Ally
Kafria
Eldorion
Gandalf's Beard
Ringdrotten
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 am

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 18264

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 am

Biffo is just epic Laughing Laughing

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisey Banks Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

The Tyrant is a gentle hobbit,
A soft-hearted hobbit, true,
His face may be hard and craggy -
But inside brews a gentle stew.

He may have killed some babies,
And ate them from rotissery spits,
But when it comes to his friends,
He treats them gentle as little kits,

"Kits" is short for "fluffy kittens",
Just in case you didn't know,
"Miaow! Miaow," the Tyrant miaows,
Or so those gladsome stories go.

Yes, he may have ravished some virgins,
And burnt Norway for the Danes,
And planned brutal attacks on Baltimore -
And several others in L.A.

But when it comes to his Purist pals,
- At least, now and then -
He'll come flying to the rescue,
And that's what Bankses call a friend!

Wise Odo (channelled direct from Odo's heart!)

NB Eldo, Odo tried to remember where he'd kept the family portraits, but as he is somewhat old and stupid, he couldn't.
Wisey Banks
Wisey Banks
Chief Forumshire Channeller

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Oooh Petty, how romantic of you. You may be hard faced and craggy and crabbity, but I have no doubt those chafed lips of yours while rough are as sweet as honey - something I'm sure I'll find the truth of the very next time I see you! cheers
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Banks Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Onee kuss yarl gut fro me iz a Keemerlee kuss, bud ile shorelee shuk yahund, mate! Very Happy
Biffo Banks
Biffo Banks
Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Wisey Banks wrote:NB Eldo, Odo tried to remember where he'd kept the family portraits, but as he is somewhat old and stupid, he couldn't.

We'll just do this the hard way, then. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Wise Odo

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Wisey

Biffo

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Biffo

Sadly I can't find any of the others right now but I might try again later, depending on how bored and/or busy I am. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 pm

I always said you were a gentlehobbit, Eldom - haven't I always! Errrm... I'm not one to gripe, but I do trust Mirabella and yours truly are on the way.... I mean, that would at least finish what you started... wouldn't it....???? wouldn't it? I mean, if it was me, I'd probably put something as important as this at the top of my priority list.... I don't mean to pressure anyone.... anyone? Rolling Eyes
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I tried, but Google Goggles didn't get along with your pictures and I don't know enough to get good keywords for Google Images. With Wisey and Biffo it was fairly easy because I could tell what the pictures were of, but with the others I'm just shooting in the dark. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Biffo is just epic Laughing Laughing

Indeed, he's one of favourite members of the Banks clan (after Original Odo of course Wink ).

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 am

I've been listening to Kafria, Jane, Ally and Tin (oh poor lost Tin! Sad ) and their "attitude" and "thoughts" got me thinking... for myself I mean... I thought, well, I am a Shiriff, surely I could work this out myself... so I went to Google Images and typed "Hobbit Girls" - and there I was. I never knew I was so famous. A portrait on Google!!! How flattering! Very Happy

(((You know, I feel Odo might be wrong about one thing - we girls can think for ourselves - at least, sometimes)))
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 am

It's good to see you clearly. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:30 am

'oh poor lost Tin!'- Mirabella

Tin's not lost just absent. Take heart fair Mirabella, I found Tin lost and wandering on PT when I was copying threads. She registered here I think but for some reason hasn't posted yet.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 am

Dear Mirabella, the recent forum travails have put us all out of sorts, but it is still no reason to forget yourself and call me "Odo." It should be "Uncle" or "Uncle Odo." Come, you know that full well. We may be in a new format, but the old proprieties still apply! Anyone would think you forgot something of yourself! Ridiculous of course, you've just been listening to those other lasses. They are casual, I won't have you act so casually. I owe it to your dear departed father or mother (whatever his or name was, I seem to have forgotten it) where was I? Never mind, I owe it to you as my Niece to set you straight! Please to remember the family motto: "Respectability is an Egg." Wise motto that. Very wise. Have no idea what it means.Mad

Dear other forumers, I seem to have an addled memory at the moment. Does anyone remember if I had a sister or brother, as I assume that even in Rushock Bog, lasses require a mother and father. If you know his/her name, can you please refresh my memory. Embarassed

Oh yes, Mirabella you wrong me. I never suggested lasses can't think for themselves. I've always been quite clear about this - and you know it full well! - "deep" thoughts are the preside of male grownups (which excludes, of course, the likes of Eldo and GB - I mean it kindly). So if you do decide to strain yourself and entertain "deep" thoughts, it is only appropriate that you test them in private on a mature male; this long before you lett people "outside the kitchen" (as the saying goes) hear them. This way we ensure one does not embarrasss her family.

