Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 pm

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Screen24

Made it bigger for you Mrs Figg Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:00 am

thats what they all say Chris, but thanks. Wink much appreciated.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am

Nudge nudge wink wink lol!
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 am

With the orange leaves all over that poster I can't help but think of someone dressed up as Gandalf for Halloween. bounce
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 am

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Woodse10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:36 am

Geez they all look so different from the LOTR documentaries. I know it's been a decade but it's still kind of jarring when documentaries are the only place I've ever seen faces for most of the crew.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:28 pm

i love the new pictures and I wish so badly that I was at comic con, anyone joining next year?
just one correction, I do sherlock things, not chris Mad and I am beginning to feel afraid that mrs Figg might steal my title :S
I would write more, but I am at a library and I don't have to much time on my hands. but I love the trolls. and the lego figures.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 pm

good to see you Norc, dont worry I was just keeping things suitably Sherlock while you were away. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Typical! Rolling Eyes Is this Forumshire or Sherlockshire? Suspect

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 pm

haha, Sherlockshire Wink drove past a place called Holmenes.. just fun:)
thanks Figg, I like your tributes ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 am

Thror's Map with back-lit Moon Letters!

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Screen27
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 am

can you have a tattoo of moon letters? cyclops
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:33 am

Mrs Figg wrote:can you have a tattoo of moon letters? cyclops

Why yes!

It should be possible to write 'of moon letters' on the skin Wink
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 am

Only to be scene when you moon Laughing
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:39 am

and under the moon. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:27 am

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 39609710
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 am

"Fifteen birds in five firtrees,
their feathers were fanned in a fiery breeze!
But, funny little birds, they had no wings!
O what shall we do with the funny little things?
Roast'em alive, or stew them in a pot;
fry them, boil them and eat them hot?

Burn, burn tree and fern!
Shrivel and scorch! A fizzling torch
To light the night for our delight,
Ya hey!

Bake and toast'em, fry and roast'em!
till beards blaze, and eyes glaze;
till hair smells and skins crack,
fat melts, and bones black
in cinders lie
beneath the sky!
So dwarves shall die,
and light the night for our delight,
Ya hey!
Ya-harri-hey!
Ya-hoy!"
(Pic by Alan Lee)

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 55822110
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Now THATS my idea of the Dwarves, not Jacksons glamour boys. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:04 pm

I really want that song.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Just a random rant after seeing the last week or so's news and sights

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I was thinking the something when Boyen's said Galadriel was the most powerful being in Middle Earth... Yeah the most powerful female being. Not to offend any female fans of Middle Earth. But I would think Gandalf and the istari would be stronger even though they weren't supposed to use their power.. I really don't get how she can call herself a Tolkien geek and make all the changes that she made or make comments like making it better. What a crock of crap.

Yeah and I'm totally syched about the whole chillingly comedic Gollum in the Hobbit...YEAH RIGHT!!! that scene should not be comedic at all, chilling yes comedic no. Gollum is a cold blooded killer and they are gonna make him some Middle earth schizophrenic Forest Gump type character like they did in TTT and ROTK. I find it sad and pathetic they are more concerned with showing off their creation and the technological advances than having the character remain in any way shape or form what he was in the Hobbit. hiding in the shadows dark and skulking. He wasn't answering himself in the hobbit, sure rambling and talking TO himself yes but he wasn't answering himself back like he was doing in Jackson's trilogy.

Kili and Tauriel romance I still want to vomit when I hear that. are they really serious? well I guess you have to have something for the women to enjoy instead of a good action flick. PC bull crap is all that nonsense is. If women don't like the fact it doesn't have romance in it well they can go to the theater next door and watch the new Bridgette Jones diary film or whatever chick flick they want for all I care. Why screw up the Hobbit for that? Ohhhh thats right its because Jackson has 2 female writing partners who can't stand to have the Hobbit a "boy's club" kind of film, I forgot.

