Ally
Eldorion
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
The Wobbit A Parody
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection Empty The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:21 am

I just saw FotR outdoors with the soundtrack performed live by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and it was GREAT.

The music was slightly louder than normal, so it was a new experience. I heard a lot of new things, and the movie came across as operatic, almost. Amazingly, I had a hard time giving out Wobbit promotional cards there, which was the reason I went! I assumed seeing the movie yet again would be only slightly interesting, but the live performance of the music was a lot of fun.

I highly recommend it if Howard Shore brings the event to your village or hamlet.

-Paul
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection Empty Re: The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 am

That sounds amazing- Id go just for the live ochestra, would mean having to see PJ's cut of the film again but I suppose I could wear a blindfold!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection Empty Like the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:43 pm

I was hoping that the audience, all of whom had already seen the film, would be more "engaged." Dressing up in costume, doing the dialogue, or even shouting at the screen "Throw the Ring, Isildur!" or "Look out, Boromir!" Even without these things it was fun.
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection Empty Re: The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection

Post by Tinuviel Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:11 pm

affraid I was there to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At ravinia????? I was just about to post about it! My mom and I were walking to the car (which was like half a mile away) and we could still here it (we had to leave early, but I've seen the movie so many times i didn't mind). The only thing I didn't like was the part when the balrog is first heard. The soft "oooh oooh" the films sounded like "OOOOOH. OOOOH!" by the orchestra, which was kind of funny Laughing But it was a great experience! I was kind of hoping that the movie would just be playing with no sound, because I like listening to the music by itself (and I also know the words by heart, so...). But I went on Thursday night, otherwise I probably would have seen you Paul!

The Fellowship of the Ring - Live to Projection Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:05 am

I wanted to see the live orchestra showing in New York when it was there a couple years ago but couldn't make it. Sad I'm sure that seeing it outside was a fantastic experience though! I've been to a drive-in theatre once and that was a lot of fun, but this sounds way better (well, it is LOTR Razz).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:34 pm

This thread has slightly taken the gloss off my upcoming visit to watch the North Wales Youth Orchestra in Wrexham next Friday... Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Can't go worng Ally listening to a live orchestra- have fun! Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Orchestras are usually fun, though for my part I've always enjoyed the experience of dressing fancy and going to the (relatively speaking) posh concert hall as much as anything else. Very Happy Have fun, Ally! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Snobby Admin lording it up at posh balls! I bloomin' well knew it!! Evil or Very Mad {{{Do mere moderators get invites to these posh balls? I promise not to drink all the buckie, hell I might even go as far as to promise not to drink most of the buckie.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:32 pm

{{Why should mod get all the fun? We should all go to the posh ball - and still drink all the buckie!! Very Happy forumshire night out!!}}

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm with Kafria! We should have a Forumshire Gala sometime. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Pinics coming up soon- not as posh but plenty buckie. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Remind me when is the picnic?

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Ummm the 28th in theory. {{I am working on it Orwell -I really am!!}} If I can make all the arangements in time- I still dont have the fireworks from Dale yet and whats a picinic without a Goblin-Barker? And the stage isn't even up yet, never hire Biffo for manual labour above ground- first stage he put up no one could see as he had put it 40 foot down!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ummm the 28th in theory. I am working on it Orwell -I really am!!

Yeah, sure! It's a sad day when a so-called friend you met over the internet (and are not even sure even really exists) doesnt spend all his waking hours, even at the cost of his physical and mental wellbeing, working on a project for someone he only ever met in Forumshire and really has no responsibility for; very unForumshirelike in my opinion. Especially as I didn't even insult you by offering you money for all your effort and time! I've done everything right on my side of things: encouraging you, berating you, complaining about you both in front of your face and behind your back; I'm doing my bit, you know! Mad This is so upsetting... Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 am

Crack that whip, Orwell! Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 am

Speaking of stuff to do, PMing you about an idea I had, Petty!
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 am

Work,work, work....I need buckie time! Crying or Very sad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:47 am

Do you need a massage?
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 am

More importantly, do we need another Odo-Petty alter ego romance? Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 am

{{{{{No. No... we don't.}}}}}

Massages? I smell a scandal. Shocked
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmith Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 am

Eldorion wrote:More importantly, do we need another Odo-Petty alter ego romance? Suspect

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Though I might start calling you the "Stickynose Kid" if you're not careful! Mad
janesmith
janesmith
Mother Superior: Our Lady of the Anklelength Frock

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 am

What janesmith and Mr Tyrant do (or NOT do) is entirely their own business! Why bring me into it? Is your brain jelly, Eldo? Mad

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:58 am

Never say no to a massage- not even that time I was really drunk and let Butterfingers Joe the troll do it. You certainly forget about back pain when you get shoved right through the massage table. I was picking out splinters for weeks.

But I assume Jane is an expert, surely they teach basic 'massaging your man after he's done a hard days work putting food on your table you ungrateful wench' classes at Our Lady?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Never say no to a massage- not even that time I was really drunk and let Butterfingers Joe the troll do it. You certainly forget about back pain when you get shoved right through the massage table. I was picking out splinters for weeks.

But I assume Jane is an expert, surely they teach basic 'massaging your man after he's done a hard days work putting food on your table you ungrateful wench' classes at Our Lady?

janesmith anticipated your response and rang me five minutes ago. I'll see you soon! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next