odo banks
Saradoc
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Admin
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm probably being slow but anyone know how to install a new font on win7? So far got as far as control panel/appearance and personalization/fonts but can't find an option to add more!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com!

Post by Baingil Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 pm

I have Windows Vista, but what I do is I extract the downloaded file if it's zipped, go to the folder with all the fonts, and copy and paste the new font files to that folder.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Worked a treat. Thankyou Baingil.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Awesome. Smile You're welcome.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:The fonts very nice- I just used yours Eldo for expediency (to be honest I hadn't expected you to actually use it, I was just throwing stuff out there). No reason of course why we can't cycle banners every so often to keep things fresh.

I just threw something together too, but I thought it'd be nice to see how yours looked up top. Smile I might change it later just to give some of the other options a try, too. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:23 pm

They all look great Very Happy And as Petty said:

Pettytyrant101 wrote:No reason of course why we can't cycle banners every so often to keep things fresh.

Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com! - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Couldn't resist having a go with one of these new fonts. Love a new font! Very Happy

[img]Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com! - Page 2 Logo5[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 pm

I just tried uploading Baingil's banner as an experiment and apparently the size restriction is not actually set in stone, though I think it would be best if we don't have anything too big. That should give people a bit more room to work with. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Cool. Baingil's looks really good. Putting the avatars in is a fun idea but does crowd it out, might have another go sometime at a slightly bigger size, but I vote for sticking with Baingil's one for now. Its nice and clean.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Nice.... and from the the direct descendant of a rustic McTyrant! Amazing! Shocked And then Baingil - and her a girl and all! Shocked Anyhow, credit where it's due, well done you Forumshire Folk!

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:07 pm

I like Baingil's logo too.. If I ever find myself with image edding software again, and if Im feeling inclined I may have a bash. Though i'd proably go over the top with a massive woodland fantasy forest LOTR themed logo which takes up with the width of the page Very Happy

But I like Baingil's

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:21 am

Get yourself Gimp Ally. Quick google search will turn it up (and depending on your google preferences settings a lot more besides!!), its very good I use it all the time and its completely free.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:15 am

GIMP, for sure, seems a good alternative, but the trouble is that i'm so used to photoshop that any other software seems tiresome and difficult to use, as I had my photoshop all nicely laid out. I'll download it though when I get back to a capable computer where I can type normally Smile

And as I'm no longer using photoshop legally (I first used it in school and downloaded a torrent soon after) maybe I should switch!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 am

I had the opposite problem Ally! I started out on Gimp as the adobe suit was out of my budget at the time. Now I have it I find I am so used to gimp that it takes me 3 times as long to do anything in photoshop. From what I can tell the main difference between the two is not really in what each can do (they both cover all the same things) but in extras. Photoshop has loads of little extra stuff, templates and the like, downloadable brushes and generally a lot more support than gimp, understandable as gimp is free. But for 99% of the time gimp will do what you need (I understand Pure Publications uses it almost exclusively in all its newspapers).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I understand Pure Publications uses it almost exclusively in all its newspapers

Now there's a reason to go with GIMP if I ever saw one! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I only use it cos I'm so farmilar with PS, yes, I'm sure everything that I do in PS I can do in Gimp Very Happy The trouble is that I spend so long learning how to use photshop (it's not very user friendly) and then even longer learning all the scripting codes that can be used, I'm not sure if I could be bothered to switch!

But I'm sure that, unless I start up an 3D Image editing, video animation painting and editing company, GIMP would be fine for me. I'll look into it in the summer

And it's always good to have a brand associated with software, for that extra bit of exposure Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 am

Nice what's being done to Forumshire. A "greener" Forumshire seems perfectly apt! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks, Orwell! Very Happy
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 am

Hi everyone. This seems a very interesting forum. I have only read a few posts, but I can see it is quite different to others I have looked at. Smile

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 am

"Different" is a word you might indeed use, Anne. Laughing And welcome! (Oh yes, try to ignore Pettytyrant101 - he means well).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:35 am

"try to ignore Pettytyrant101 - he means well"- Orwell

I do? Well I never who knew!
Welcome Anne. Don't be put off by any perceived wackiness (especially from Orwell who excels at it) you are most welcome to Forumshire. cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:02 am

We're all wacky.

Welcome, Anne! And also welcome on behalf of Eldo, the main admin, who I'm sure would welcome you himself if he were around. I hope you enjoy it here!
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 am

Welcome to forumshire Anne Very Happy

Yes, this green and verdant land is a unique oasis! Come in, settle on a bench and share a second breakfast watching the comings and goings of the neighbours.

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:49 pm

I certainly will seek to guide you where I can. Very Happy

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Welcome, Anne Very Happy

Welcome to HobbitMovieForum.com! - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum