chris63
Ringdrotten
32 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars   - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars

Post by chris63 Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 am

The Phantom Menace in 3D, February

http://www.totalfilm.com/trailers/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-3d-trailer
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 am

Oooh the excitement- one of the most disappointing films I've ever seen now in 3D! Rolling Eyes

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Seeing as I never got to see a Star Wars film in theatres (the first one I was aware of being in theatres, Episode III, was PG-13 and thus too high of a rating in my parents mind at the time Razz) I am somewhat excited about the re-release. I'm far more interested in the planned re-release of the original trilogy a few years down the line, though. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 am

4 weeks to go till Phantom Menace 3D comes out

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85922
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 am

I'm looking forward to it! I'm not a fan of 3D so I hope that I can find one of the few 2D theatres showing this, but since I've never been able to see a Star Wars movie on the big screen I'll probably go see it regardless. Very Happy Also, The Phantom Menace was the first SW film I saw; in my defense I was only five and didn't know anything about the OT vs. PT scandal. Razz I'm sure there's a generational commentary in there somewhere but I'm not sure what. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:04 am

I know PM is a bad film- but its also flashy and of its time, so I have to admit to some suprise Eldo that you seem to prefere the slower based, more talky original trilogy over the modern ones- given you saw the new ones first and they were made for your generation- glad you do though. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

I just want to hear Sebulba's pod racer with cinema sound again Very Happy

Star Wars   - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Well, I'm not all about flashiness. Wink Trying to remember, I think I saw TPM in about 2000, followed shortly thereafter by the original trilogy. So that was before Episodes II and III came out. I can't deny that TPM is a pretty bad film, but as a simple, mindless adventure flick I can still enjoy it. Plus, the podrace scene is awesome. Very Happy I'm actually not really a prequel hater even if I don't love them, but I'm sure lingering childhood nostalgia affects my perception of the films.

I actually think TPM is far superior to Attack of the Clones (no love story, though the Battle of Geonosis was pretty up until Yoda-on-crack) and I think that Revenge of the Sith is overrated. It is probably the best of the prequels, but it has even more annoying battle droid-talk than AOTC, it shunts Padme and a bunch of other characters to the sidelines and forgets about them, and it's plot is just as bad as the first two. Also, it had General Grievous. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:59 pm

I have never seen the second film of the new trilogy all the way through- I always either fall asleep or give up somewhere in the middle- its like watching the intro to a computer game, only without it ever endiing and you never get a go!
Sadly I did see the third one all the way to the end, just wish I hadn't.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I have much fonder memories of playing the Episode II tie-in video game with my brother for many, many hours when we were young. Wink Part of the appeal was that it made up its own story after the first three levels and was, I would argue, a more interesting take on the Clone Wars than Episode III. Possibly because it actually showed the Clone Wars. Plus, it takes the "video game" style of the prequels and lets you actually interact with it since it is a video game. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Well, I for one am looking forward to the movies coming to theatres. The only SW I have seen in theatres were Ep. II (by far my fav. only because it has Phase I troopers at Geonosis), and that sorry excuse for a Star Wars movie Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I am a big fan of the Star Wars universe, but not as much the movies. The movies are cool, but definitely not the highlight for me. I am also a bigger fan of the prequels, but I do stil like the originals.
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:54 pm

I didn't see Star Wars: The Clone Wars in theatres but I got it through NetFlix only a few months later and I couldn't believe how bad it was. The best review of the film that I read went along the lines of "you know how everyone said the SW prequels were so horrible, and they really weren't? This is." Very Happy I didn't really understand how it could be so awful until I found out that it was actually just the first three episodes of the new TV series stitched together and crapped out into theatres for a quick buck. Evil or Very Mad

I'll admit that I'm not terribly familiar with the SW Expanded Universe. My brother, who is more of a SW fan than I am, swears by the original Knights of the Old Republic video game and has recommended a few of the novels to me. Death Star was well-done, I thought. When I was younger and the prequels were still coming out I was a bit more into the comics and books and the like; I still have the Ep. II novelization and the Ep. III graphic novel lying around somewhere. But for me the movies have been the highlight and I think the EU is pretty inconsistent in terms of quality from the little of it I've seen.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Eldorion wrote:I didn't see Star Wars: The Clone Wars in theatres but I got it through NetFlix only a few months later and I couldn't believe how bad it was. The best review of the film that I read went along the lines of "you know how everyone said the SW prequels were so horrible, and they really weren't? This is." Very Happy I didn't really understand how it could be so awful until I found out that it was actually just the first three episodes of the new TV series stitched together and crapped out into theatres for a quick buck. Evil or Very Mad
Really? Shocked
Woah, now I'm shocked..... and I think I'm well advised not to watch it should I get a chance to do it. Thank you for the warning Laughing That really sounds horrible!

I've seen part of the tv series, but I've never been very fond of them.... I like the live action movies better Wink

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:43 pm

All this hate, Petty... you know what it leads too! Wink I too prefer the OT, but I also find the PT very enjoyable. Might be because I watched them in the cinemas as a kid or whatever. I did watch the OT first, though, my father had all three on VHS and my brother and I used to watch them all the time -the memories Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Semiramis wrote:Really? Shocked
Woah, now I'm shocked..... and I think I'm well advised not to watch it should I get a chance to do it. Thank you for the warning Laughing That really sounds horrible!

I've seen part of the tv series, but I've never been very fond of them.... I like the live action movies better Wink

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. I think with the TV series at least the animation quality is improving. I'd like to think that they've found their storytelling feet too since the movie was an embarassment, but I don't know. In any event, I sincerely hope that there is nothing in the TV series as bad as Anakin and Ahsoka "stealthily" crawling around with a box over their heads in the middle of a battle until they bump into a bunch of battle droids. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:I did watch the OT first, though, my father had all three on VHS and my brother and I used to watch them all the time -the memories Very Happy

Oh man, I remember watching the OT on VHS! There was this limited VHS release from the mid-'90s of the THX-remastered edition of the trilogy, and each tape began with a dramatic announcer saying "The original Star Wars trilogy on VHS ... one last time." Only years later did I realize that "one last time" meant "before the Special Edition release". I count myself lucky to have seen the non-SE versions first. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 pm

True Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Have to say the OT have a special place in my heart. Only ever seen the forst of the new ones. Didn't like! Never bothered with the rest. It was far more fun to imagine how Luke and Leah could by siblings and exactly what must have happened than have it told to me!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Oh man, I remember watching the OT on VHS!- Eldo

I remember going to the cinema to see them!! The first time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:56 pm

That's because you're old. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Seasoned! Well pickled but thats much the same thing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Laughing Pickled or otherwise, I imagine it must have been pretty awesome to see the SW films when they first came out with nary a "Episode IV: A New Hope" subtitle to be seen! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 pm

It was a xmas party organised by the Masons. They took us to see Star Wars.
For conspiracy people to mull over!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:00 pm

No such luck for me, pirated videos that a friend played continually (in Dubai at the time!)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Dubai! What an interesting youth you must have had there. By best mate grew up in Dubai, his father was an engineer. They called him scotty.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next