+4
Mrs Figg
azriel
halfwise
bungobaggins
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 'Meaning in the Music' Game - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Meaning in the Music' Game

Post by azriel Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 pm

I hear disbelief, heart ache, revenge, coldness.
Great bit of music Lance.

The 'Meaning in the Music' Game - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The 'Meaning in the Music' Game - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

The 'Meaning in the Music' Game - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Meaning in the Music' Game

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am

Bluebottle wrote:Um.. what are we supposed to be guessing? Shocked

Blue - this music is specific to a character in a game. I was looking to see if people could get an image of what they thought this character may be like from the music.

Az - good observations... do you think you could describe what this character might be like?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Oo cripes, I dunno ? I don't "game" at all, never even bothered with arcade machines on the pier Smile so, at a very rough guess I might suggest someone who's lost a love, someone close to them, I'm feeling a Man ? LMAO ! that wasn't good at all ! Laughing Awh shit.
Someone of an ordinary existence that's now gotta make decisions he didn't want.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Did the very end of the song make you think anything about them?

You are the only one playing so far so gonna question you!?

Smile
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:32 pm

Oh gawd Smile I'm in for a grilling am I Smile that's ok, its quite fun actually. Let me go back & have another listen Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:40 pm

From 3 mins in I get the feeling theres another person there. Ist person has caught up & met 2nd person & witnesses their cold hearted hatred.
I bet I'm so totally wrong but, its fun to wibble the old grey cells before they burn out Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:58 pm

I will reveal tomorrow. See if anyone else fancies taking a stab.

Thought people would enjoy this a bit more than they seem to have!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 pm

{{{Sorry Lance- I haven't had the tie to even listen tot he music yet! Mad But I do like the idea of this thread and want to see it continue, so hang on i there I will try to add my thoughts later- though with the studying for tomorrow, it may not be till tomorrow! Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:26 pm

OK... I will hold off on it until later tomorrow then! Smile
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Don't think I would like to meet this creature/person. Theres some undercurrents I found a bit scary, flashing knives/blades, it seemed tragic and doomy gloomy, dark.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 am

Interesting Figgy. Good ear...
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:02 am

Petty - any ideas before I reveal?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 am

{{ My impressions are someone who is starting on a journey with an aim, but that the journey is started by pain or grief. I also get the impression that even their success is destined to be a defeat of sorts- victory coming at some sort of personal price, or even self sacrifice and loss. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Few interesting responses!

I will be on my laptop in a few hours and will let you know how close or far you were.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Melancholia. An arduous task ahead. This character is not a happy camper, but determined, grim.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 pm

OK.

So the theme song that I played in an excerpt of a longer piece, in fact 2 songs, that was composed for one of the toughest enemies in the Destiny universe (so far). Known under various names in the lore of the game, in the 'present time' of the game he is known as Oryx: The Taken King.

Merging the guesses and the lore, you can see where some of your guesses were close to the mark.

Azriel wrote:
Someone of an ordinary existence that's now gotta make decisions he didn't want.

So to start here, Oryx was originally female and named Aurash. She was one of three surviving daughters of a ruler of a very weak, feeble race. They lived no longer than 10 years, were the prey of many other species and lived in an environment that was very hostile to their species. At one point, millions of years ago, their home was invaded by another group of their species where their father was killed.

Figgy wrote:
Theres some undercurrents I found a bit scary, flashing knives/blades, it seemed tragic and doomy gloomy, dark.

McPetty wrote:
My impressions are someone who is starting on a journey with an aim, but that the journey is started by pain or grief. I also get the impression that even their success is destined to be a defeat of sorts- victory coming at some sort of personal price, or even self sacrifice and loss.

It is a bit of a tragic story as their desire to not be the prey of the universe drove their desire for power, but the price was to be the host for an insatiable being whose hunger could only be satisfied by the suffering of the universe. This led to the 3 sisters creating an army of beings known as the Hive whose existence was essentially to tithe to their masters, the payment being death and suffering and the destruction of countless species.

McPetty wrote:
Melancholia. An arduous task ahead. This character is not a happy camper, but determined, grim.

The world of the hive is driven by something called the sword logic which is essentially survival of the strongest with the ultimate purpose being the domination of all, but at this point there would be no more to give these insatiable gods and Oryx and the Hive would be devoured themselves.

Azriel wrote:
I hear disbelief, heart ache, revenge, coldness.

Azriel wrote:
I might suggest someone who's lost a love, someone close to them, I'm feeling a Man ?

The reason why Oryx arrives in our system is because we had previously destroyed his son, Crota. His purpose being revenge and to finish what Crota had started.

Below is a video showing the opening battle against Oryx's fleet with another species called the Awoken... ex humans that were transformed for some unknown reason. Oryx is quite obvious.

Hope you enjoyed.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 pm

wow, like the look of that game

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:43 am

I need to find me a woman with glowing eyes like that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:37 am

Don't we all Halfy!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2