Bluebottle
Eldorion
Forest Shepherd
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Empty Re: There and Back Again

Post by Radaghast Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Huh—don't remember the cartoon killing off six of the dwarves.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Why anyone would still expect to get Tolkiens dialogue for Thorin at the end is beyond me. The Coven dont like Tolkien dialogue.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:30 pm

But we know that there will be the exchange between the two and it should at least cover what the original dialogue is, but not verbatim. I'm just saying that the entire message of the book is lost already and it will seem extremely hollow and shallow if they try to bring it back at the end.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:31 pm

In the movie, Thorin will probably kick the shit out of Bilbo and then actually throw him off the gate.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

There and Back Again  - Page 4 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:32 pm

Just in time to be rescued by an eagle.  :facepalm: 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Exactly Very Happy

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:04 am

Thorin kills Fili and Kili in the midst of his dragon rage, Bolg is squashed by Bombur rolling down the hill, Azog is beheaded by Bilbo, Smaug is ressurected by the necromancer before being killed again by Tauriel, Bard and Legolas going Tag Team whilst Dain has his scenes deleted and A eagle is crowned king under the mountain before carrying Bilbo all the way back to the shire.

And Jackson will say it was all in the appendices.

Who knows, at this point nothing would surprise me.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:07 am

Then Thorin buries the Arkenstone in his own skull before he dies, Diablo style.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:15 am

Then Radagast finally goes nuts under the influence of all the pipe weed, digs up the Arkenstone and flees into Not-all-that-Mirky-and-apparently-rather-small-Wood raising an army of undead bunnies, paving the way for a spin off trilogy where a young Aragorn and Tauriel team up fighting rabbits and their own mutual attraction as they bring the beloved and deatailed appendices to life in 96 frames a second 4d scream-o-vision.

Or something like that  Banghead Extremely Crabbit 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:17 am

The Dark Lord of Rhasgobel.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

lol! lol! your the one Malick  Very Happy 

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:11 pm

It certainly doesn't sound worse than a lot of new original modern fantasy films.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 pm

The Hobbit part 3: Electric Boogaloo.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 am

Are there going to be many new faces in the third film? And if so, whom?

All I can find on IMDB are a probably-incorrect Bret McKenzie return, some boring-looking randoms, and, of course, Billy Connoly's Dain.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:38 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:The Hobbit part 3: Electric Boogaloo.

That only works with Part 2, otherwise it wouldn't rhyme. I'd like to recommend "The Hobbit Part 3: Electric Travesty". Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 am

I know that at some point Thrandypants shows up in laketown, fighting orcs (saw that in a vlog) so more elves vs. orcs. Ugh. Also, the look on Tauriel,s face when the dragon was coming said it all; she looked confused and her expression read "why am I here? I'm not supposed to be here!" So she'll probably kill Smaug because feminine energy and Bard will crown her queen of dale. She and kili get married, kill Thorin and fili, then rule as a tag team. Meanwhile bilbo flies an eagle to mordor and destroys the ring because at this point he knows it's evil and so does Gandalf!!

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:28 am

On a more serious note, there is the bit where bilbo says "the eagles are coming!" Much like Pippin does in ROTK. Are they going to keep that? Or remove it because it's too much like LOTR?

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:14 am

Well about half of the TH films so far seems to consist of recreating scenes from LotR's and redoing them even worse and in a manner which which will ruin the originals.

So I think they will leap on the chance to use something thats actually mentioned in both books.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:07 am

Tinuviel wrote:On a more serious note, there is the bit where bilbo says "the eagles are coming!" Much like Pippin does in ROTK. Are they going to keep that? Or remove it because it's too much like LOTR?
haha, oh my, ha. The IRONY. TOO much.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 am

I know. Remember before these movies were out? I do. I remember thinking about how with two whole films they couldn't possibly leave anything out and all the minor blemishes (naive young child) would mostly be the result of additions that would probably be cut out in a fan edit or something.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 am

And then they just rewrote the entier thing instead? Yeah, I get that.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:35 am

I remember us all speculating RA, & I dont think, or remember, any of us cooking up the biggest load of bollocks I witnessed when I DID see DoS ! (& I havnt seen it at the cinema either Blue) Oh how we underestimated PJ & The Witches of Eastwick !! I know I did, I expected a film that at least resembled The Hobbit, Oh how dumbfuck !  slap laugh  And now, here we are pulling our hair out ! Or twiddling with yer sporran, or whatever gets you going. Mad 

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

There and Back Again  - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:33 pm

I think it would have been a stretch for anyone to speculate as to just how wholesale the changes would turn out. Actually, it's a stretch for me that they are still calling it the Hobbit.  Laughing 

Martin Freeman keeps saying "It's called the Hobbit. I'm the Hobbit." Well, why have your role just about been relegated to a supporting character then Martin?  Rolling Eyes 

Thank you for that Azriel.  Smile  I'll get around to it. I kind of feel a bit obliged as I've been on here for two months now talking to you guys the movie. I think I'll force my brother to see it with me.  Laughing  He disliked AUJ, but he was a bit interested in seeing DoS in 3D.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:43 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

From capitalizing on violence and making it humorous and praise-worthy, and creating three blockbuster films out of one small children's book, Thorin's final words to Bilbo will ring hollow.

Honestly I hope they do kill off more than just the three who die in the book. Been saying that since the films came out. I really think we could stand to lose more dwarfs. Besides none of them are heard from again in Jackson's LOTR. Personally I liked that they lost half their numbers in the cartoon. It says something about war and that it isn't just something where all the good guys live on. It says because of war there is death all around. But in Jackson's world there really aren't any consequences, and none of the good guys get hurt. I mean really one major injury out of two films after all that falling and tumbling down cliff faces. Getting fallen on by stone giants, constantly fighting orc at every turn... And not one freeking injury? REALLY? I say kill of Bifur (hell he's half dead with that stupid axe in his forehead anyways), Bombur (he hasn't said a damn word throughout the whole trilogy anyways), Kili and Fili just because they are supposed to, Thorin because he has to die so Dain can be made king, and Kill off Nori, Because that hair-do deserves death. 6 dead dwarfs would be enough for me.  pirat

I mean really the only ones who need to live are Ori, and Balin. Since they are the only two that show up (well not really but we know the lore) in LOTR
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:45 pm

I agree, Sin. Even in the book, if they lost a dwarf or two in Mirkwood or if Smaug managed to kill the ones who were left on ground level, the story would have had more gravitas. But perhaps Tolkien didn't want the book to be too grim until the end of the book.
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next