Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by chris63 Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 am

I'm English. A Yorkshire Man.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 am

Why is it that if you say your a Yorkshire man that its synonymous with cricket scratch
I can think of a better use for a bat.....Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:38 pm

{{This is more Yorkshire, hope it doesn't make you too homesick for mushy peas with lashings of vinegar Chris! Smile }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:14 pm

lol!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 am

Just like being home.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Cute. but wish they had gone through some of those others.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 54524350_606374193120227_172719614432641024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 am

{{ Eye of Stag! }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Laughing

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Gorgeous pic Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Tolkie11

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 pm

I was gonna say that might be a petty style construction, but saw the urban bits down below the clouds.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 pm

wow the colours are unreal, where is it?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 Ischia10

Im sorta reminded of Minas Tirith ? As for my previous pic, I havent the foggiest idea where that is Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:42 pm

{{ what a place to live! Bet when they get a storm its pretty terrifying though pale }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:43 pm

azriel wrote:
Im sorta reminded of Minas Tirith ?  As for my previous pic, I havent the foggiest idea where that is Smile

Then would you mind so much telling us where THIS is? Mad

(I don't think it would be bad in a storm at all, the walls are so high I think I'd feel quite snug.)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:50 pm

hee hee Halfy, sorry ! you do make me laugh Smile
Its ---- Ischia Ponte Island in the Bay of Naples, Italy.
not knowing what the sea weather is like out there I bet it can be scary in a thumping good storm ? Im not keen on angry waves as it is !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Looked it up. You'd think if the inhabitants had any mercantile spirit it would be filled with cafes, wine bars, B&Bs, but all it has is a convent converted to a hotel with a restaurant and cafe. But the prices are reasonable for what you get, and it's a small enough island I can see the hotel claiming the whole island for itself. Plus there's a bridge to a much larger island with plenty of variety on it. Definitely a vacation spot to keep in mind.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:30 pm

it reminds me of a mini Kings Landing. I would love to visit Ischia it has a lot of thermal baths. Google La Mortella Gardens as well, it was made by the composer William Walton. It is a series of botanical gardens are very beautiful.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Talking of gardens, if there is one garden on earth that actually looks so beautiful it looks like a film set, and doesnt seem real, its Ninfa. It reminds me of something you could find in Narnia. Its Cair Paravel without the sea. I love you

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:18 pm

Was the music for Walton's gardens written by Walton?

If you want gardens that don't seem real, try Suzhou, the standard for Chinese gardens:

As usual video has a hard time capturing it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:09 pm

I can imagine Marco Polo and Kublai Khan wandering through that garden.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:24 pm

This was filmed in Ninfa. Its like a pre-Raphaelite painting come to life. Amazing.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:02 am

If a mermaid's not in teh ocean that definitely looks like the place for one!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 32 St_edw10

St Edward’s Church, Stow on the Wold

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next