So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven?

+10
Orwell
Mrs Figg
halfwise
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Elthir
Lancebloke
Turembar
Anne
Old Forum
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven?

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 pm

I bet the elves buttholes are fragrant though and sparkle in the moonlight cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Empty Re: So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven?

Post by Turembar Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I bet the elves buttholes are fragrant though and sparkle in the moonlight cheers

Lol! And don't forget the tatoos in elvish script. It's either 'The Way is Shut!" or "Say Friend and Enter." Laughing

Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 pm

lol! Well if its Pj's elves I'd guess at the latter.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 pm

lol!

You two appear to be speaking from experience. I hope the pain of being dumped by an elf was worth it!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 pm

lol! Turembar thats officially my favourite post.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 am

Is it now, Mrs Figg!!! Mad --- Well, if that's how you feel, I'm breaking off our defactonet relationship, here and now... Mad

{{{Note to self: Women! No blind loyalty to their Man anymore -- none! Banghead Banghead Banghead Oh well, looks like I'll have to go back to Ol' Faithful... Very Happy }}}

Hey, guys, I haven't seen Kafria around for a little while. I hope all's well down her way. Fabulous Woman, just fabulous! This place just seerms to scintillate and shimmer when she's a'posting... Ahh.... hope she comes back soon... I love you

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo-Kafria Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:09 am

Oh I just knew you'd come back to me.. one day... Eru rewards the Heart Blinded by Love... and isn't this just proof of it, My Sweetest Orwell? I love you

Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 am

You know, I think you're right... Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 am

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:23 am

I guess I'd be an elf? But a shipwright! With a love for the shaping and handling of wood. (*cough*)

Definitely also affected by melancholy. That's elven, isn't it?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:15 pm

So, your an elf, that likes things wooden........ Your Tauriel cheers look how she fell for Kili ! She certainly had something wooden in her hands that day Laughing

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:45 am

Tauriel! Mad

No, no, Cirdan!

Honestly some days I feel more orc though. I guess that's what it's like to be human. We're orc and hobbit and elf and man and dwarf all rolled up in one.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Out with the grad students again last night, this morning I feel like something that's been stepped on by a troll.

And the roof is leaking - water is making bubbles between the wall and the paint (paint is remarkable resilient! Shocked) that have been creeping down towards the electrical socket. I rigged up something with a cookie jar lid and a curtain rod to divert it around the socket after being woken up by fizzing and popping noises. Of course nothing more can be done until this day-long storm has passed except listen to the drips.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Shocked  you need to wear rubber-soled shoes in that case. affraid maybe even wellies.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Let it drip to the outlet and then lick it! You won't feel like you've been stepped on by a troll any more.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm

No, won't feel much of anything after that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Don't worry, the breaker will save you. Probably.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:19 pm

halfwise wrote:And the roof is leaking - water is making bubbles between the wall and the paint (paint is remarkable resilient! Shocked) that have been creeping down towards the electrical socket.  I rigged up something with a cookie jar lid and a curtain rod to divert it around the socket after being woken up by fizzing and popping noises.  Of course nothing more can be done until this day-long storm has passed except listen to the drips.

I approve of the jar lid, but if you don't have all your pots, pans, old coffee cans etc. deployed strategically in the attic you're missing a bet. Nod
Of course then you'll need to dump them periodically, but if you dangle some kind of wick material into each of them, they'll self-drain by evaporation when the sun comes out, all ready for the next rain.
(Actually fixing the leaky roof should be a last resort. )

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 UJpDi So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Apartment buildings don't have attics. They've already poured tar, I think the problem has to do with a central drain that's leaking, which means they'll have to excavate up there.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Oh, THAT type of construction! Suspect Evil or Very Mad
I'd argue that it's not the the building doesn't have an attic, it's that they've subdivided it and rented it to you.

So do you have access to the roof of your building, and if so are there puddles forming?

So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 UJpDi So who do you be? Hobbit, dwarf, wizard or elven? - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:44 pm

No, don't have access. All I can do is attempt to supervise from behind a curtain.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm sorry to hear that! That was one of the hardest things for me living is cities during my younger "urban" period of life - having so many places I wasn't supposed to go! Rooftops, utility corridors, deep deep cellars under old public buildings, how can you NOT explore these fascinating places???:carrot:

{{{...so of course I did. How could I not! I've never been good at coloring within the lines....}}}

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:40 pm

I used to lead tours of the steam tunnels below Johns Hopkins University.  A strange, parallel universe.  Then some jackass used them to steal video monitors from the gymn and they started battening things down.  My brother managed to get chased by police through the steam tunnels below the University of Texas (I'm still green with envy). I actually have the card of someone who used to lead illicit journeys through New York's sewer system, but somehow never followed up on it, and always regret not jumping on that.  Yeah, structural underbellies and rooftops are good places to seek out, but eventually someone ruins it.  Used to be parties up in the superstructure of the Brooklyn Bridge but word got out and it got sealed up.  Alas, I never made it to that in crowd.

I *could* go up on the roof of my apartment, but there's an ear shattering alarm.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3