Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
MrHat
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Hobbit animated - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit animated

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:05 am

Yeah its Hordern- I wanted it to open exactly as the book does, and the first thing you get in the book is the Ring verse- but nowhere in the PJ version is it ever spoken in full, so I just nicked Horderns version (I really wanted to use Tolkiens reading of it, but the sound quality is not good enough on several lines).

ps um should have mentioned its your email I need you to pm me (so I can add you to the list of people with access to the drive)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:16 pm

malickfan wrote:
parzival wrote:I'd love to know more about this script.  Any drafts floating around?  

Sinister only mentioned it the other day as a project he might be tempted to do, I'm not sure if he was serious or not. He is recovering from serious surgery at the moment and has lots of free time on his hands, but the idea has been floated around here from time to time, It could be quite a fun thing to do, maybe even a forum project (Not that I'm volunteering straight away, Jackson may have issues with scripts, but I'd probably be worse...), if you look around the net you'll probably find a few fan scripts.

AS A FUCKING HEART ATTACK

I started some the other evening and it is already better than Jackson's. Basically I'm taking everything I learned doing theater and small stage productions and going from there. I may not have Boyens scriptwriting 101 degree ,that she must wipe her ass with daily, but I have always had a rather large imagination and been looking for a creative output for it. Why not this. Can't be any worse than Peter Jackson steaming pile of shit trilogy

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Go for it Sin. Look forward to you hopefully sharing it with us when you feel its ready.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
malickfan wrote:
parzival wrote:I'd love to know more about this script.  Any drafts floating around?  

Sinister only mentioned it the other day as a project he might be tempted to do, I'm not sure if he was serious or not. He is recovering from serious surgery at the moment and has lots of free time on his hands, but the idea has been floated around here from time to time, It could be quite a fun thing to do, maybe even a forum project (Not that I'm volunteering straight away, Jackson may have issues with scripts, but I'd probably be worse...), if you look around the net you'll probably find a few fan scripts.

AS A FUCKING HEART ATTACK

I started some the other evening and it is already better than Jackson's. Basically I'm taking everything I learned doing theater and small stage productions and going from there. I may not have Boyens scriptwriting 101 degree ,that she must wipe her ass with daily, but I have always had a rather large imagination and been looking for a creative output for it. Why not this. Can't be any worse than Peter Jackson steaming pile of shit  trilogy

Great news!!! As Petty said we look forward to the results! Metal Thumbs Up pub

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm

The Draft I started already takes a different approach and actually starts in a semi modern day England. Possibly a university or personal study of a professor of ancient language and culture. Which ends with the iconic beginning dialog up from Tolkien himself "in a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.... I'm thinking about making the details of the book actually being something found that is as what Tolkien intended an English folklore, as if what my professor is reading is real historical documents. leading him into a story that while fantasy could be real. Once the story of Bilbo's adventure is under way we don't cut back until LOT is finished. But drafts change over time so that is all I'll give away for now

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Sinister71 wrote:

I started some the other evening and it is already better than Jackson's. Basically I'm taking everything I learned doing theater and small stage productions and going from there. I may not have Boyens scriptwriting 101 degree ,that she must wipe her ass with daily, but I have always had a rather large imagination and been looking for a creative output for it. Why not this. Can't be any worse than Peter Jackson steaming pile of shit  trilogy
I wish we could stop with all the toilet-based vocabulary.
I mean, enclosing the Hobbit story within a modern-day Oxford setting and having Tolkien begin reading it sounds like an awful Disney adaptation, so let's not hyperbole the Hobbit trilogy into "steaming pile of shit."

The narration approach is just the opposite of "historical realism" in my mind.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:23 pm

I must admit there is a tiny part of me that was dissapointed this never went further than the first chapter...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:57 am

One needs to be made. I'm waiting for Petty do it. But he's a Scotshobbit and waiting for hi to do it... well, sometime before the Morlocks take over, is unlikely...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 am

Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:16 pm

{{{We Scotshobbits are good at excuses Nod Here for example are the top ten excuses given by Scots to TV License inspectors on the matter of why they do not have a TV license (up to £1000 fine if you don't Mad ) }}

1. “I don’t have to pay as I’m the King of Scotland.”

2. “I was abducted by aliens. As the Government don’t believe me, I’m refusing to pay my bills.”

3. “I have no television. It’s a microwave.”

4. “I only use the TV at night. I put the goldfish bowl in front of it at night. It helps the fish get to sleep.”

5. “The TV is only on for my parrot, Captain Jack Sparrow, who is learning the theme tune to Bargain Hunt.”

6. “I sent my man to the Co-op two months ago and he got done for shoplifting. I have not seen him since. He gets out next month, so I can pay it then.”

7. “I have a black-and-white licence. I only turn the colour on when my granddaughter comes and puts the music channels on.”

8. “Our pet turtle Betty turns 80 this December – do we get her free TV licence?”

9. “My cat is in labour, so I don’t have time to talk to you.”

10. “I don’t need a licence because I’m getting evicted for stabbing a guy in the head.”

