up there with the Harvard Lampoon among the best Tolkien parodists. Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Odo Banks

Gotta say, Eldo, I find this kind of thing enormous fun. If I didn't like The Hobbit so much and didn't want to clutter up my reading experience with "too" many silly thoughts and images, I'd even have a crack at doing a Harvard Lampoon type thing, indeed I would! But I'll do my best to resist temptation. After all, I'll have enough trouble concentrating on the book when Bilbo wanders around the Elven King's Halls as it is. Will he, or won't he, meet Itaril????? :mrgreen: (But gee this kind of thing is fun...!!!)

On a slightly more serious note. I reckon this thread should go somewhere on "The Hobbit" threads. Call me an old-fart-humbug if you like - but is this really BREAKING NEWS? We must seek the advice of some old-fart-liberal-heathen on this, I think (GB perhaps?)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Any Nubile Elf Maiden is a lovely rumour . I hope it's true actually (the appearance of Itaril in the film that is).

Odo, are you really writing a Fan Fic with my musings as your outline Surprised ? It doesn't have to be a full length novel. A short story would make me happy :mrgreen: . I can't wait to hear how Bilbo gets it on with an Elf Maid and sires Frodo (so that's why he's the skinniest and best looking Hobbit 8-) ). I can't wait to read it.

I can see it now, Bilbo bringing a baby Frodo home from an extended adventure and passing him off to the Gaffer and the Sackvilles as his "nephew" from an obscure part of the Family. Perhaps it could be written as if Bilbo was relating the Truth of their relationship to Frodo and how it came to be, on the long voyage to Valinor.

I'll work on shifting this thread to the appropriate forum within the next day or so.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Tinuviel

I don't care who she is, I WANT TO BE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suppose they created her character because of the lack of female characters and to put a romance in the Hobbit!!!
That answers two big questions!!!!!!!!!!
And please, if anyone knows where to send a resume or something, PLEASEEEEE tell me!!!!!!!!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Gandalfs Beard

You might want to contact an administrator at theonering.net Tinuviel. Someone there might have contact information for the casting call.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Odo Banks

GB - I'm not, you know, but thanks for the encouragement but.

...and Tin. If there is any truth about Itaril, I'll vote for you to get the part. You seem like you'd make a fantastic Lady Elf. I wouldn't, however, consider you for the film we boys are thinking up and smirking about though! Embarassed

Odo

NB Tin, are you trying to get the part so you can meet Orlando Bloom, pray tell? (My daughter luuuves O.B! You might have a cat-fight on your hands!)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Hey, Odo, I don't know what "movie" you're thinking of, but I was thinking of a Sweet and Heartbreaking Romantic Fan Fic involving Bilbo and Itaril (NOT an X-rated Parody). And seeing as you aren't writing it, I think I will . But I'd love it if I could borrow your poems, I really suck at poetry (they sound like really BAD rock lyrics).

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Tinuviel

haha YES I LOVE ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And i'm definitely wanting to give it a try (tho it would be difficult with school an all, since I'd b gone for 2 years...)
I looked at the other websites that the news was originally posted on, and the information was relatively vague, but enough to send theatrically inclined LOTR fans into a frenzy! I hope that it's true, yet it seems odd to have an elf romance rather than a Bard romance though...
And Odo, definitely send those poems to the Harvard Lampoon! you could start one great parody with those!!! Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Interestingly enough, there are a bunch of usually Fanatical Purist Tolkien Fans at Narniaweb, and they all seem to love the idea of Itaril :? . It may have something to do with the fact that many of them are Female (Power Grrrls Unite Laughing ). Most of the guys don't seem to mind too much either Rolling Eyes .

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Alrighty then. If anyone's interested, Chapter 1 of The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril is available now in the Hobbit Movies Sub-Sub-forum :mrgreen: . Enjoy.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Eldorion

Tinuviel - I hate to break this to you ... but the casting call thing wasn't official. If you want to try to get a role of any kind you'll have to go to wherever the casting is happening and try to find the exact street address. I'm not sure where you live, but if you're in the U.S. like me it is - I think - in LA.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Eldorion

Gandalfs Beard wrote:Interestingly enough, there are a bunch of usually Fanatical Purist Tolkien Fans at Narniaweb, and they all seem to love the idea of Itaril :? . It may have something to do with the fact that many of them are Female (Power Grrrls Unite Laughing ). Most of the guys don't seem to mind too much either Rolling Eyes .

Depending on the age/hormone level of these people I'm not terribly surprised. Razz I can find plenty of nubile maidens of both the elven and human varieties on the internet though so I don't need them cluttering up The Hobbit. :mrgreen:

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Tinuviel

Yes I felt it wasnt official, but I've learned patience
And it's good to have a female lead in the Hobbit because it makes the movie more relateable to women. AND sadly, women are horrifically drawn to romance Embarassed Laughing so if they DO end up having Itaril in the movie, they'll be more girls in the theaters!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Odo Banks

Don't know how, but I've missed reading the latest posts here - maybe I was too busy trying to imagine what Itaril would look like -and why the hell she'd be interested in a hobbit beau - though maybe I'm getting confused... Are the film makers really considering having a Romance between ltaril and Bilbo? Isn't that a bridge too far? Hey! They'd at least need a step-ladder, wouldn't they? Laughing Laughing Laughing (Yes, I've used that joke before, but I'm quite fond of it! :mrgreen: )

Oh - and if anyone wants to steal my hobbit poems or hobbit ideas, go ahead.

Btw I've been busy on a new book I'm writing called "LotRizing the Hobbit". It's on the Bilbo and Galadriel thread. (Tin, I think I'll have a key female role in it, but prepare to be surprised! How about one of the original characters going feminine???) 8-)

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next