Norc
Ally
MeikoElektra
azriel
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: 'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD

Post by David H Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 am

the bunny sledge was freaking awesome, I want one.

Well, I suppose the sledge itself would be OK if you hitched it to a team of reindeer, but if you ever try hitching it to bunnies I'm going to report you to the purist police! Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: 'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm

"I am seeing it again in 3D on friday so I'll give a more spoiler review then perhaps."

We have to wait some MORE? Banghead Extremely Crabbit

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

''normal people will love it.'' Norc.

cheers hurrah and huzzah!!!!!

I am pretty normal scratch

weeeeel Shocked

ok maybe not silent

Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:38 pm

cumon NORC!!!!!!!!!!! spill the beans!

was there lots of lovely Elvses? was there? was there? was there sons of Elrond? or Estel runnin around Rivendell? telllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! bounce

did you see Tauriel or Thranduil?
did you see Weathertop or the Barrows?

bounce oh I am super hexited! Basketball bounce

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Razz Is there an award for most effective use of emoticons?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Norc! Very Happy I can't wait to see it myself but also to hear what everyone else thought. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:22 pm

I don't want to spoil everything, but yes, Thranduil is in it, no tauriel, lots of elves, thranduils riding animal gave me a heart-attack. No Estel.

but, I have to point out that some of the key moments in the first trailer like Gandalf wandering in Dol Guldur (yes, it was Dol Guldur) and Bilbo walking up to the shards of narsil didn't make it, or was changed. as I wrote that, it might actually have been weather top..... because of.. yeah.. you'll see Smile I'll find out soon enough.

I kept on smiling throughout because they brought so much from the book Smile omg.. I am starting a rant soon... forgetting everything :S
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Is the good morning conversation in there Norc? And the burrahobbit lines? Is there a talking purse?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Is the good morning conversation in there Norc? And the burrahobbit lines? Is there a talking purse?
as i said, i would like you to have the same experience as me and be pleasantly surprised but if you really must know
Spoiler:

there are some really nice pony scenes Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:34 pm

You are actually lowering my crabbit levels here Norc! Shocked You know how rare that us?!!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I know Razz I kept thinking throughout the movie "this will make Petty happy". Your still going to be annoyed by Radagast and WC and necromancer, but if you just accept that that is what it is, and realize it actually treats the wizards and all with justice, you might like the movie Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Shit stained Radagast is treated with justice- that seems a strech! But I shall see- the most encouraging thing is it sounds salvagable! As if I should be able to remove a few PJ bits without affecting the main story.

What what about Azog?- does he still get his head chopped off outside Moria? Or has PJ screwed the history of the goblin wars up? Does Thror still die first an does Azog brand is name on his head- is Azogs excellent litle speech in it?- does Dain kill Azog in the battle?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

cheers so excited now! Thranduil squeeeeeeeeeee!! Kissing if Norclet likes it I am sure its good. I trust her opinion on this. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Shit stained Radagast is treated with justice- that seems a strech! But I shall see- the most encouraging thing is it sounds salvagable! As if I should be able to remove a few PJ bits without affecting the main story.

What what about Azog?- does he still get his head chopped off outside Moria? Or has PJ screwed the history of the goblin wars up? Does Thror still die first an does Azog brand is name on his head- is Azogs excellent litle speech in it?- does Dain kill Azog in the battle?

Radagast
Spoiler:

Azog:
Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:38 am

Nope. Not going to read those spoilers.

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 am

Youre stronger than me Eldo ! cos I did !

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

'An Unexpected Journey' in theatres | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am

Eldorion wrote:Nope. Not going to read those spoilers.

Spoiler:

DON'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm

I found my goblin versus orc quote (by accident). It wasn't crawling spiders but lice!

Anyone know if the hair fiddling scene was in the film? And if so, does Cate B. actually tell Ian M. not to be frightened, and that he is not alone (as I thought I heard in a recent TV spot).
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

... yeah, but you have to see it in context.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Like in a different film? scratch

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

no.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Concise.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Norc.

To add, I'm not sure I really need to see the context; at least when considering this scene as part of an adaptation (as opposed to whether or not it is a nice scene between two characters in a film).

In other words, while it's my personal opinion, I can't imagine Tolkien countenancing such a scene between Galadriel and Gandalf here, so for me the fuller context will likely be relevant to the 'world' invented by the filmmakers.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Not seen this.

http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/thehobbit1/hobbit-clip1_h1080p.mov

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next