Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:42 pm

That beautiful Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by chris63 Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:21 am

That is nice 👍

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Ent10

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:01 pm

I think you found an ent stepping through the flowers.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:15 pm

Or a sausage with legs. 😅

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Halfy says something sweet & sausages spring to Chris's mind Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:08 pm

{{ Best not to mention what I thought then! Laughing Bluebells be out here soon. Love the forest floor when its covered in bluebells, its like a blue mist. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Transported to a Faery realm when the bluebells are out, theres nothing like it !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:25 pm

Not too well produced and could use some more depth, but hey.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:09 am

This is Gleno Dam  a multiple arch buttress dam on the Gleno Creek in the Valle di Scalve, northern Province of Bergamo, Italy. The dam was built between 1916 and 1923 with the purpose of producing hydroelectric power. I saw this in a history prog on tv and I couldnt help but think it looked like the black gates of Mordor. Of course on tv you get to see it from all angles and the camera leads you up thru the valley with snow all around, sparse vegetation, no settlements and you just imagine.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Mordor10
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Mordor11

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:13 am

yeas it does! pale quite scary
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:30 pm

I'm a little confused: what use is a dam that doesn't actually block the river gorge or a hydroelectric plant with no water flowing through it?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 10, 2023 6:17 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/10/sound-artist-eavesdrops-on-what-is-thought-to-be-worlds-heaviest-organism-pando-utah

This is very Treebeardy, deep rumbles under the Earth. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 10, 2023 7:27 pm

So where's the ding-blasted recording? Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Mad yeah I know!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:00 am

Puente del Inca looks just like I imagine Helms Deep.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Had to look it up. Here I go putting it in context.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Screen81
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Screen82

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:57 pm

Its probably too small for Helms Deep but I like the river at the bottom.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:12 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 33 Calcat10

First glance reminded me of Minas Tirith, this is what the text about it says....

"Calcata.
It is an Italian village located on top of a volcanic cliff in North Lazio. Its history goes back more than 3,000 years, starting with the Etruscan-Faliscan civilization.
There is a city and houses multi-storey caves above and on the ground as well as below street level.
The town has a single access through a gate that runs along the walls, near the ruins of Monte Li Santi, an ancient Faliscan temple."

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:20 pm

You'd think you'd have to be scared of the neighbors to live up there, but then it looks like all the neighbors joined you up there as well!

One has to wonder about the sanitary plumbing in a place like that. Must be a reason the houses below are all clustered on one end.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:23 pm

Looked it up, now I really want to visit!

In the 1930s, the hill town's fortified historic centre was condemned by the government for fear that the volcanic cliffs the ancient community was built upon would collapse. Local residents moved to nearby Calcata Nuova. In the 1960s, the emptied historical centre began to be repopulated by artists and hippies who squatted in its medieval stone and masonry structures. Many of the squatters eventually purchased their homes, the government reversed its condemnation order, and the residents of what had become an artistic community began restoring the ancient town. This trend has continued. The town has a thriving artistic community which was described in The New York Times in 2007 as what "may be the grooviest village in Italy, home to a wacky community of about 100 artists, bohemians, aging hippies and New Age types."[3] The love of artists for this place, together with the interest of the inhabitants of nearby Rome, who come here to relax on weekends, has made this village one of the most enchanting and culturally vibrant in central Italy.
The historical centre now includes restaurants, cafes, and art galleries.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:57 pm

sounds good doesnt it Very Happy Im not afraid of heights but, Id rather be an innie than an outie, looks a long drop if you fall over

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:35 am

{{ Looks very much like it needs lots of warning and caution signs for those of us on the buckie! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:28 pm

A safety net ? you could be "boinging" for hours Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33