odo banks
Mrs Figg
Ally
Amarië
Eldorion
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: 2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Dark Planet Day was yesterday!? Shocked

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Empty Re: 2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Ahh bugger! drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Every day is Dark Planet day! Twisted Evil

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 pm

pale

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Empty What this is I don't even...

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:23 pm

I have been thinking for a while that I should write something in celebration memory of Dark Planet day from a Dark Planet perspective. I've had an idea in the back of my head for a long time, so I thought: Hm. Now's a good time to start, it might be a fun story if I can get it started.

I write two lines of dialog and then suddenly this happens instead. So... this means I procrastinate while procrastinating? I don't know, it just... I don't know. Shrugging :facepalm: Suspect 

---

Lonely Planet Guide– The Forum Shire

The Forum Shire started out as a desperate attempt to rehome a handful of unruly Shirelings who had been removed from their former dwellings and refused to settle in their new surroundings.
And when one ventures here now, years later, the project appears to have been a success. And though it is no Planet Tolkien, one cannot deny the beauty of this place. The tell-tell call of an Allybird fills the air at random intervals, making everybody raise their heads and look around in confusion.  Ke-ke-ke-ke-keytee! Key-tee! Key-tee! A haunting sound which lingers in your soul.

A Norclet rushes swiftly over the forest ground, heading back from the daily roaming of the northern mountains. The long howls of Kum-berrrrr-batch is thought to be a mating call. A call the resident Norcly male- the Eldorc - tries to reply to by offering gifts of half eaten fruit and wiggling of the eyebrows. Despite the fact that he has acquired the tallest anthill in the Shire as a residence and slays spammers with a flick of the wrist, he has yet to be successful in his advances.

Moving out of the forest you find a vast field of wavy grass in the most perfect British countryside shade of green. This is the place to be in the early morning. Grass of perfect length glitters as the dew drops reflecting the distinct light of the northern hemisphere.

This sea of the grass is the habitat of the Halfwise. This ball of fur you never know if is coming or going. It is believed that the Halfwise in fact moves in all directions at the same time and only if you lift a strand of hair does it decided on a direction.

A figg tree stands proudly in the field. Imported from Bree, this tree has the most stunning leaves of autumn red you will ever see, bringing even the reds of the Amy Pond to shame. In storms you are wise to stay away as the branches will whip you to near death. A thing the thick skinned Ozhobbit
have learned to enjoy.

But not all is calm and serene in the Shire. The silver backs battle occasionally with the home-dyed ruby backs. Some battles leave the inhabitants shivering for day and all knows that impending doom that comes from the mere whisper of the the word ‘grey’ (or ‘gray if you lean that way). The only one not hiding during these events is the Recovany bird, who seems blissfully oblivious to all the things that can get you killed in Forumshire. Some say stroking his feathers will bring you good luck, others say it might get you killed.

Despite the fruitful surroundings, the Shirelings do require regular supplies from the outside to remain alert and alive. The main suppliers are Chris and Elthir, and at their call the Shirelings all come forth from their burrows, hills and barrels to devour the catch of today. Growls and snarls echoes across the land, loudest of all is the Crabbiteer.

When travelling thought the Forum Shire one should be careful where you set your foot down and what subject you touch. Though there have rarely been casualties in the Shire, there has been reports of missing people and several incidents of severely wounded pride. Should the sight and sounds of this place be too much to handle, then there is always the option of leaving.

The Shire is closed in by the uninhabitable -except for Norclets and reindeer - mountains in the North, farmer Dave’s secret and heavily guarded farms to the west and the dark land of Torn to the east.  And so it is only the Eel Fjord in the south that provides a passage back to civilization again. But I do believe you will be back one day.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm

What a wonderfully random tale, Amarie Very Happy An odd (and rude) bunch we must have seemed from the PT regulars' perspective. There will be a part two of this guide, I hope? Smile

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Loved that Amarie. cheers 
Especially the Figg tree in full Autumn shades of red.
And yes we may have given the appearance of being uncouth and a bit robust Ringdrotten, but I suspect that's only because we probably are!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Wonderfully atmospheric, I can see it, hear it (and possibly smell it Very Happy )
Thank you for sharing.. I would love to hear more.

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 am

Amarië wrote:I have been thinking for a while that I should write something in celebration memory of Dark Planet day from a Dark Planet perspective. I've had an idea in the back of my head for a long time, so I thought: Hm. Now's a good time to start, it might be a fun story if I can get it started.
All well and good, Amarie, all well and good - but I read your travesty and don't approve a word of it! I especially noticed the abscence of my pivotal role in the whole business --- as usual.. Rolling Eyes

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:21 am

Odo. You're dead. One shall not speak ill of the dead.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:49 am

And you guys are much too kind. Laughing I might write more of this if insanity and inspiration decides to crash again.

I still haven't given up on my original idea though.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

I loved it Amarie ! I think Im the "baby" of the forum ? havnt been here yet a year but, oh how I love it ! Laughing  I love the stories here & Id love to read more of this Amarie, if you have some ?

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 pm

lovely cheers moar please

''bringing even the reds of the Amy Pond to shame'' Thumbs Up 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I noticed this on my phone the other day and had to read a new Dark Planet Day story right away even on that little screen. Very Happy I love your writing, Amarie, and I hope that you'll post more soon! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 pm

I feel in any proper democracy the clamour for more story from you Amarie should be respected. Or in other words, give us MORE! Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Embarassed 2nd Annual Dark Planet Day Challenge - Page 4 Saythat_zps9c7bc0e6

You know if I could just figure out what to write then I'd be right on it.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Ain't that the truth. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:09 am

I finally had the time to read through this and it is perfect.

Brilliant. I would actually suggest we should put this in the "about-section" of the forun Very Happy Because it is short, easy to read and cery descriptive ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah write more ^^ also i thik i finally understood the whole dark plabet issue thing now Very Happy 

Now. Go write. We want more.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 am

Norc wrote:Yeah write more ^^ also i thik i finally understood the whole dark plabet issue thing now Very Happy 
I hope you do, it's basically our national myth. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4