Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 40 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 pm

fuck this shit. I am never ever visiting this thread ever again.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 40 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:23 pm

I was going to respond to Norc, but then I realized that she would never see it anyway! Very Happy {{{Rolling Eyes}}}

Anyway, a spoiler warning has been added to the title. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 pm

well to be fair, Thranduil was put in spoiler thingies, and we cant really see much of the hall as its a rubbish photo. Very Happy unfortunaty every time I try to put images in spoilers it doesnt work, I have tried honest. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:19 pm

I didn't think it was a big deal either but I can understand if some people don't want to see anything. That's why we have the spoiler-free thread. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 pm

well... yeah.. but I need very clear warnings or els I click em :I
and those eyebrows.. they needed some warnings too... I mean, seriously.. he has large eyebrows, okay, but he's blond and well... seriously? I like the bling though (he likes his jewels) adn that he knows how to throw a party ^^ always seen elves as party people (remember rivendell too).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 pm

does Lego have dark eyebrows too? why are people obsessed by the eyebrows anyways? I think they suit him, they are saturnine. He looks vain and a bit arrogant. showing the bling is important to him and his dress is probably impractical in a forest. All the other Elves will probably be in green and browns, but not him, Thanders wants silver, its probably a reflection of his character.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Thranduil knows how to throw a party, and one of his celebrations gives Bilbo the perfect chance to help free his friends and escape from Mirkwood.

After some thought, this gives me a lot of hope. Not only does this seem to describe the book's plot fairly accurately as far a Bilbo's role and character growth, but it also seems to promise a large elven party. So PJ will have a good reason to show some frolics at Rivendell and in the glades to set this up.

For now it's looking like all the major scenes from Bag End to the escape from Mirkwood, (with the possible exception of the fight with talking spiders), will be covered fairly accurately. That makes me happy for now.

And there will be plenty of dross for Petty to get crabbit about and cut out, but in the end he should have something that resembles the book (at least for the first movie). That should make him happy too, though I doubt he'll ever admit it. Rolling Eyes
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 pm

I'd like to agree with you, but the news from Comic-Con has me concerned about Riddles in the Dark. It was described as "comically chilling" or something to that affect. Gollum is also supposed to reveal his name and switch back and forth between personas. I don't think he should be doing that in this scene. Nor should the scene be funny. It should have tension.

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:56 pm

I have this great urge to tell everyone what I know about the movie! Very Happy

{{{Sadly, I don't know anything! Sad }}}

{{{Which might just be as well... Shocked }}}

{{{But no doubt someone will blab after all three are released}}}

{{{I bet Eldo will think that's kosher; I mean, telling Tolkien lovers (and respecters) about what PJ did in the movies after they're released}}}

{{{Yeah, he'll explain it away as being kosher because a lot of people would have seen the movies by then}}}

{{{The prick!}}}}

{{I know! Mad }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 am

Throw a party? I'm all for some Tauriel frolicking action.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:39 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:I'd like to agree with you, but the news from Comic-Con has me concerned about Riddles in the Dark. It was described as "comically chilling" or something to that affect. Gollum is also supposed to reveal his name and switch back and forth between personas. I don't think he should be doing that in this scene. Nor should the scene be funny. It should have tension.

I'm not saying I don't still have some concerns, but the "comically chilling" quote doesn't worry me too much at this point. Tone is such a subtle thing, and the idea of riddling for one's life is full of dark humour, though maybe not what you would call 'funny'. Think of how the Cohen brothers give dark comic twists to all of their villains. I'm especially thinking of Anton in "No Country for Old Men" and his coin toss game. I think that could be fairly called comically chilling, yet there is a LOT of tension. Shocked

As for his switching back and forth, Tolkien says Gollum "always spoke to himself through never having anyone else to speak to". I think it's a fair device for showing his uncertainty if it's not overdone. We'll have to wait and see.....
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 am

I'm going to wait until I see it before I pass judgement on Jackson's handling of the scene, but a specific quote from the scene worried me in particular. Gollum is going back and forth between personalities and then resolved, turns to Bilbo. He says the terms of the game and that if he wins, he gets to eat Bilbo. To which after a pause, Bilbo replies," Alright then". This type of humor reminds me of blockbuster type humor, not comically chilling. As for splitting back and forth between personalities, I don't want Two Towers material here. But I guess I will have to wait and see.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:but a specific quote from the scene worried me in particular. Gollum is going back and forth between personalities and then resolved, turns to Bilbo. He says the terms of the game and that if he wins, he gets to eat Bilbo. To which after a pause, Bilbo replies," Alright then".

That's almost straight from the book though.

"It must compete with us, my preciousss! If precious asks, and it doesn't answer, we eats it, my preciousss. If it asks us and we doesn't answer them we does what it wants, eh? We shows it the way out, yes!"

"All right!" said Bilbo, not daring to disagree.

Isn't that pretty close?
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:31 am

True, it's that coupled with the pause and the description of the scene that worry me. I never imagined the line being used in a context to convey humor. Some of the riddles are kind of funny, but I chalk it up to a matter of taste rather than content making me feel that way. I'll admit I'm being kind of nitpicky.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 pm

]More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 40 Untitle888888
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:39 pm

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 40 7893071878_54e63d5c7e_m

----------

Discussion continued here: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t463-more-hobbit-pictures-2-spoiler-thread
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40