Seems when we get a bit of good news (trolls designs and that they are talking) we get 5 bits of nauseating news or more. Like that of a 3rd film... WTF???? like they need to make up more of their fanfare stuff to fill a 3rd film now. I really don't give a dog's bollocks about the events after the quest for Erobor and Bilbo returns home... Its over... yeah would be cool to include some footage like that on the DVD's of the Hobbit as bonus material for the fans but to make a 3rd film? To me its a complete waste of time to make a full length film out of random events where the only thing to tie them together would be the Middle Earth back drop. A 3rd film would serve no purpose, well except to satisfy those people with no imagination who can't imagine what those events would look like now that we have been given all the character descriptions.

Would it really be so awful to have the story of the Hobbit be just that, the story of Bilbo Baggin's adventure to help regain Thorin Oakenshield's ancient home of Erobor from the Dragon Smaug? with all the events that happen in the book and nothing more... would that be such a bad thing? Apparently Peter Jackson thinks so.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:13 pm

I wouldn't necessarily agree with Gollum being cold blooded killer in The Hobbit. Haven't read the book in a while, but I don't think Gollum actually realizes the ring is missing until well into the game of riddles. A cold blooded killer surely has the intention to kill straight away, and while for sure Gollum is dark and sneaky, I got the vibe that at that inital encounter he is more curious than ready to chop Bilbo's head off Very Happy I hope he isn't as detached as he was in the LOTR though, because obviously, the agony of losing the ring hasn't hit him yet Very Happy

Which leads me to my main point

There's gunna be another Bridget Jones film?!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 pm

I really hope not the first two were bad enough. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Bridget Jones great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great-grandmother's diary. Set in A Song of Ice and Fire esque world. But still a romcom. Maybe you'd like that M.F Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Ally wrote:I wouldn't necessarily agree with Gollum being cold blooded killer in The Hobbit. Haven't read the book in a while, but I don't think Gollum actually realizes the ring is missing until well into the game of riddles. A cold blooded killer surely has the intention to kill straight away, and while for sure Gollum is dark and sneaky, I got the vibe that at that inital encounter he is more curious than ready to chop Bilbo's head off Very Happy I hope he isn't as detached as he was in the LOTR though, because obviously, the agony of losing the ring hasn't hit him yet Very Happy

But it was Gollum's intention to Kill Bilbo all along. he was curious not seeing another being like himself in So long but Gollum wanted to check out Bilbo if you were because he was different than an orc. But he was still a killer. I guess I just seen him as Dark and dangerous and not the schizophrenic split personality case that Jackson made him in TTT and ROTK.... Gollum was way too upbeat for me in those films and it just seems like Jackson is more concerned with showing off Gollum than using the character in a dark dangerous manner... esp if they have him with the Smeagol part of his personalities which is nowhere evident in the book at all And IMHO opinion should remain that way
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
Ally wrote:I wouldn't necessarily agree with Gollum being cold blooded killer in The Hobbit. Haven't read the book in a while, but I don't think Gollum actually realizes the ring is missing until well into the game of riddles. A cold blooded killer surely has the intention to kill straight away, and while for sure Gollum is dark and sneaky, I got the vibe that at that inital encounter he is more curious than ready to chop Bilbo's head off Very Happy I hope he isn't as detached as he was in the LOTR though, because obviously, the agony of losing the ring hasn't hit him yet Very Happy

But it was Gollum's intention to Kill Bilbo all along. he was curious not seeing another being like himself in So long but Gollum wanted to check out Bilbo if you were because he was different than an orc. But he was still a killer. I guess I just seen him as Dark and dangerous and not the schizophrenic split personality case that Jackson made him in TTT and ROTK.... Gollum was way too upbeat for me in those films and it just seems like Jackson is more concerned with showing off Gollum than using the character in a dark dangerous manner... esp if they have him with the Smeagol part of his personalities which is nowhere evident in the book at all And IMHO opinion should remain that way

I guess this one of those examples of the links back to LOTR that they are trying to confirm. I guess you are right, though I did, I admit read him as more of a mischievous character rather than down and out dark & evil, but even at that stage he obviously wasn't a "good guy". Though he has to be more human than he was in LOTR otherwise they'd ruin the whole character- it'd be like 2 different characters Wink

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next