Sinister71
Eldorion
bungobaggins
Norc
Ringdrotten
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Hobbit (Enhanced Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit (Enhanced Edition)

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:51 am

malickfan wrote:Do E readers strain the eyes? I tend to read books in big chunks-5 or 6 hours at a time, and I'm not sure whether the lighting or small font size on an e reader would be something I could get used to.

In anycase I'm one of those geeks who likes having physical copies of stuff.
Can't speak for all brands, but Kindles don't. Like Eldo says, they got some other type of screen, and while you have the option to turn the brightness up, you won't need it when you are indoors, and I don't think you even need it outdoors either. I've read for quite a few hours without pauses and felt no strain at all Smile

The Hobbit (Enhanced Edition) - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit (Enhanced Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit (Enhanced Edition)

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm

I think you can probably find most of the audio snippets from that e-book in this video:

Along with a wonderfull account quite early on about Tolkiens struggles to even get the Lord of the Rings published. It's interesting to hear how he kept doubting the quality of the work until his friend sat him down and made him to listen to himself reading some parts of the book. And now it has sold an estimated 150 million copies and counting. Some publishers must be kicking themselves

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2