Love it when younger generation goes Retro

2 posters

Go down

Love it when younger generation goes Retro Empty Love it when younger generation goes Retro

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Despite Miley Cyrus I still have faith in the younger generation.  They really prove their potential when restoring past art forms to their former glory, as Ariana Grande does with motown.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with Klezmer.  I consider it one of the great musical art forms of history, grown in the New York lower east side as a fusion of eastern european folk and jazz.  Incredible art form, yet it almost disappeared when the second generation of Jewish immigrants to america turned their back on their heritage.  It was left to their kids to dig up the old albums from their parents attics, listen, be spellbound, and bring it back to life starting in the 1970s.

BTW Eldo, the second one is an example of what rap could have become if any effort was put into the craft. Wink

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Love it when younger generation goes Retro Empty Re: Love it when younger generation goes Retro

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm

I can only half appreciate that because I can't understand the words, but it sounded like a fun song. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down