Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
malickfan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Empty New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm

http://www.cosmiccreations.nl/thehobbit

As a huge fan of the 80's Comic Adaptation this looks like it could very promising (and perhaps, more faifhful to the book).

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Empty Re: New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks for the link Malick- Ill be keeping an eye on this one. Has promise.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Empty Re: New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 pm

We already have a thread for this one, actually, but I'm not sure what it's called. I'm looking forward to it as well, I really liked the trailer/preview, and the animations. It has to turn out better than Jackson's films have so far. The dwarfs even look like dwarfs, and that's a start Smile

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 pm

I recall having heard about this before, but not every fan film that gets announced actually makes it through production (especially not one involving animation), so it's cool that they've made so much progress. Very Happy I'll try to remember to give the first "chapter" a watch when it comes out.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Here it is: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t879-the-hobbit-animated-coming-2014 Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Cybermen___delete___campaign_by_degaspiv-d33hjoa

<delete>

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

WHOO HOOO!!! gotta be better than Jackson's version

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Sinister71 wrote:WHOO HOOO!!! gotta be better than Jackson's version

Have you read the Graphic Novel at all? It's a perfect adaptation imo It's very close to the book (and the style of animation of this actually) and it's where my Avatar comes from

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:They're.. Swedish or something it would seem.
Will all the characters have the strange accent that "Thorin" has in the teaser trailer? Or will it be in Swedish or whatever with subtitles?

I'm guessing Dutch, based on the .nl in their website. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:10 pm

I wonder if this will actually end up getting much publicity? I stumbled across the website by accident, and much like the Tolkien Biopics there seems to be little or no interest/knowledge on many Tolkien forums.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Well we can do our bit and big it up here if its good. Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Well the Tolkien biopics are still a long way's off from being released, if they ever are. Fan films have a much weaker position that they have to start from in terms of marketing. The people behind The Hunt for Gollum and Born of Hope were really savvy in getting the word out, but they had the benefit of a similar visual style of LOTR and the absence of any new Middle-earth movies for five or six years beforehand.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:31 am

slap laugh LOVE IT!!!!! slap laugh

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:50 am

lol!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:58 am

Its a much truer vision of the hobbit than Peter Jackson's thats for sure slap laugh

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:55 am

Oh man, this channel is great. Laughing

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:27 am

Laughing Those were great. Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 am

Sinister71 wrote:

slap laugh  LOVE IT!!!!! slap laugh

Loved it also !! just went to quick, could have watched more of that Razz shows up even more the shat peejers has given us. Mad

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:10 am

Brilliant Eldo Very Happy absolutely loved it ! Helms Deep was a cracker lol!

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Hilarious stuff, Eldo, thanks for posting those Very Happy Love Voldemort's guest appearance at Helm's Deep slap laugh

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Great stuff Eldo

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:27 pm

I just happened to look through their related videos. They've got even more LOTR ones. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Not sure how much I'd go in for an alternative ending, but that ones not too bad. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHat Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:48 am

Chapter 1 is out!

you can see it here:

http://vimeo.com/112708326

its interesting, abit awkward, but fun

MrHat
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:22 am

Reposting my comment from the other thread:

You're right, it is a little awkward! I wish the facial animation was a little more...animated, but I suppose it could be either for stylistic or efficiency reasons. It will be fun to watch the story unfold episodically. Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next