Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Saruman

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 Screen21

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 pm

why did I look! dude, warnings!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Crappy picture anyhow

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Norc wrote:the crown looks good, but the eyebrows.. good lord... really?

“On his head was a crown of berries and red leaves, for the autumn was come again.
In the spring he wore a crown of woodland flowers.
In his hand he held a carven staff of oak.”

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:29 pm

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 1918643206 More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 1748877895 flower More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 1096485955 LOVE ITis that really Thanders? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loving this !!!!!Razz Very Happy Cool cheers sunny drunken king=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh! gone all geeky!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgeekin OUT!!!!!!Razz Very Happy Cool cheers sunny He looks gorgeous!king
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

cough.. hem...well those picures are great Chris. love the Shire one. Thandruil gave me jelly leg, he is better than I imagined, love the feather crown. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:54 pm

See post above.

Said they were berry's and red leaves.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Spoiler:

Is that a catapult in his hand ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

/More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 7893071756_cf57dc3f45_m]
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:26 pm

/More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 HallOfTheElvenKing1]
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Norc tell Mrs Figg off. NO warnings Shocked

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Your in for it now :carrot: :carrot:

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Judging by his coat, Thranduil appears to be the Elven-king of Disco. Shocked They even come out and say that he "knows how to throw a party." Laughing

Also, we do have a spoiler-free thread, which means that this one is by implication spoilerish. Wink I can add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread if people feel strongly about it though. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm

As usual everyone is off about eyebrows and disco jackets and missing the important stuff!

'if it weren't for Thranduil's people saving them, Thorin and his company would surely have died deep in the woods.'

WTF? So lets just take away from Bilbo the crucial first time he rescues the dwarves then is it? Mad Hell whats an important bit of character develpoment when instead PJ can have a big exciting fight with Leggy leaping about like a pixie full of e-numbers. Banghead

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm pretty sure that's true in the book too. Even after Bilbo saves the dwarves they're still lost and starving.

Things could still go down quite differently in the movie, of course.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:As usual everyone is off about eyebrows...

Well for myself I didn't know Colin Farrell had been employed here, so I find this quite interesting news.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Yeah but they dont get saved by elves- they fall asleep and Thorin is captured and taken to Thranduil alone for questioning. Then the next day the rest are simply surrounded and captured. But its a stretch to describe that as 'saving them'.

Whats your money on? Captured?- or Legolas hacking spiders up whilst hanging upside down by his toes from a tree?

Its also during this bit, between the spiders and getting caught Bilbo tells the rest of the dwarves about the Ring.
If PJ stitches the elves capturing them onto the spider fight for extra action he must be moving or dumping Bilbo revealing the Ring to the others.

I wish I knew what you were eluding to Elthir so I'd know if I should be laughing or cursing you!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures

Post by RA Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 pm

That picture Mrs Figg posted seems to suggest that Bilbo's character delevopment won't be disrupted. At least I think it won't be. It makes reference to the magic ring being the company's saving grace. I'm not going to know for sure until I see the movie, but Jackson seems to have the right idea.

Thranduil looks good, very kingly and elf-like, except for the eyebrows.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:As usual everyone is off about eyebrows and disco jackets and missing the important stuff!

'if it weren't for Thranduil's people saving them, Thorin and his company would surely have died deep in the woods.'

WTF? So lets just take away from Bilbo the crucial first time he rescues the dwarves then is it? Mad Hell whats an important bit of character develpoment when instead PJ can have a big exciting fight with Leggy leaping about like a pixie full of e-numbers. Banghead

Not to rain on your crabbitiness, but I think that's actually pretty accurate as far as it goes.

"Without a feast we shan't remain alive much longer anyway," said Bombur, and Bilbo heartily agreed with him.

"Why did you and your folk three times try to attack my people at their merrymaking?" asked the king.
We did not attack them,"answered Thorin, " We came to beg because we were starving."

...Bilbo and the dwarves made one last despairing effort to find a way out before they died of hunger and thirst.

Out leaped Wood-elves with their bows and spears and called the dwarves to halt. There was no thought of fight. Even if the dwarves had not been in such a state that they were actually glad to be captured.... etc.

It sounds like Thranduil's people saved them to me.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Ah but you are not taking into consideration how PJ will insert a big fight in there- you think he will introduce Legolas and Tauriel without a big fight?

I'll eat Mrs Figgs hat if them being surrounded to weak to fight and weaponless and easily captured isnt turned into part of an action sequence.
And just as astounded if it doesnt involve killing of spiders, which would mean no room for Bilbo telling the others about the Ring as PJ is unlikely, on past experience, to break his action for a conversation scene.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I think Thranduil looks like something out of Flash Gordon. Will be hard to look at him in the theater without giggling.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: I wish I knew what you were eluding to Elthir so I'd know if I should be laughing or cursing you!

Laughing

I forget myself already, but Colin has notable eyebrows in my opinion. I guess that's not him though.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:01 pm

what have I done now? Very Happy you have seen the dwarves before surely? oh you mean the elven hall? well I did try to put it into the spoiler thing to be honest, but it didnt work, for some reason I cant put images into the spoiler wotsit. and Chris didnt put the image of the WC in spoilers Mad

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 39 1748877895

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Norc wrote:the crown looks good, but the eyebrows.. good lord... really?

Don't be fooled.
Spoiler:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm

I love Thandys eyebrows, they are menacing naughty eyebrows of doom. Razz I love his silver mithril disco coat, and his crown of twiglets.Very Happy the more I look at him the more me likey. Razz gorgeous. He likes his bling does Thandy, thats what caused the trouble in the Mountain, the greed for jools and all. he's a Chavtastic elven king!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next