Pettytyrant101
Gandalf's Beard
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm Back Empty I'm Back

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:51 am

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm gone a little while (a Wizard is never late) and the whole landscape has changed! I can't find me bloody way around. Mad Mad Mad

(But this looks as good a place as any to make a Grand Entrance).

Sorry it was so long. Embarassed But I lost my internet connection and going to the library was fine for paying a bill or checking emails, but rubbish for spending time on forums. Anyway, apparently a neighbor has recently installed an unsecured wireless network so I'm hitchhiking, stowing away if you will.

A WHOLE sub-forum for big bad serious things. cheers This calls for some serious emoticonning. Very Happy

I'm Back Wave1 I'm Back Bounce016 I'm Back Cheerleader5 I'm Back Cat2 I'm Back Pyth

I've been a bit busy "occupying" locally too, so you KNOW I'll have some heavy stuff to talk about. Wink But I've also been catching up the last few weeks on Hobbit movie news, so I may have some (rather lovely) things to say about Jackson's work so far (that 3D concept art in one of the most recent vidblogs was pretty cool. Cool Lucky I still had a few red and blue 3D glasses around).

Petty, if I remember correctly, we still have some unfinished business regarding 9/11 to finish up Razz (but there's too much other stuff to talk about, so don't expect me to dwell there too long). And I believe Eldo could probably use a good nose-tweaking so his head doesn't swell up too much (cheers Eldo Very Happy ). And I can't wait to wax Whimsical with Odo / Wisey / the rest of the Banks Clan (and the gloomy chap) who all reside in Odo's fevered brain I'm Back Mooning (you knew THAT was coming didn't you... Wink ).

Well, I think I'll call it a night...but maybe a quick browse around the new and improved forum (Fantastic Job Eldo I'm Back Clapping) before I go to sleep.

See you lot around the forum.

GB

Last edited by Gandalf's Beard on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

I'm Back Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

I'm Back Empty Re: I'm Back

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:56 am

cheers GB you've returned to us- I can finally set you right on so many things!! 9/11 among them! Wink Its fantastic to have you back. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Hah! Set me straight aboot 9/11 will yeh??? We'll see aboot that laddie. And you with your toony V for Vendetta Avatar too Rolling Eyes . You'd think it would actually mean something. Razz

(Oi, this is fun... Very Happy)

Anyway, don't distract me. I'm going to have a jolly good look around and post on some other topics before we get back to that. And I'm sleepy Sleep , so you'll have to wait til the morrow to have a good Crabbit-Off.

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

I'm Back Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Gandalf's Beard wrote:so I may have some (rather lovely) things to say about Jackson's work so far (that 3D concept art in one of the most recent vidblogs was pretty cool.

The leading star of the Tolkien Liberals has returned Very Happy Welcome back, GB, it really is great to have you back Very Happy

I'm Back Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

What an awesome surprise! Very Happy Welcome back, GB, it's good to see you around again. cheers I'm glad you like the redesigned forum. I hope you're able to stick around. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 pm

BTW, GB, I was looking back and I noticed you stopped being active in mid-July. Did you ever get a chance to see the last Harry Potter movie, which came out at that time? It was pretty awesome but I'll try to refrain from spoilers in case you haven't. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:50 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Hello GB!
Good to have you back!

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Hurrah! I've done my best to help maintain the rage on the Big Serious Stuff during your absence, but really, that is the area for the likes of know-it-alls like you and Petty, GB. (Frankly, you can have Petty back - he can be such a tedious individual at times - even if in a nice way Very Happy ). And you can have Kafria too - serious thoughtful lady, but I have her in mind for more fun things. We can share her, after a fashion. cheers As to the rest of the Forumshire folk, do as you wish with them; they're easy that way, as you know (barring leelee, of course, who doesn't go in for certain things, by all acounts).

{{{Who's the "gloomy" chap you refer to btw? Don't think I know him! Or, at least, I BETTER NOT! Banghead }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Tedious! Tedious! Ouch! The thanks I get for trying to keep things going around here when its quiet, its enough to drive a hobbit to buckie (which obviously in my case means I don't have far to drive).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:17 pm

HOORAH! You are back GB! You are the face of forumshire, always have been! Glad to see you've found a way back! And imo your amazing use of smilies make all posts by Petty and Odo tedious!

