Post by Biffo Banks Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 am

Braneyobbit? Pleez?
Biffo Banks
Biffo Banks
Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Dark Planet - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Planet

Post by Orwell Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 am

Judging by the number of hits we're getting on this thread just now, I assume we are getting a few of our Dark Planet... err... Planet Tolkien folk popping in. If I'm right about this, please, good people, don't think us a rude rustic vulgar folk (we are, but please don't think that) and feel free to browse.

Forumshire is an eclectic place, full of fun and (mainly) mock nastiness and violence and innuendoes by the truck load, but there are more serious places to visit. On some threads we even have quite intelligent conversations on Tolkien subject matters.

We do discuss other things, of course.

If nonsense (of the Petty Tyrant variety) does not appeal to you, feel free to post serious stuff on just about any subject.

If you want to talk about Star Wars or Winnie the Pooh, make a thread on the Other Fantasy section...

Oh yes, Jane Austen or Emmanuel Kant discussions are welcome too . Put them wherever you think they might fit, but probably best not on the purely Tolkienish Threads - though that's not even mandatory. Eldorion will move stuff if he thinks it absolutely necessary - and he will only remove stuff such as spam or truly unacceptable stuff - good lad he is.

Oh yes, we haven't got "A History of King John" Thread, but Doctor Who is covered...

Cheers,
Orwell.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:59 am

I can't get any rest, can I? Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 am

NB I think this thread is better suited for the New Members forum, really. It fits the definition of "random spam" pretty well. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 am

Yes, but it might serve as an entry point for folk visiting (or fleeing) from the chill corridors and streets of a certain grey barren world...

(((((Some have called the above planet, "Rule" Planet, Eldo. But what's the point of "Rules" if everyone has fled and no one is left to blindly obey them? Shocked )))))

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 am

Orwell wrote:Yes, but it might serve as an entry point for folk visiting (or fleeing) from the chill corridors and streets of a certain grey barren world...

If it's an entry point, then it would seem to fit the definition of New Members even better. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 am

Oh youuuuuu... Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 am

cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 am

(((((Pretty didn't meet up with me, Petty! I hope she hasn't gone back to that place on another dangerous mission! Shocked)))))
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:53 am

((((I wouldn't take it personnaly Mirabella, there could be any number of reasons, she might have been drunnk, on a 'mission' as she puts it, or just got another offer (ie one that was right there right then, her favourite sort). Although I am sure she will give you some excuse or other. But as far as I know she has washed back up on the Dark Planet somewhere.))))

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 am

Cinnamon? I hope folk from Dark Planet don't mind cinnamon or secrets.... Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:50 am

Phew! Just got back! I went and met (sort of) one of the Dark Planet people. Formad, his name. He is currently trying to whip up his folk to save their planet from death-from-disinterest. I wished him well. I also left this uplifting song on the Forumshire Thread, hopefully to inspire them to rise up and save their land. (Actually, our thread there is like a Consular Office. Well done, Pretty!)

It is a poem from those dark first few days when the Old Forum was unexpectedly and mercilessly assaulted by Taz. (Thanks Wisey! Very Happy )

The hobbits were all fearful,

When darkness threw it's cloak,

The village became a suburb,

And people lost all hope,

But Eldorion rode forward,

On his great steed, Internet,

He cried, "A new village, friends,

That's what I'll go and get."

And so the hobbits of that village,

Fled to a greener shore,

Where everyone could sing and dance,

And breathe free air, what's more.

with kind permission of

Wisey Banks

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:10 am

Our very own singing advertisment, and right in the heart of the Dark Planet- good stuff Orwell (and Wisey of course)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:15 am

Err... I have also begun visiting Tolkiens Ring (forum)... but if you go and look, Petty, you'll see I go only (pretty much) as a Forumshire Ambassador. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:20 am

I don't know, there is something disreputable about all these other sites- there's no place like home.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:27 am

I know, I know - if it's any consolation, no one wants to talk to me. Deadish Forums and they don't even want to tell me off for my thinly veiled advertising efforts! Shocked Don't they realise that any posting is still posting. They might even form a posse and attack me (not that I'm being inflammatory or anything, though a hint or two has crept in here and there about how evil Taz is). Like I said, getting folk posting is the first thing, you can start removing unsavoury Forumshire sorts later, if it comes to that.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:44 am

Er, while I appreciate your efforts at drumming up activity, Orwell, I'm not sure that posting advertisements on other forums is really the best way to do that. Typically, admins like it when you ask permission first or post in a designated place for other sites, if there is one. We wouldn't want to be construed as spammers. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 am

Well in fairness he is posting it in the Forumshire thread which Pretty set up in the advertising section of the Dark Planet, so I think its within their own rules. Thats the thing about loads of rules they can be used against the rule makers.