Btw, I am now banning you from the Girlie Gossip Thread. I've decided it's just not an appropriate venue for a nice girl. Mad

Last edited by odo banks on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because grammar was atrocious. Slightly better now!)
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 am

Oh such good news, Mr Tyrant - about Tin that is. With the new start, I hope when she posts she'll be "nice" and not be sucked into that honey trap (The Girlie Gossip Thread, I mean).
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:53 am

On the matter of your family Odo what relationship was Balin Banks to you? My memory is hazy as I only met him/her in a duckie haze in that local pub of yours during a singsong. Hence I cant even remember if he/she is a he or a she let alone what their relationship with you is! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 am

Mirabella wrote:I've been listening to Kafria, Jane, Ally and Tin (oh poor lost Tin! Sad ) and their "attitude" and "thoughts" got me thinking... for myself I mean... I thought, well, I am a Shiriff, surely I could work this out myself... so I went to Google Images and typed "Hobbit Girls" - and there I was. I never knew I was so famous. A portrait on Google!!! How flattering! Very Happy

(((You know, I feel Odo might be wrong about one thing - we girls can think for ourselves - at least, sometimes)))

Anyone Googling Gandalf's Beard will usually get a number of my posts, and some of my previous Avatars in the image section (along with a bunch of cheesy looking Gandalf Beard Halloween costumes). Very Happy

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Inaugural Tolkien Liberalist Thread - Page 2 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:04 am

We don't like to mention Balin Banks, GB - mainly for two reasons. One: his sexual "constitution" was something of a family scandal (even for a Bywater Banks he was peculiar) and Two: no matter how hard he tried, he remained dreadfully dull and unimaginative, which is a worse crime than the first in my opinion. (Btw I neglected to tell him/her of our change of address. Same as with Grey Pilgrim, and for much the same reasons! Smile )
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:08 am

And to think that Grey Pilgrim didn't like the Bankses - Balin Banks, a man of an unpleasant sexual constitution Laughing Laughing What's not to like? Very Happy

Last edited by Ringdrotten on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 am

I remember Grey Pilgrim vs. the Bankses, in all its many variations. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 am

"Anyone Googling Gandalf's Beard will usually get a number of my posts, and some of my previous Avatars in the image section (along with a bunch of cheesy looking Gandalf Beard Halloween costumes)."

Now GB, that's right up there with the worst kind of self-promotion I have ever heard - right up there with my own worst excesses! Very Happy

Yes, I for one am glad GP's gone, Eldo! If I could still contact him, I wouldn't! Mad

odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 am

He could be fun when he wasn't just griping about you Bankses. Wink Although your comments and a certain revelation I had regarding one of the members who did make it here leads me to wonder if GP wasn't just you in another guise all along. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 am

"leads me to wonder if GP wasn't just you in another guise all along"

I'd not be surprised Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 am

Revelations, dear Eldo, are dangerous things if they're spruiked and spread - you know, a big mouth might take away some of the fun and room-for-imagination for other people. GB and Mr Tyrant would agree, I'm sure. Wink Is it not nice for folk to express their imagination providing it is not done to harm others? I think leaving sleeping dogs lie would be appropriate, don't you think! You, as both Forumer and Administrator must surely respect everyone's Privacy! Mad

Okay, okay! GP was ME! Mad Come on - he gave me more stick than anyone else here would at the time. By Illuvatar, I did need it back then! And damn you all, don't deny it, you loved every second of it! Very Happy
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:38 am

odo banks wrote:And damn you all, don't deny it, you loved every second of it! Very Happy

Odo, you in all of your forms have always made this forum so much more amusing than it would be without you. Laughing Although after that revelation a day or two ago I was worried that actually everyone else on here was you, though fortunately the IP locator was able to disprove that worrying theory. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next