David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 Empty Re: Aliens - Do they... don't they?

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 22, 2014 10:13 pm

I think we are far more dangerous to aliens than they are to us. ie planet of bonkers mad people with nuclear bombs and diseases.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 Empty Re: Aliens - Do they... don't they?

Post by azriel Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 pm

We are a danger because of our unwillingness to learn from mistakes & create a better environment for ALL to live in & thrive. Our own arrogance & stupidity lets us down. not individuals per say but, as a whole.

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 am

Do Aliens exist?

Sure, why not?

Shrugging 

No 'proof' either way, and I'd be kinda disappointed to learn  drunken was the reason for some of the weird stuff I've seen.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 23, 2014 2:27 am

You can't just tease us like that without delivering, Malick. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 23, 2014 2:41 am

Yeah spill the weird beans Malick  bounce 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 23, 2014 3:44 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I think we are far more dangerous to aliens than they are to us. ie planet of bonkers mad people with nuclear bombs and diseases.
Who have yet to send anything outside of our solar system other than a car-sized metal object.
I don't think they're worried.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 am

Nukes are car-sized metal objects, though... Sofa
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 23, 2014 8:22 am

If aliens were capable of travelling at high speed through space (you would assume they would be able to for localised travel) then the impact of a nuclear weapon probably wouldn't bother them much. The impact of small particles when travelling at extreme speed would be worse. That is why the enterprise has a deflector shield!!

Come on malick... tell us!!!!

And for fuck sake... has anyone seen the Phoenix Lights thing?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 23, 2014 3:17 pm

no Lance. I havent.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:I think we are far more dangerous to aliens than they are to us. ie planet of bonkers mad people with nuclear bombs and diseases.
Who have yet to send anything outside of our solar system other than a car-sized metal object.
I don't think they're worried.

thing is we have left millions of pieces of metal and bits of Sputnik floating round our planet waiting to puncture any craft unlucky enough to wander over. Although they probably have space sheilds like Lance said. I meant rather if they come visiting Earth, rather than us being a danger out in space. Our little monkey brains wouldnt be able to cope if they came here.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Not this then... Wink 

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 Phoenix-nights_zpsc83b68ef

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 23, 2014 3:31 pm

So what do you think it is ? night time flying activities by the US in their super wizzy stealth bombers ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 23, 2014 4:44 pm

No... I dont think it is anything to do with human technology. It could be some kind of random natural phenomenon that we don't understand though.

The fact it was witnessed by so many people is evidence enough that it happened and we don't have the technology to create what has been described even now I doubt.

Have you looked it up Az?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Ive seen a prog about this sort of thing, Pilots speaking of unchartered lights that were here one moment & gone the next. Supposedly professional bodkins stating it was this or that & nothing to do with Aliens. Then, there were eye witness reports from people actually seeing these things & al were convinced it was to fooking odd to be USA or whoever testing aircraft, or weather balloons, satellites, those funny little chinese lanterns etc ? Strange things do happen but, what strikes me as odd is, they all happen in USA ?? Id be more inclined to raise more than an eyebrow if I heard reports from other countries ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Lancebloke wrote:

I made the mistake of watching some UFO stuff today. Forget Roswell and Rendlesham... has anyone seen documentaries around the Phoenix Lights? Thoughts?

Lancebloke wrote: For fuck's sake, has anyone seen the Phoenix Lights thing?

You seemed to be in pain, Lance, so I looked it up. Videos are handheld, so makes it kind of hopeless. Several incidents, most seem pretty well confirmed as flares dropped during a military exercise. Another one is harder, with no attributed explanation. The fact the military would explain some but not others makes me inclined to believe them when they DO explain something.

Not much more to say beyond that. Lights didn't seem to be doing anything too weird, so don't think they're such an issue.  alien 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 23, 2014 5:30 pm

The Rendlesham Forest incident is probably the best UK UFO incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

I have never bought into the excuse it was a lighthouse they were seeing, not after watching interviews with some of the US personnel involved who were perfectly aware of the lighthouse and used to seeing its light through the woods.

They also clearly state it was moving through the woods, not a fixed point coming and going as they moved through the woods.

I am not saying its definitely aliens, just it seems unlikely to me that they mistook a lighthouse beam for the UFO.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 pm

halfwise wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:

I made the mistake of watching some UFO stuff today. Forget Roswell and Rendlesham... has anyone seen documentaries around the Phoenix Lights? Thoughts?

Lancebloke wrote: For fuck's sake, has anyone seen the Phoenix Lights thing?

You seemed to be in pain, Lance, so I looked it up.  Videos are handheld, so makes it kind of hopeless.  Several incidents, most seem pretty well confirmed as flares dropped during a military exercise.  Another one is harder, with no attributed explanation.  The fact the military would explain some but not others makes me inclined to believe them when they DO explain something.

Not much more to say beyond that.  Lights didn't seem to be doing anything too weird, so don't think they're such an issue.  alien 

It was the last one that is the best. Witnessed by about 10000 people. Analysis clearly showed that it wasn't flares as the military had said (lights remained perfect distance apart, no smoke trails, results of spectrum analysis showed a very different light pattern to a flare).

