Mrs Figg
Ally
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Orwell
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK Empty I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 am

I really love the Wizard of Oz (movie). Doesn't everyone? But you're not going to believe it, Forumshirers, some guy from Bree - who I shan't name to save his dignity - says he hates it. Shocked

As best as I can tell, he has heaps of reasons why the Books are Great and the movie is s*^t, he even said he "ranted" about it --- but he's too polite to post the rant here! What! Does he think we're shrinking violets or something!? Mad Too scared to face a fierce rebuttal - that's the real reason! Nod

(These Bree-Landers are nice enough, can't be denied, but they don't have much ticker in my opinion Rolling Eyes - exceptin' that orrid Mrs Figg, of course! Shocked )

Last edited by Orwell on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK Empty Re: I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 am

I saw the film once when I was a little kid but I didn't care for it. Haven't read the book so I can't comment on that though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK Empty Re: I LOVE WIZARD OF OZ - SHAME ABOUT THE BOOK

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 am

So what you're saying, Eldo, is that any opinion you have will be worthless? Why bother posting at all? Rolling Eyes

I warn you, Eldo, I have a feeling this will be no thread for the faint hearted, the wishy washy, or the flipfloppy - or ladies neither. Something as important as the Wizard of Oz movie needs mature masculine discussion, I feel.

Clear the decks! Clear the decks! Clear the decks, I say!

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am

Will you having a deep masculine discussion about red ruby slippers too? Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 am

What do you think I am - gay? Of course, there will. Rolling Eyes They're Dorothy's Ruby Slippers -- ooh... Dorothy.... I love you

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:50 am

Being a purist I'm still upset that they replaced the silver shoes with ruby slippers...doncha hate it when adaptations don't stick to the original source?

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:01 pm

well Orwell I WAS going to say the Wizard of OZ was my favorite film until you called me orrible. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Ally wrote:Being a purist I'm still upset that they replaced the silver shoes with ruby slippers...doncha hate it when adaptations don't stick to the original source?

Could not agree more - though an open minded person will detect exceptions to the rule every now and then, Ally. Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:well Orwell I WAS going to say the Wizard of OZ was my favorite film until you called me orrible. Suspect

I meant in a saucy (and slightly repugnant) way, Mrs Figg. It was compliment, after a fashion, you being from Bree and all... Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 pm

What is it about Forumshire that seems to ensure that when I open a Thread for mature male conversation, the first two responses come from Lady hobbits? Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Oi the first comments on this thread are from Eldo and I!! Suspect

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Oi the first comments on this thread are from Eldo and I!! Suspect

Nuff said me thinks! Wink

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Laughing Good one, Centurion... Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Extremely Crabbit

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:38 pm

oooh look - we made Petty explode!

(Squach says 'high five!')

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Mind you, who is Kafria actually insulting? Very Happy

{{{Ha ha! Slam bam! Petty, I showed the Old Grey Mare didn't I! Evil or Very Mad Have to get up pretty early in the day to out-witty me... hee hee hee... Suspect It just occurred to me that Kafria may have insulted you, Eldo and herself! What perfect symmetry! Shocked }}}

{{{Skwaych should be in bed by now, shouldn't she? Suspect }}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Don't you mean Daisy? Yes, Daisy should be in bed but I Squach - (note the spelling - it's not like it's written plainly to the right of the screen in big letters) should not. (I hope)

Evil or Very Mad

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm

{{{No Odo. I am pretty sure you insulted me and Eldo, and probably Kafria somewhere done the line and definetly Squach!! Extremely Crabbit }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Odo's spelling does give us a fix though, Squach. When I see "Squach"now I don't think "Squatch" anymore, but "Skwaych". In a way, Odo is providing a public service, Eru bless him. Smile

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Yay we made him explode again! Surprised

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 pm

{{{

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{No Odo. I am pretty sure you insulted me and Eldo, and probably Kafria somewhere done the line and definetly Squach!! Extremely Crabbit }}}

Of fiddlydiddly, Mr Tyrant... you guys did it all yourselves... Rolling Eyes }}}

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 pm

"Yay we made him explode again!"- Squach.

That was an encrytped crabbit explosion Squach! How did you see that? Is your mother letting you use her Mayoral powers?! Evil or Very Mad ELDO!!!!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Squach wrote:Yay we made him explode again! Surprised

Since when can you read private encrypted messages from Mr Tyrant to me, young Daisy Skwaych? Suspect

My goodness gracious me...--- well, banana me in a bathtub come Tuesday!!! Shocked

Kafria!!! Banghead Don't tell me you let your daughter read private encrypted messages? Shocked Shocked

Is there no end to your Mayoral abuse of Power? Extremely Crabbit }}}

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 pm

I noticed too! Shocked Disgraceful... Impeachment is too good for that Woman. Kafria, you have brought dishonour to the Mayoral Office... Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Odo I beleive the time has come to ask if I can join your top secret nobody knows about Council to deal with this sort of thing once and for all.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next