Unread posts appearing as read

3 posters

Go down

Unread posts appearing as read Empty Unread posts appearing as read

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Anyone else got this problem lately? The moment I click on a topic with unread posts, all the other topics turn white as well (and not orange for unread, like they should). Very annoying, and I'm suspecting it's got something to do with the Hola unblocker app I use for Netflix as that recently deleted a post for me, but I thought I'd hear if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Unread posts appearing as read Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Unread posts appearing as read Empty Re: Unread posts appearing as read

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:34 pm

unread = fall colored maple leaf
read = green elm leaf

Where does white come in?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:53 pm

That white little square box beside the poster's name Smile Green elm leaf or white box, though, it still appears as read when it isn't Mad

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Well I'll be damned...never noticed that little white square before.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Ringo, that sounds right. It does that to me about every week or so, sometimes for several days in a row. I figure it's the script-blocker and the ad-blocker I'm using with my browser messing with whatever cookies are keeping track of my history. It's worth it though. I'm on phone modem dial-up internet. It's so slow that if I couldn't block 90% of the data it would take me several minutes to open each page, if I could open them at all.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:24 pm

David - I'm assuming you don't have cell phone coverage out where you are? If so you could turn the cell into a hotspot and your life would be changed forever.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

That's a possibility in the future. There's a hint of cell phone coverage here, but not something you can rely on. On a good day you get a solid one bar, and if you climb up on the roof you and stand in just the right place you can get amplification from the bounce of the tin roof along side that can give you 4 and up to 5 bars when the stars align.

I'm toying with the idea of an external antenna to some kind of a hotspot, but I'm still hearing about problems with that. So in the mean time the old landline is still my umbilical cord to the interweb. Shrugging

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 pm

I also use adblocker, but been using that for ages (Hola as well), so really can't understand what the problem is. But if it's a result of any of those I guess it's worth it like you say. Hopefully the issue will just go away Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:03 pm

David H wrote:That's a possibility in the future.  There's a hint of cell phone coverage here, but not  something you can rely on. On a good day you get a solid one bar, and if you climb up on the roof you and stand in just the right place you can get amplification from the bounce of the tin roof along side that can give you 4 and up to 5 bars when the stars align.

I'm toying with the idea of an external antenna to some kind of a hotspot, but I'm still hearing about problems with that. So in the mean time the old landline is still my umbilical cord to the interweb. Shrugging

I'm thinking a parabolic cupola to both focus the beam and keep the rain out of the hole you'll cut for the pulley system that will winch your phone into position every time you decide to log on.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:14 pm

halfwise wrote:
I'm thinking a parabolic cupola to both focus the beam and keep the rain out of the hole you'll cut for the pulley system that will winch your phone into position every time you decide to log on.

Have you been looking at my sketchpad? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:15 pm

It's the Hola unblocker app that's causing the problem, tried to switch it off and now it's back to normal. It's easy to switch on and off in the browser, so this was no biggie at all it seems Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down