I'd also like to add that I think, advertising or no, they are bloomin' lucky to be getting such fine examples of Channeling on their site. Sterling work from Wisey, brings a tear to my eye (tastes of buckie!)

As to a posse being formed to round you up, well if that happens you know what to do. Call on your friends from Forumshire, a cavalry will be created and I will happily send them off to the rescue, obviously I will have to stay here incase anything goes wrong but I'd be there in spirit well I'll be here drinking sprits which is practically the same thing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

I was talking more about the Tolkien's Ring forum, Petty. Smile I agree that we're on good enough terms with the DP - and have talked with their moderators enough - that we can "advertise" there in the Forumshire thread.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I refuse to visit anywhere called Tolkiens Ring (who runs it Pure publications!?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 pm

I was in the middle of a (legitimate non-advertising-like post) on Tolkiens Ring when a thought occurred to me like the one I presume occurred to you, Petty! Very Happy You'll be proud of me though, Eldo, I restrained myself and made no witty remarks. sunny Indeed, I made a couple of reasonable posts in their Movie section. The ad was really an invitation to Them to come here and advertise their forum here - but that would require at least one of them joining, however temporarily that might be. A mutual arrangement for mutual benefit! Can't be fairer (or Forumshire-like) than that! cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:29 pm

BELOW IS AN EXCHANGE BETWEEN YOURS TRULY AND FORNAD OF DARK PLANET (KNOWN OVER THERE AS PLANET TOLKIEN):

LOVELY CHAP, MY KIND OF GUY, I FEEL! Very Happy

---

Fornad

(Quoting Wisey)
"And so the hobbits of that village,
Fled to a greener shore,
Where everyone could sing and dance,
And breathe free air, what's more.
" ((This was part of a Wisey channelling, as you might be aware who have braved the grey shores of Dark Planet!))

(Fornad continues:)

"I'm beginning to get the impression that you lot don't like us much.
We had as little knowledge that you were all coming as we did - the owner of our website, Taz, hadn't told us a thing."

(And then this piece, worthy of Forumshire to be sure!)

"The village-people looked from their windows,
To see the hobbits going away,
'The laws were too harsh!', they said,
'We didn't know what to say!'

But the village-people were sad,
To see the hobbits leave,
'Our laws were only for peace,' they said.
'So others would not fight and grieve.'

'So do not go!,' they cried,
We have been around for years,
Under the light of Tolkien's magic,
Laughter, games, RPGs.

'But a friend of ours has sailed,
He will never return again,
A storyteller, giver of joy,
A leader and friend to men.

We once had his light to lead us,
But now that light is gone,
We wander lost in the darkness,
All hope of help foregone.

We'd hoped our coming would save us,
A chance to start again,
To bring back the laughter and the stories,
To have it as it was then.'
"

A WORTHY POEM AS I SAID ABOVE, (AT LEAST I THINK SO).

AND HERE IS YOUR (self elected) AMBASSADOR'S RESPONSE...

You know, I do believe I like you, Fornad!

Never mind Wisey's channellings, they're half angry, but three quarters plain fun, even if they are a bit facetious, and at Tolkien Planet's expense. Though not always, as the next bit of channelling (channelled fresh, mind) shows....

"Oh Fornad is a worthy fellow,
Red his boots and green his bellows,
On the hill he jumps and sings,
And brings us joy on feathered wings,

See his smile, it's bright like gold,
He makes the heart that bit less old,
And though it's true, he's from Dark Planet,
I'm no longer as mad as a gannet."

with the kind permission of
Wisey Banks
Chief Forumshire Channneller.

I would warn you, Fornad, 'channelling' is an inexact science. Sometimes it's pure liquid gold and sometimes it's lines like "mad as a gannet."

--- And to think some people think me churlish --- churlish!!!! --- a very Diplomat I am, can anyone doubt it! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Advertising is judged by success Orwell. Has this Fornad joined our beloved Forumshire? I see not (our last new member seeming to be a non posting android to judge by their name! Escaped no doubt from the back catalogue of George Lucas's mind). Result! Thats whats needed never mind your namby pamby codling of foreigners (they must after all be foreign being from a Dark Planet, not like us at all, best not to trust anyone who lives more than half a mile away to be sure, thats the hobbit way).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Diplomacy on DP, at least with Fornad, seems to be going well. I hope he'll come by and visit us since I was very impressed by his channeling. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:our last new member seeming to be a non posting android to judge by their name! Escaped no doubt from the back catalogue of George Lucas's mind

He made a grand total of one post, spamming to link to some commercial site that I don't even remember anything about, before feeling the swift fist of JUSTICE. Twisted Evil

they must after all be foreign being from a Dark Planet, not like us at all, best not to trust anyone who lives more than half a mile away to be sure, thats the hobbit way).

I would think that Internet-using Forumhobbits can be a bit more open-minded than our namesakes. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next