Norc
Ally
MeikoElektra
azriel
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Empty Re: 'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:05 pm

in that article it says 5’2” which is in cm?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Empty Re: 'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD

Post by RA Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:12 pm

In Tolkien’s book, Bilbo doesn’t feel the negative effects when he puts on the ring because he added those effects two decades later for the Rings trilogy. The effects of the ring will gradually build up over the course of the Hobbit movies. Jackson says, “So the first time he puts it on it’s simply a magic ring, but each time he puts it on the effect of it gets to him a bit more.”
Doesn't surprise me. They've already been playing up the Lord of the Rings aspects to put the Hobbit into the prequel category instead of the prelude it should be.
Norc wrote: So how old is he?
I think he's still 50. The 18 year thing might be reference to his "Tweens" before age 33.

Last edited by Recoveryanonymous on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Norc wrote:in that article it says 5’2” which is in cm?
157cm.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 pm

so... same as me.. good..

On the Dwarves’ character traits: Ori is a mama’s boy and still sports purple bows she tied into his hair before leaving, Dwalin is a war-hardened soldier and wears his battle scars proudly, Gloin controls the money during the voyage and is also fond of grooming his hair in an elaborate fashion, Bifur has an Orc axe embedded in his skull which causes a nervous tic and some mental impairment, Bombur is the most massive and the strongest of the Dwarves who also uses his beard as a garrote to draw enemies in against his stomach to dispatch them, Gloin exhibits shades of The Lord of the Rings’ Gimli, and Nori has the most dramatic silhouette, Balin has no mustache, Thorin gave the team the toughest challenge as he goes through a series of prosthetic and costume changes.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:16 pm

and now.. it says Bombur is the strongest...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't think the filmmakers even know who they want to be strongest.
Though from the book, whatever good that is anymore in helping understand the movie, I think Dori was the strongest.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 pm

back to the article..
The version of Rivendell in The Hobbit is brighter because the season is midsummer, whereas in LOTR the season was autumn. In Hobbiton, the season is late spring/early summer.

but they traveled for like two days?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 pm

galadriel sing song ghost voice

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Norc wrote:back to the article..
The version of Rivendell in The Hobbit is brighter because the season is midsummer, whereas in LOTR the season was autumn. In Hobbiton, the season is late spring/early summer.

but they traveled for like two days?

Could go a ways to explaining why Rivendell was so pink.

It's weird though, when you think about it. In the Hobbit, it took the company a lot longer to reach Rivendell than it took Frodo.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:46 pm

yeah, but in to movie, it just ... idk.. they just arrived...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Thorins fault ! trying on all those outfits !

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Well its midsummer in Rivendell, so at least they got that right. Its a midsummer eve moon to read the map. But Bilbo should have his birthday in september in Lake Town, although he forgets at the time with everything else thats going on, I cant see it taking them from midsummer to late sept to reach Lake Town in the film though. Not given they are at the Carrock at most two days after leaving Rivendell.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

his birthday is in the barrel to be precise.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 pm

To keep the time line right they will have to preserve the lengthy imprisonment by the elves- if that all happens in a few days in the film, as every thing else has, then the time line is in trouble, again.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Maybe they'll spend the time in dungeons having lengthy flashbacks.
That'll certainly restore any lag in the timeline. They'll probably end up too far behind if the flashbacks in film 1 are anything to go by Smile

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Laughing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:29 pm

your insane

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:well I saw it, and I loved it.  Razz

Shocked The things you find when browsing old threads!

Last edited by malickfan on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Embarassed that was a hormonal inbalance talking.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Embarassed  that was a hormonal inbalance talking.

Suspect

It's OK, other than Azog and the Overblown shennigans in Goblin Town I actually found AUJ rather tolerable, and largely enjoyable though I'm in no great hurry to rewatch it, it says alot about the quality of the Trilogy, when the slowest, longest film is actually my favourite...

I wonder if there is a post here with Petty apologizing for being too hard on Jackson...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:36 pm

overall AUJ wasn't too bad in a few parts. I think Gollums cave, Martin Freeman in Hobbiton and the Eagles pretty much saved it from being a total disaster. I wouldn't watch it again, but it certainly wasn't the travesty of DOS.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:40 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:Embarassed  that was a hormonal inbalance talking.

Suspect

It's OK, other than Azog and the Overblown shennigans in Goblin Town I actually found AUJ rather tolerable, and largely enjoyable though I'm in no great hurry to rewatch it, it says alot about the quality of the Trilogy, when the slowest, longest film is actually my favourite...

I wonder if there is a post here with Petty apologizing for being too hard on Jackson...

The first 45 minutes of AUJ I thought were great, I honestly thought we were going to get great films that would fit with the LOTR trilogy. THEN the second 2/3 of AUJ happened and I felt the way I feel now. DOS to me didn't have many redeeming qualities to it. At least not enough to save it and TBO5A I am not going to waste my money on. I never found the beginning of AUJ slow or boring I was mesmerized by being back in middle earth. By feeling the same way I felt the first time into FOTR. but then we got Stone giant thrill rides, Stone trolls taking ponies and Bilbo killing wargs and all the other made up nonsense that Jackson littered these films with which I hate. Some people may have felt bored with AUJ but the parts that were Tolkien I found enjoyable

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:overall AUJ wasn't too bad in a few parts. I think Gollums cave, Martin Freeman in Hobbiton and the Eagles pretty much saved it from being a total disaster. I wouldn't watch it again, but it certainly wasn't the travesty of DOS.

Yes, AUJ is the type of film I'd happily tune into for twenty minutes on Christmas Day TV, DOS is the type of film I'd refuse to watch Drunk on New Years...

(I would hope to watch the EE of DOS at some point...there's a small problem I don't really want to!)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Sinister71 wrote:

The first 45 minutes of AUJ I thought were great, I honestly thought we were going to get great films that would fit with the LOTR trilogy. THEN the second 2/3 of AUJ happened and I felt the way I feel now. DOS to me didn't have many redeeming qualities to it. At least not enough to save it and TBO5A I am not going to waste my money on. I never found the beginning of AUJ slow or boring I was mesmerized by being back in middle earth. By feeling the same way I felt the first time into FOTR. but then we got Stone giant thrill rides, Stone trolls taking ponies and Bilbo killing wargs and all the other made up nonsense that Jackson littered these films with which I hate. Some people may have felt bored with AUJ but the parts that were Tolkien I found enjoyable

Whilst I found AUJ equally perplexing and infuriating as DOS on the CG and random changes from the book for no reason front, AUJ was just a better film imo it had the heart and story that DOS didn't, and less CG and soundstage stuff.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Yes Sin, I felt we might be on to something when AUJ kicked off but, didnt take long for me to realise Im gonna be let down & that I was wrong, very wrong this time. And like you, when peejers stuck to Tolkien it was great, enjoyable, but when he slid into loony tunes town, it was an unbearable mess, I couldnt get out of the cinema quick enough. It was a stampede with only me !!

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next