David H
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Norc
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does the road go ever on and on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does the road go ever on and on?

Post by Norc Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 am

i'm always that little rabbit who stops and stares into the front lights..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Does the road go ever on and on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does the road go ever on and on?

Post by David H Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Norc wrote:i'm always that little rabbit who stops and stares into the front lights..

In that case I have a word of advice for you---

affraid DUCK! affraid

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:21 pm

The road doesn't go anywhere, it usually lies completely still unless it's been taken by an avalanche or flood or something. You're the one doing the walking.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:33 pm

not unless it's those airport-roads..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:34 pm

Air-port roads? Like those flat walking conveyor belts? Perhaps Bilbo had something like that in mind, for he does say that the road is going off on its own.

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,"

I think Petty might be right about the roads. They do go ever on and on, but we don't. Of course, that only goes for our mortal earth-roads. There are other worlds than these...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2