Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Semiramis wrote:Is it just me or does it remind anyone else too very much of Shelob's lair? scratch

It does a bit, but I suppose I expected that since the spiders in Mirkwood are supposed to be descendants of Shelob. I'd expect and be fine with some similarities, though I do hope that the forest setting can be unique in its own way. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:00 pm

The guy that wrote that blog where the photo came from is a tosser. and I told him so. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:15 pm

You do indeed seem to be in a tell'em so mood Mrs Figgs? Eel trouble? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:27 pm

It's those cheap Prickleeels from Fjordianlandia she's been importing lately, as I hear's it. Make any lady crabbit. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Ahh should have gone for Scotshoobit eels then- before they vote for independence! Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 pm

FromTolkien's description of Mirkwood:

"The nastiest things they saw were the cobwebs: dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick, often stretching from tree to tree, or tangled in the lower branches on either side of them."

"It was everlastingly still and dark and stuffy. Even the dwarves felt it, who were used to tunneling and who lived at times for long whiles without the light of the sun."

"Nothing wholesome could they see growing in the woods, only funguses and herbs with pale leaves and unpleasant smell."

It's so dark that none of the dwarves can see the boat on the far bank of the river only 12 yards away. Bilbo can just barely make it out.

It looks to me like PJ has quite appropriately taken the mushrooms and other fungii we see here and in the production video as a symbol of the dank, unwholesome decay of Mirkwood that Tolkien describes. The wild colors do make them look dangerous. I'm hoping he darkens the scenes even more and adds unexplained glowing eyes in the darkness. Shocked
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Yeah the fungi in the prod vid fit the bill, but it needs to be a dark gloomy place too, not overly vibrant- its called MIRKwood afterall!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 pm

While the production video was pretty vibrant, it's worth noting that we only saw it when the sound stage was brightly lit. With appropriate lighting and color editing I'm sure it will be much gloomier and subdued, as PJ said it would. I have hope for a faithful and visually interesting depiction of Mirkwood. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 pm

yes Petty you may have noticed the crabbitfest I went on today, its due to my brain cells being covered in snot, it makes them backfire and I am not my usual eely oily self. My apologies as soon as this pox abates I will resume gentle flim flam, and wishy washy tittering, giggling and smoothing of ruffled feathers shall be the order of the day, either that or I quash my unladylike outbursts with a wee dram or two.. but then I would probably scare the milkman ...with my reputation.. at 2 oclock in the morning...running bare cheeked through the lanes.. what were they thinking..

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm big enough and probably ugly enough to take a little crabbit Mrs Figgs- one cant go around being crabbit then complaining when it comes back ones way! But I always get concerned in crabbitness in the ladyfolk you know. Its a weakness probably.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yes Petty you may have noticed the crabbitfest I went on today, its due to my brain cells being covered in snot, it makes them backfire and I am not my usual eely oily self. My apologies as soon as this pox abates I will resume gentle flim flam, and wishy washy pandering, appeasing and smoothing of ruffled feathers shall be the order of the day, either that or I quash my unladylike outbursts with a wee dram or two.. but then I would probably scare the postman..jump out.. Boo!

I feel a peculiar mix of revulsion and sexual excitement, Mrs Figg. Please stop it. (I.e - More Please).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Who said I am complaining? crabbit is as crabbit does. you give me crabbit, I give you some back, I dont remember complaining about it to be honest, or maybe my poor brain cells are too souped up with yucky stuff to register. I certainly dont mind crabbit coming my way, its strangely facinating.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm

No, no Mrs Figg- I meant there was no use in me complaining if someoone else is being crabbit!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 pm

gotcha. Wink
I have the patience of an Ozhobbit confronted by comely Roos when I feel lousy.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey you! Mad

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:17 am

I wonder if this is the scene where Bilbo names his sword.
I shall call you Sting.

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Sting10

Last edited by chris63 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 am

It would appear to be so, Chris, right down to the black stains on the blade. study
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:52 am

You can see spider legs in the background on the right. They look big spider legs. yuck. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 pm

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Thehobbit_630

That axe looks so "#!)&! silly Mad

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Yup it looks bloody silly indeed- pretty sure he is going to be a mute dwarf using dwrafish sign language (can only begin to imagine the bad visual jokes PJ will indulge in there)- also one of them seems to have a plate of chicken on their head.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:53 pm

And it looks like Oin has got a hearing trumpet, so he's probably deaf. Wonderful! We can look forward to PJ making jokes about 13 different disabilities, not counting dwarfism. That should make very entertaining reading from the politically correct community. Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Not to mention people with chicken on their head disabilities. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:33 pm

And where is Bilbo's other suspender??? And his ears still look to big...

More Hobbit pictures | SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Agreed with all the comments so far, but the one that really jumps out at me is the chicken on the head. Why exactly is our favorite Mongolian sheep-herder/Pippi Longstocking enthusiast carrying his food like that? I'm not sure if it will be a throw-away background joke or if PJ will actually try to explain it. Suspect

NB Ringdrotten, if by any chance you look at the Creative Corner forum and in particular a thread called "The Needlehole Mysteries", pay no mind to the character of Sgt. Ringo Herring. I'm sure he is not a reflection of you at all. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Maybe Mongolian Airways staff carry chicken around on their heads for passengers, and so they can have their hands free to wrestle goats out of First Class seats, as goats are partial to first class nibbles.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next