Apparently there were around 7000 calls to the local government to report on it. Luke AFB at the time said they weren't doing anything (why deny testing flares?) and the airport were seeing it but not picking anything up on radar.

The Rendlesham thing is odd too Petty.

Az... If you looms things up the US isn't the only place. The Mexican military have videos that they are not hiding of unexplainable things. The Chinese have an official program looking in to it. The bloody ancient Egyptians have things carved in hieroglyphs.

While I think there is a lot of bullshit spouted by conspiracy theorists, I do think the government's explanations are often very ill thought out and clearly are because they have no idea or they are covering something up.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 23, 2014 6:19 pm

because they have no idea or they are covering something up.- Lance

I am more inclined to think that should read- 'because they have no idea what or if they are covering something up.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Tell you whats weird. Foo Fighters. Thats well weird.

The term foo fighter was used by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II to describe various UFOs or mysterious aerial phenomena seen in the skies over both the European and Pacific theaters of operations.

Though "foo fighter" initially described a type of UFO reported and named by the U.S. 415th Night Fighter Squadron, the term was also commonly used to mean any UFO sighting from that period. Formally reported from November 1944 onwards, witnesses often assumed that the foo fighters were secret weapons employed by the enemy.

The Robertson Panel explored possible explanations, for instance that they were electrostatic phenomena similar to St. Elmo's fire, electromagnetic phenomena, or simply reflections of light from ice crystals

The term foo was borrowed from Bill Holman's Smokey Stover by a radar operator in the 415th Night Fighter Squadron, Donald J. Meiers, who it is agreed by most 415th members gave the foo fighters their name. Meiers was from Chicago and was an avid reader of Bill Holman's strip which was run daily in the Chicago Tribune. Smokey Stover's catch phrase was "where there's foo, there's fire". In a mission debriefing on the evening November 27, 1944, Fritz Ringwald, the unit's S-2 Intelligence Officer, stated that Meiers and Ed Schleuter had sighted a red ball of fire that appeared to chase them through a variety of high-speed maneuvers. Fritz said that Meiers was extremely agitated and had a copy of the comic strip tucked in his back pocket. He pulled it out and slammed it down on Fritz's desk and said, "... it was another one of those fuckin' foo fighters!" and stormed out of the debriefing room.
The first sightings occurred in November 1944, when pilots flying over Germany by night reported seeing fast-moving round glowing objects following their aircraft. The objects were variously described as fiery, and glowing red, white, or orange. Some pilots described them as resembling Christmas tree lights and reported that they seemed to toy with the aircraft, making wild turns before simply vanishing. Pilots and aircrew reported that the objects flew formation with their aircraft and behaved as if under intelligent control, but never displayed hostile behavior. However, they could not be outmaneuvered or shot down.  Shocked  The phenomenon was so widespread that the lights earned a name – in the European Theater of Operations they were often called "kraut fireballs" but for the most part called "foo-fighters". The military took the sightings seriously, suspecting that the mysterious sightings might be secret German weapons, but further investigation revealed that German and Japanese pilots had reported similar sightings.
In its 15 January 1945 edition Time magazine carried a story entitled "Foo-Fighter", in which it reported that the "balls of fire" had been following USAAF night fighters for over a month, and that the pilots had named it the "foo-fighter". According to Time, descriptions of the phenomena varied, but the pilots agreed that the mysterious lights followed their aircraft closely at high speed. Some scientists at the time rationalized the sightings as an illusion probably caused by afterimages of dazzle caused by flak bursts, while others suggested St. Elmo's Fire as an explanation.

The "balls of fire" phenomenon reported from the Pacific Theater of Operations differed somewhat from the foo fighters reported from Europe; the "ball of fire" resembled a large burning sphere which "just hung in the sky", though it was reported to sometimes follow aircraft. On one occasion, the gunner of a B-29 aircraft managed to hit one with gunfire, causing it to break up into several large pieces which fell on buildings below and set them on fire. There was speculation that the phenomena could be related to the Japanese fire balloons' campaign. As with the European foo fighters, no aircraft was reported as having been attacked by a "ball of fire"
The postwar Robertson Panel cited foo fighter reports, noting that their behavior did not appear to be threatening, and mentioned possible explanations, for instance that they were electrostatic phenomena similar to St. Elmo's fire, electromagnetic phenomena, or simply reflections of light from ice crystals. The Panel's report suggested that "If the term "flying saucers" had been popular in 1943–1945, these objects would have been so labeled."
wiki
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat May 24, 2014 5:11 am

I used to believe that aliens existed and had visited earth. Now, through a lack of concrete proof, I'm more of the mind that there is a possibility that they exist. What sort of form they could be in (cellular, humanoid, ethereal), I haven't the faintest clue. But I do have the tendency to agree with what I posted that Neil de Grasse Tyson said. If they did exist, and were smarter than us, they wouldn't bother with our species.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon May 26, 2014 5:23 am

Aliens - Do they... don't they? - Page 6 10403260_10152446006605692_3352873036801319488_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 26, 2014 5:25 am

I'd take down that wreath above the door. Christmas is long over.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon May 26, 2014 9:04 am

Razz  Laughing  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon May 26, 2014 2:15 pm

I think I know what then there lights in the sky are.....aint Aliens, oh no, its pesky kids in their home made space ships, buzzing about !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6