malickfan
chris63
Bluebottle
17 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sherlock - BBC [4]

Post by Norc Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:16 pm

ok. take me as a reliable source. mark gatiss said in an interview that it is unlikely we'll get anymore sherlock until 2016.

if anyone know of any good hibernating techniques, please share. or time travel..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Last I heard the BBC wanted a xmas special for this year.  scratch 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Norc wrote:ok. take me as a reliable source. mark gatiss said in an interview that it is unlikely we'll get anymore sherlock until 2016.

boo this man

I thought they said they were trying to have a shorter gap this time?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Me too- and Moffat will be free from the end of Summer/Autumn as all the Who should be finished filming by then and be ready for broadcast.

Maybe its getting the actors is the problem  Shrugging 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:40 pm

getting the actors has always been the problem, especially lately..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:49 pm

dont tell me Jackson is doing Hobbit 4
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:38 pm

well, they don't just do the hobbit..
see Martin Freeman has a lot to do
and Benedict Cumberbatch sure as f**king hell has a lot coming up
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 pm

here's the source btw http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/gatiss-no-more-sherlock-until-2016-1
[size=11.818181991577148]Mark Gatiss has confirmed Sherlock is unlikely return until 2016 because of the busy schedules of its stars.
[/size][size=11.818181991577148]The co-creator of the hit BBC TV drama - who also stars as Sherlock's brother Mycroft - told the Metro it will take two years to get the fourth series made, as Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are so in demand.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]Mark said: "Everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules - particularly Benedict and Martin.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]"They've become superstars, which is brilliant, but we all want to carry on as long as we can.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]"There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course."[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]Writer and actor Mark admitted Benedict, 37, had managed to turn the character of eccentric detective Sherlock into a sex symbol.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]He said: "Sometimes the right man and the right part comes along and they fuse.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]"I think there is something about Sherlock Holmes, which has possibly always been the case - there's a kind of unapproachability about him. He's not interested in sex... apparently. So you immediately get that Mr Darcy thing going on.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]"He can't be tamed. It's attractive. Those are the people we are attracted to - the ones that aren't interested.[/size]
[size=11.818181991577148]"I think it's that and the combination of the Byronic looks that Benedict has - and the coat! - that's made him into, possibly, the first sexy Sherlock Holmes."[/size]
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:54 pm

Maybe they're going for another January 1 premiere. So long as it's not a longer gap than between series two and three I guess it's not so bad. Shrugging This is kind of what I expected before the announcement that they were trying to hurry things, anyway.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Something I had wondered about in Sherlock which has become a feature of it- his Mind Palace- has always sort of nagged at me a bit. I couldn't place where it came from, it didn't seem like a 19th Century notion and I couldn't think where in the original stories it came from, and I had put it down to a modern injection into the tales. An invention of Moffat and Gatiss.

But last night I was rereading A Study in Scarlet and when Watson finds out Holmes seem to know very little about certain things, and is astonished to find that Holmes does not know the earth goes round the sun Holmes goes into an explanation of what he calls the 'brain attic'- saying 'I consider that a man's brain originally is like an empty attic. And you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands on it. Now the skilful worker is very careful indeed about what he takes in to his brain attic. He will have nothing but the tools he needs to do his work, but it means he will have a large assortment all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every bit of new knowledge you forget something you knew before."

I do believe this passage on the 'Brain attic' is where Sherlock gets its Mind Palace concept from.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:17 pm

yeah, it is also a memory technique, although there is some debate on whether or not it works .

another reference in the modern sherlock, is that he says basically about the attic, although he calls his brain a hard drive.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeah, I remember that part from the book.  Nod 

I always liked the concept, though I'm not sure I believe it's really true that you clog your mind up with unecessary information.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Norc wrote:here's the source btw http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/gatiss-no-more-sherlock-until-2016-1
Mark Gatiss has confirmed Sherlock is unlikely return until 2016 because of the busy schedules of its stars.
The co-creator of the hit BBC TV drama - who also stars as Sherlock's brother Mycroft - told the Metro it will take two years to get the fourth series made, as Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are so in demand.
Mark said: "Everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules - particularly Benedict and Martin.
"They've become superstars, which is brilliant, but we all want to carry on as long as we can.
"There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course."

I always find it easier when reading these articles to look away from the headline and journalist blurb.

I can't really see him saying it will deifintely be 2016. The way i read it he says;

He noticed there was some shock and consternation when people heard it was possible Sherlock wouldn't be back until 2016, but that's how long it normally takes. They would like to get back as soon as possible, but Martin and Benedicts scheduels are a problem.  

So while it makes 2016 a more likely possibility, I feel it still only comes across as a possibility. That's how I read it, at least.   Shrugging 

And I still love this Sue Vertue quote from earlier:  Very Happy 

They want to do more. It’s just trying to get everyone free, at the same time. That’s just what I’m doing now. Benedict said, “I’m free in February,” and I said, “But, we haven’t got a script!” I’m working on it.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:08 pm

yeah, i got my fingers crossed Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Something I had wondered about in Sherlock which has become a feature of it- his Mind Palace- has always sort of nagged at me a bit. I couldn't place where it came from, it didn't seem like a 19th Century notion and I couldn't think where in the original stories it came from, and I had put it down to a modern injection into the tales. An invention of Moffat and Gatiss.

But last night I was rereading A Study in Scarlet and when Watson finds out Holmes seem to know very little about certain things, and is astonished to find that Holmes does not know the earth goes round the sun Holmes goes into an explanation of what he calls the 'brain attic'- saying 'I consider that a man's brain originally is like an empty attic. And you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands on it. Now the skilful worker is very careful indeed about what he takes in to his brain attic. He will have nothing but the tools he needs to do his work, but it means he will have a large assortment all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every bit of new knowledge you forget something you knew before."

I do believe this passage on the 'Brain attic' is where Sherlock gets its Mind Palace concept from.

The mind palace is actually an ancient memory technique known as the "method of loci" going back to the Greeks: you imagine yourself walking through a palace, with different locations having items grouped in ways to help you remember them. A series of things to be remembered are remembered as things you see on a walk through your mind palace.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Norc wrote:yeah, i got my fingers crossed Smile

Yeah, me too.  Nod 

I love that quote by Benedict; "I'm free in February." Laughing  It's almost so I wish they had thrown everything together in half a month, because that kind of enthusiasm should be rewarded.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 pm

yeah, he's adorable Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 pm

John walking in wearing his old uniform bein like “it doesn’t fit like it used to” and Sherlock being like
Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Tumblr_mzxmf2P6mC1s2ra4jo1_250
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Sherlock

Sherlock parody. In English.

Worth a snicker or two. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:11 pm

wot that?  Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Amarië wrote:Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Sherlock

Sherlock parody. In English.

Worth a snicker or two. Smile
omg YES! i saw the trailer :Di love that they finally did that as they keep saying Bjarte (that's his name right?) looks like martin freeman Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm

And that wig on Vidar is perfect. Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:43 pm

i saw it. and i loved it. it's fucking brilliant!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:wot that?  Shocked 
I dont know ? I thought it was funny  Laughing but a bit "what the"  Shocked but still funny !

Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Sherlock - BBC [4] - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 am

yeah, Amarië (didn't see ur reply earlier) the wig is actually perfect! that looks like benedict's hair Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next