Pure Publications exclusive! Debut of our live news service!

+3
Mrs Figg
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pure Publications exclusive! Debut of our live news service!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Pure Publications exclusive! Debut of our live news service!

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:05 pm

halfwise wrote:
It was about this moment when gravity, taken aback as much as anyone else by the goings on, noticed Petty high up in the air and decided it was about time it reasserted itself on matters.

The old physics teacher in me twinkles with delight.  I see now that my explanation of the way things worked was dry and unintuitive; small wonder students have difficulty with the stuff.  Newton was a cad.
Some wit in my first physics class asked the teacher whether perhaps it was that the ball thrown straight up in the air lingered there for a moment because it was building up energy to go back down again. Laughing

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Pure Publications exclusive! Debut of our live news service!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Pure Publications exclusive! Debut of our live news service!

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:17 pm

I think it lingers because it's afraid to go back down.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3