So just yay! in general then I guess!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 am

GB!!!!!!!!!!
You're Back!!!!!!!!!! I'd kiss you, but I wouldn't want Beren to kill you, so... I guess a hug will do!!!!!!! cheers

I'm Back Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:54 am

Kiss him, Tin! Pleeeeease kiss him! Nod

Tedious, Ally? Tedious, my little Sparkle? Rolling Eyes Oh well... you I can forgive almost anything... Very Happy

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 am

Hmmmm....

There's something shifty going on here

Or as others would say: J'espère que ce n'est pas ce que je pense!

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:31 am

I'm detecting a notable lack of posting for someone who is supposedly back. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:56 am

I was thinking much the same thing- running scared of course from my cutting arguments thats what it is. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 am

...or busy reading the enormous threads full of nonsense!

I'm Back Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:03 am

Perhaps whoever's internet connection he was hitchhiking on found out. I hope he's alright.

As to "...or busy reading the enormous threads full of nonsense!" You might be right Tinuviel. I am trying in a small way to get some more serious discussion going here and there. Not that I mind the silliness. I don't think this forum would be anywhere near as enticing if it got too heavy or stodgy. Very Happy
Anne
Anne
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I so hoped, but did not expect, you to return dearest one. As for the bit at the bottom of your post where you have a,well you said 'you expected that' well I can honestly say never ever ever no, did I expect that. But I expect your hardships and wanderings have somehow addled the social part of your magnificent brain. Sad
Oh please don't bother arguing with Petty about 911. He said he is always dreadfully drunk on that horrid buckie, so really even he doesn't understand what he is saying. It is a waste of time.
Eldo always does a keen immaculate perfect job whatever he does, period.
And Orwell, have you ever actually asked that beautiful lady if she wished your attentions or the returning wizard's attentions that you could make such a statement about sharing?
I thought you were a dear gentleman, so I am confused.
I wonder if anyone has a palantir hanging about that we might gaze through it to see where everyone else is and will they return.Why does no one ever ask where is Pretty, what happened to her, she used to have plenty to say, I rather miss her.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:46 pm

He said he is back but yet he is not back, is he teazing, is he hiding, those wizards have mysterious ways, we havent been formally introduced, and I thinks its a bit rude what with all the fanfare and bottom mooning, and then nowt. A gentleman shouldnt introduce himself and then withdraw unexpected like, its very disconcerting.

affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 am

leelee wrote:Eldo always does a keen immaculate perfect job whatever he does, period.

afro
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:34 am

"A gentleman shouldnt introduce himself and then withdraw unexpected like, its very disconcerting."- Mrs Figgs

A Scotshobbit would never do that Mrs Figg, introduce himself then fall drunkenly on you yes but never would a Scotshobit be so unpolite as to unexpectedly withdraw and leave you diconcerted. I think you have been spending to much time around the Bankses Mrs Figg!

As to ole GB- I am sure he will return in his own time, when life has stopped repeatedly kicking him whilst he's down. I hope thats sooner rater than later.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm

can we have the mooning emoticon then, I like it lots. its a shame this G.B is not around maybe he can protect me from being pushed down a mineshaft by a certain member of the Banks family. sheeesh!

pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 pm

hes still not back then Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 am

Mrs Figg wrote:He said he is back but yet he is not back, is he teazing, is he hiding, those wizards have mysterious ways, we havent been formally introduced, and I thinks its a bit rude what with all the fanfare and bottom mooning, and then nowt. A gentleman shouldnt introduce himself and then withdraw unexpected like, its very disconcerting. affraid

Aha! But are not some wizards quick about their business, and even quicker to retire, Mrs Figg? cyclops

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:44 am

Oh Mrs Figg, you must not worry. Wisey is tied up at the moment and won't be bothering anyone until I free him from his .... err... domestic entanglement... Now, I think it would be good for us to meet and discuss things, woman to woman. Why not meet me for a picnic at the Glittering Caves? (The Needlehole one, and not the other one. You know, the one up behind Blackguard Hill. You must ask for directions at the Needlehole Bakery if need be). Some call the Glittering Caves a mine. A mine! Laughing No, no, you must think of it as a place of deep and glittering beauty. I've resolved many my personal problems there. Very Happy I'll bring cucumber sandwiches. Very Happy
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next