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{We Scotshobbits are good at excuses Nod Here for example are the top ten excuses given by Scots to TV License inspectors on the matter of why they do not have a TV license (up to £1000 fine if you don't  Mad ) }}

10. “I don’t need a licence because I’m getting evicted for stabbing a guy in the head.”

If I were a license inspector, I think I might have to accept that one... pale

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Wait, you need a license to have a TV in scotland? What on earth could be the reason for that? It's like needing a license for a microwave oven.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{We Scotshobbits are good at excuses Nod Here for example are the top ten excuses given by Scots to TV License inspectors on the matter of why they do not have a TV license (up to £1000 fine if you don't  Mad ) }}

1. “I don’t have to pay as I’m the King of Scotland.”

2. “I was abducted by aliens. As the Government don’t believe me, I’m refusing to pay my bills.”

3. “I have no television. It’s a microwave.”

4. “I only use the TV at night. I put the goldfish bowl in front of it at night. It helps the fish get to sleep.”

5. “The TV is only on for my parrot, Captain Jack Sparrow, who is learning the theme tune to Bargain Hunt.”

6. “I sent my man to the Co-op two months ago and he got done for shoplifting. I have not seen him since. He gets out next month, so I can pay it then.”

7. “I have a black-and-white licence. I only turn the colour on when my granddaughter comes and puts the music channels on.”

8. “Our pet turtle Betty turns 80 this December – do we get her free TV licence?”

9. “My cat is in labour, so I don’t have time to talk to you.”

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:43 pm

{{You need a license across the whole UK- even if you don't actually own a tv and just watch stuff on catch up services on your laptop or pc. Its currently £145 per year. It pays for all the BBC output on tv, web and radio.
Its the backbone of how the BBC is funded as a national broadcaster- by its viewing audience through an enforced license (non payment can carry a fine up to £1000). A lot of folk obviously think the license should go- but they are a lot less keen on the thought of advertising on the BBC either to replace it. And as the majority of viewers are happy with the BBC output, it regularly has programs which top the viewing figures, its unlikely to change in the near future at least. And if you compare what you get for the 149 quid to say a private rival like SKY then you get a lot for you money- 149 quid a year for all the BBC output, compared to £79 per month for the entire SKY output bundle (£948 per year)- though you will get more with Sky in terms of live sport and new films, but far less in radio and web content, and the SKY package includes your broadband connnection the BBC license does not}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Ah, now it makes more sense. Here the public television and radio has to hold regular fundraisers to keep going, and membership is optional. For the quality produced 145 pounds is a good deal.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{You need a license across the whole UK- even if you don't actually own a tv and just watch stuff on catch up services on your laptop or pc. Its currently £145 per year. It pays for all the BBC output on tv, web and radio.
Its the backbone of how the BBC is funded as a national broadcaster- by its viewing audience through an enforced license (non payment can carry a fine up to £1000). A lot of folk obviously think the license should go- but they are a lot less keen on the thought of advertising on the BBC either to replace it. And as the majority of viewers are happy with the BBC output, it regularly has programs which top the viewing figures, its unlikely to change in the near future at least. And if you compare what you get for the 149 quid to say a private rival like SKY then you get a lot for you money- 149 quid a year for all the BBC output, compared to £79 per month for the entire SKY output bundle (£948 per year)- though you will get more with Sky in terms of live sport and new films, but far less in radio and web content, and the SKY package includes your broadband connnection the BBC license does not}}}

We have the same system in Norway (our equivalent to BBC is NRK), and some are happy with, others not at all. Personally I'm growing more and more pissed at the whole damn license thing because the quality of what they actually broadcast has (in my opinion) deteriorated drastically. "Slow-TV" was fun the first time, not so much when they starting showing "Nation Fireplace Night" or "National Knitting Night" and what have you. There's also an increasingly large number of ridiculous and terrible "talk shows" like "In the elevator with [Insert random celebrity]", "in the couch with" or "in the back seat with" and all these song contests are starting to get on my nerve. And that's only to name a few shitty ideas they've gotten into their heads the past few years, I could go on. Norwegian productions don't really hold up against BBC productions - if they did, I wouldn't mind.

The Hobbit animated - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi Ringo. Wave

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:09 am

Laughing Razz

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:04 am

Loved it Razz  They must have so much fun & giggles making these p**s takes Smile Out of it all, I'm glad they got Leggy's L'Oréal hair flick Smile

The Hobbit animated - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Hobbit animated - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:42 pm

they got his voice right too! Razz

it was very well made. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:02 am

The Hobbit made in Pixel or what ever its called would be good. Love all the new animation movies that are coming out.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaki125 Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:55 pm

I wish the facial animation was a little more...animated, but I suppose it could be either for stylistic or efficiency reasons. It will be fun to watch the story unfold episodically. Very Happy
there are many http://www.freeallmovies.co/watch-dont-breathe-online-free like that.

Zaki125

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Erm, is this some kind of meta-spam? Why the link?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Yep, that link prevents me from voicing a whole-hearted welcome.

And yet...how'd I miss the dancing orcs? :carrot:

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:49 pm

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: dancing orcs rock! Metal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:58 am

ROCKING orcs DANCE!!   Metal

Apparently.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next