odo banks
Orwell
The Archet Bugle
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive! Empty The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive!

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 am

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a few months after buying THM, Taz set up a new forum at the same URL where we used to be located. I posted a link to it and I think Kafria made a thread there linking to us (since deleted) which, IIRC, is how chris63 found his way here. Very Happy Anyway, I happened to be looking at THM out of bored curiosity and was browsing the new forum when I came across this thread. Apparently the people there have managed to set up their own community, which I think is great, but the forum software Taz is using is so barebones that it's hard to get anything going. Based on that thread there seems to be interest among them in having a real community website, so I used my Admin prerogative to post a link to us. Hopefully it won't be deleted. Wink

To people currently posting on the-hobbit-movie.com: all the oldbies here have already been through the experience of losing our community and we don't want to take away yours, but you are more than welcome to post here if you want a site that has more than a barebones comments section. I still sort of see the-hobbit-movie.com as a sister site since that's where this forum used to be located, so I wanted to reach out. I've been browsing through your forum as well and you've got some really good discussions going on. Smile

To Forumhobbits: I wanted to give you guys the head's up to let you know that we might see some new faces here soon.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive! Empty Re: The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive!

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 am

Great idea, Eldo Very Happy Skimming through some of their posts, they remind me of us - would be nice to have them over here Smile

The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive! Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive! Empty Re: The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive!

Post by The Archet Bugle Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 am

ARCHET BUGLE SAYS: EXCELLENT WORK, ELDORION

And about time Eldo has done some work for a change.

Lesbo Proudfoot
Editor in Chief
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks guys. Very Happy It really is a shame that both Ady and Taz have neglected the forums they set up (at the same URL, no less!) but it's also really cool that both forums have managed to foster communities nonetheless. I remember the feeling of frustration at having an absentee admin and being unable to add to or change anything about the site, as well as the fear that it would disappear and we'd lose each other (we're still missing a few lost souls, even now Sad). I've been reading and posting a bit over there and it's a lot of fun; I hope we can at least be kindred forums and have an exchange back and forth. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:31 am

So do I have to join via Facebook? (Please help me.... Sad )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 am

Yeah, I think you have to have a Facebook account. If you have one and are signed in, then clicking the "Login with Facebook" button will prompt you to synch your accounts on THM and Facebook, and if you agree, then you'll have an account there. I'm not sure if it's possible to register without a Facebook account, but they're easy and free to make so it's not a big hassle. Wink I already had one, though. *shrugs*
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 am

It's alright. I worked it out. I even posted --- and serious-like, Eldo --- and under my REAL name... Shocked How trusting I've become! (Hope I don't end up drownded! affraid )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 am

Oh my! Shocked I'm sure you'll be okay though; they all seem nice. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 am

Eldorion wrote:Oh my! Shocked I'm sure you'll be okay though; they all seem nice. Wink

But can we judge a book by it's cover? affraid I'm boarding up the windows! Shocked

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 am

I've do it again, havn't I?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:12 am

I think you have! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Banks Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:12 am

Rolling Eyes
Biffo Banks
Biffo Banks
Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:42 am

Just to warn you Eldo I have it on good understanding Pure Publications have taken a dim editorial view of this latest iniative in light of the Dark Planet debacle and are going to press to say so- your Adminship rests on this not being a distaster Eldo!!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:46 am

Tell Pure Publications not to worry their sporrans (er ... I don't think that's quite right, but I'm not exactly an expert on Scotshobbit slang) about it. Wink Dark Planet might own THM but they don't do anything with it; none of the new people on the forum even know who Taz is (lucky souls Shocked Razz ). They're definitely free spirits the same as us, though, and they have a lot of good discussions going on over there. I'd encourage you to check it out for yourself and reach out to our kindred Hobbit-brethren. Very Happy If it helps, think of them as Forumbuckland. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Dug up my old facebook account and now I'm there. Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Just posted my longest post on the internet for years! Very Happy They have a nice community over there, I'll think I'll be apart of both now! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 pm

See Eldo what your leftwing handwringing do-gooder sympathies have done- this is not a recruitment campaign its the start of an exodus. Woe is us. I'd better get my sandwich board back from Odo.

[img]The other Hobbit Movie Forum is alive! P23-2[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm capable of posting on multiple forums at the same time. Wink And as nice as their's is, this is the forum that I've been through everything with and I'm not leaving it or your guys behind. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I knew this would happen one day. Trying to keep this forum sensible and respectable has failed... now there's going be an Exodus of Biblical Proportions, I just know it! Sad (And btw Mr Tyrant, it is MY sandwich board! Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Eldorion wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm capable of posting on multiple forums at the same time. Wink And as nice as their's is, this is the forum that I've been through everything with and I'm not leaving it or your guys behind. Very Happy

Ooh.... look at me, I'm Eldorion... and I can do three or four forums at once, because I'm Eldorion... Eldorion, only women can do more than one thing at a time, you're bluffing! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Ally wrote:Just posted my longest post on the internet for years! Very Happy They have a nice community over there, I'll think I'll be apart of both now! Very Happy

Hasn't your Mother ever talked to to you about "putting yourself out and about" Ally? Nice girls shouldn't, you know? What's more, have I taught you nothing? Has all my good advice gone to none":-Jane
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Orwell wrote:Ooh.... look at me, I'm Eldorion... and I can do three or four forums at once, because I'm Eldorion... Eldorion, only women can do more than one thing at a time, you're bluffing! Mad

Just because you can only do one ... thing at a time doesn't mean all of us men suffer from that sort of inadequacy. Wink Twisted Evil
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:03 pm

"And btw Mr Tyrant, it is MY sandwich board!"- Odo

I don't believe you Odo! Shocked Acquiring others goods by stealth must be a Banks family trait -its the coal scuttle all over again. I lent you that for your daft moral crusuade. I use to use it when I was just starting out selling copies of NotP on the streets of Glesgaedale. It used to say on it "News of the Pure. Git yur copy noo or A will follow yi hame." So don't start your Banks nonsense with me Odo! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo-Kafria Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"And btw Mr Tyrant, it is MY sandwich board!"- Odo

I don't believe you Odo! Shocked Acquiring others goods by stealth must be a Banks family trait -its the coal scuttle all over again. I lent you that for your daft moral crusuade. I use to use it when I was just starting out selling copies of NotP on the streets of Glesgaedale. It used to say on it "News of the Pure. Git yur copy noo or A will follow yi hame." So don't start your Banks nonsense with me Odo! Evil or Very Mad

I seem to remember that sandwich board. Odo was complaining that when you returned it, he found all sorts of NotP stuff painted on it. He was quite offended - or he seemed so... well, he said so. He seems an honest hobbit. Though he was knocking on my door at four in the morning is anyone's guess.

Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

I feel that I should let you know, Odo/Orwell, that such blatant disrespect of the Administration as you are posting on the other site is, in fact, blatantly un-respectable. Evil or Very Mad Mad affraid
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next