Lorient Avandi
chris63
Ringdrotten
32 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars   - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Another reason that Cumberbatch should be in the new Star Wars movies?
(His Chewbacca impression. Laughing )

Star Wars   - Page 20 Tumblr_my57vtHGca1s35g1fo1_250

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:14 pm

Star Wars   - Page 20 At-at-dog

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Star Wars   - Page 20 Gif-sandbox-457499

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 pm

chris63 wrote:Star Wars   - Page 20 At-at-dog

Razz 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am

lol! 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 am

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-694151

The trio of new leads for Star Wars: Episode VII has yet to be revealed, but an actor from the original franchise is returning to reprise his role.

Peter Mayhew will play Chewbacca for Disney and Lucasfilm's upcoming sequel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Mayhew played the legendary Wookiee and Han Solo's co-pilot in the original trilogy, beginning with Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope in 1977. Rumors recently surfaced that he was reprising his role after he canceled an upcoming appearance at Texas convention Comicpalooza "due to filming." Since the convention takes place May 23-26, many fans wondered if that meant the actor would be busy with Episode VII.

Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn revealed on April 2 that the new Star Wars had already begun filming and most of the cast was set. "We have a lot of them [in place]," he said about the main actors, whose names have not been disclosed. "We're just not completely done yet."

VIDEO: Disney Chief Reveals 'Star Wars: VII' Casting Almost Complete, Says Film Is Already Shooting

Star Wars: Episode VII, to be directed by J.J. Abrams and slated to hit theaters Dec. 18, 2015, has been shrouded in a thick veil of secrecy, with dozens of names flying through the rumor mill for months now. THR reported that Adam Driver will be playing an undisclosed villain. Original stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher also are said to be reprising their roles.

In March, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said the new project would begin filming in May and will be set 30 years after the events in 1983's Return of the Jedi. "There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads," he said during Disney's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore.

Mayhew, who also played Chewbacca in prequel film Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, has mainly spent his career playing the iconic character, but also appeared in the horror film Terror and did voice work in the British version of Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy. He's repped by Entertainment Legends Management and Cohen & Gardner.

Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Star Wars   - Page 20 942
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 pm

bungobaggins wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-694151

The trio of new leads for Star Wars: Episode VII has yet to be revealed, but an actor from the original franchise is returning to reprise his role.

Peter Mayhew will play Chewbacca for Disney and Lucasfilm's upcoming sequel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Mayhew played the legendary Wookiee and Han Solo's co-pilot in the original trilogy, beginning with Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope in 1977. Rumors recently surfaced that he was reprising his role after he canceled an upcoming appearance at Texas convention Comicpalooza "due to filming." Since the convention takes place May 23-26, many fans wondered if that meant the actor would be busy with Episode VII.

Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn revealed on April 2 that the new Star Wars had already begun filming and most of the cast was set. "We have a lot of them [in place]," he said about the main actors, whose names have not been disclosed. "We're just not completely done yet."

VIDEO: Disney Chief Reveals 'Star Wars: VII' Casting Almost Complete, Says Film Is Already Shooting

Star Wars: Episode VII, to be directed by J.J. Abrams and slated to hit theaters Dec. 18, 2015, has been shrouded in a thick veil of secrecy, with dozens of names flying through the rumor mill for months now. THR reported that Adam Driver will be playing an undisclosed villain. Original stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher also are said to be reprising their roles.

In March, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger said the new project would begin filming in May and will be set 30 years after the events in 1983's Return of the Jedi. "There will be some very familiar faces along with a trio of new young leads," he said during Disney's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore.

Mayhew, who also played Chewbacca in prequel film Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, has mainly spent his career playing the iconic character, but also appeared in the horror film Terror and did voice work in the British version of Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy. He's repped by Entertainment Legends Management and Cohen & Gardner.

Disney and Lucasfilm had no comment.

