Mrs Figg
malickfan
RA
bungobaggins
Eldorion
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Empty Re: Tolkien biopic reportedly in development

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

If you havent seen the final series of Blackader you deserve nothing Eldo! Mad Go watch immediately!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Empty Re: Tolkien biopic reportedly in development

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Blackadder_4_captain_darling_zps8e59c06e

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If you havent seen the final series of Blackader you deserve nothing Eldo! Mad Go watch immediately!
I haven't seen any season of Blackadder! Moon

Fake edit: I see what you mean about this guy, though. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 pm

nah.
Young Tolkien Toby Stephens ala 'Photographing Fairies' film. That was a great film btw.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:32 am

Actually I think it was this movie with Benedict Cumberbatch Norc was watching on fjordlandian television on saturday that got me thinking about it.

Can't really find a very representative picture online but:

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Maxresdefault
Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 A2

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Now how does one write a one handed albino orc into the the First World War.... scratch 

I'll leave that to Boyens and Walsh I think.
lol! 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Actually I think it was this movie with Benedict Cumberbatch Norc was watching on fjordlandian television on saturday that got me thinking about it.

Can't really find a very representative picture online but:

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Maxresdefault
Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 A2
hello to you.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Seriously Eldo- Blackadder is one of those must see things - probably the greatest sitcom to comoe out of the Uk and we gave the world Fawlty Towers and The Office among other greats.

(Start at series 2 though- you can go back and watch 1 but its a completely different beast- and as its the BBC watching series 2-4 is probably stil lless episodes than a single US season- I am certain you wont regret it, Ive never met anyone who has)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:48 pm

i love how i so rarely is on this section of the forum yet i still managed to sniff up BCumbs ;D
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Norc wrote:i love how i so rarely is on this section of the forum yet i still managed to sniff up BCumbs ;D
Of course you did. Nod 

Now what do you say; BBC Tolkien biopic with Cumberbatch in the role?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 pm

wait what?! is this happening?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Sadly no. I was only expanding on someones idea that if anyone was making a biopic it should be the BBC making it by saying. "Ooh, they should cast Cumberbatch then."

Would have been amazing though. Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 pm

oh..

they should cast benedict though... Very Happy at least as a young tolkien Nod though he plays that code breaking british dude... fuck i can never remember what he was called..................... he was gay and he the half eaten apple logo is a homage to him.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 pm

So this biopic- who exactly is saying they are making it? Is it a film studio or TV or what? (What these days being netflix and their like)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So this biopic- who exactly is saying they are making it? Is it a film studio or TV or what? (What these days being netflix and their like)
It's being made by Fox Searchlight, which is 20th Century Fox's arthouse/indie specialty subsidiary.  They release movies into theatres.  They have a quite accomplished catalog of artsy films, such as Alexander Payne's Sideways, Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan, Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, Beasts of the Southern Wild (though they only picked it up after Sundance), and Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave.

Last edited by Eldorion on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:12 pm

ooooooh...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Seriously Eldo- Blackadder is one of those must see things - probably the greatest sitcom to comoe out of the Uk and we gave the world Fawlty Towers and The Office among other greats.

(Start at series 2 though- you can go back and watch 1 but its a completely different beast- and as its the BBC watching series 2-4 is probably stil lless episodes than a single US season- I am certain you wont regret it, Ive never met anyone who has)
I've watched a few Blackadder episodes long ago and I can only remember that I enjoyed it. So I tried looking it up on Netflix, and it's on the US Netflix, all four season. There are only 8 episodes per season as well, so pretty doable. But could you elaborate a little on why we shouldn't start with season 1?

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Series 1 is like one long pilot, that has some good moments but didnt really work overall.

When it came back in series 2 they changed just about everything including all the main characters personalities and roles- and they struck gold and thats the format it keeps through to the end- so series 1 is a bit of an anomaly- its shot differently, its pretty loose and all over the place, and all the characters are different.

And as each series is self contained- each one is set in a different period in British history- you dont need to have seen series 1 to jump on at series 2. But series 3 and 4 although in different periods play of things established in the characters form 2 onwards. Series 1 is sort of off to the side completely on its own.

And there are no finer similes in the English language than those employed in Blackadder- if you enjoy language and the humour of it then Blackadder is an absolute gem.

I should maybe mention also the fantastic cast includes Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie as well as Rowan Atkinson in the lead role.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 pm

You could even start with the one where Tom Baker (4th Doctor Who) has a role.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 pm

It is brilliant. But as with all things if possible start at the beginning (which for Blackadder is really season 2)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:53 am

I really liked the first series of Blackadder. Shrugging 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 am

I have a soft spot for it too Bungo- but there is no denying its as rough as a badgers arse and bares little resemblance to the next 3 series.

For me it gets better as it goes n until the unbelievably fantastic final series- which is probably the pinnacle of British pathos on TV.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 am

Season 2 it is then Smile Thanks guys

Tolkien biopic reportedly in development - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:52 am

If you can Ringo try to also track down the xmas one off special that goes between series 3 and 4.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:29 am

I think it's become a bit of a coloquialism among those involved on Blackadder to say of the first series that:

"It looks like a million dollars, but cost a million pounds."

Bungo; I think the first series suffers under the fact that the Black Adder character was so changed in later series. And that character became the great selling point of the show. So a lot of people might have some problems acepting that the first series is proper Blackadder.

It might have fared better standing on it's own feet seperated from the other series.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next