This is nice to hear (though to be frank I thought he was a little too old to reprise the role), but I'd assumed they were hiring someone else to play the role (a 6.5 foot friend of a friend of mine auditioned in the open auditions in London, no luck, but he said there was people of literally all sizes/races auditioning so the cast is till up in the air) due to his health problems.

Still I wish we'd get a solid announcements instead of a bunch of obvious rumours...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Well at least setting it 30 years later means they shouldn't go down the horrid PJ route of cgi de-ageing, but then again it would be better disguised in a JJ film by all the light flares.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:19 am

That seems like a convincing argument to me, Norc. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:56 am

So in the E.T. movie universe we are to assume that Star Wars exists in both our galaxy and the real Star Wars galaxy? scratch

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 am

Oooh, what NOT to say about the state of the Star Wars Universe NOW!

I already knew that the new films would not be based on any existing EU story arc, and possibly would overwrite some (almost had to with using the original cast, especially Peter Mayhew). I knew that Disney had formed a "Star Wars Lore" department, whose job it was going to be, at least for the moment, to approve all upcoming game's and novel's storylines to fit in with canon. Their other job was going to be to go through all existing material and decide what is and isn't canon (finally putting to rest arguments such as which Han-Leia wedding is canon), eliminating many bad stories, but also undoubtedly many beloved ones as well. While I hated the idea of all of that, I never expected them to take it to this extreme.

Basically, Lucasfilm (Disney), has come out and said that the entire Expanded Universe: all existing books, comics, games, etc (essentially everything but the films and television shows) are now, officially non-canon and will now be sold under the Star Wars Legends label. Almost 40 years worth of storylines. All to give the film/tv teams the "most creative freedom possible" (like Star Wars wasn't big enough to come up with a unique storyline). This means no Han-Leia marriage. No Yuuzhan Vong. No Old Republic. No Mara Jade. No Ben Skywalker. No Jaina, Jacen, or Anakin Solo. No Clone Trooper freedom of choice. None. Its all gone.

Well, Disney has officially lost all my support for these films, and I'm seriously considering not seeing them now. Part of what I love(d) about Star Wars was the massive existing universe. It was essentially a universe and history of its own, much in the same way (in some ways moreso) that Middle-Earth was with the Silmarillion and histories. It was amazing, and the better part was that it even still had room to grow. Now we start again almost from scratch.

RIP Star Wars EU  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Crying or Very sad  Sad  Crying or Very sad  Sad 

I must say.... I HATE DISNEY Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Shrugging  Shrugging  Shrugging  Shrugging  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  F You  F You  F You  F You  F You  No  No  No  No  No  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Extremely Crabbit  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  Handbag  F You 

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:38 am

It's very much a Lucas move to come out and shit on something that a lot of people love. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:47 am

DISCLAIMER: SOME ON THIS FORUM ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT I ACTUALLY LIKE LUCAS, AS WELL AS THE PREQUEL TRILOGY, WITH AOTC OR ROTS BEING MY FAV STAR WARS FILMS. I STILL RECOGNIZE THAT MANY PEOPLE HATE HIM AND THE PREQUEL TRILOGY THOUGH

Well I might agree with you if he actually had any part in this. He has had little connection with Disney and the upcoming films since the sale. I highly doubt he played a major role in this. They may have consulted him (he is known for not caring too much for the EU) but I would bet the final decision came from Lucasfilm and Disney.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 am

That's okay, I am very anti-prequel. I was mostly referring to Lucas' past attempts at "polishing" the original trilogy, and in the process, making them less enjoyable for lots of people. (I refuse to buy any Star Wars DVDs or Blu-rays until we can get unedited/unaltered remasters of the original films.) It just seemed like a Lucas thing to do to take something that a lot of people like, and discard it with no regard to what others may think.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 am

Yes, I can definitely see your point in that sense. And though many of Lucas's edits/alterations of the original trilogy were meaningless (Ewoks blinking), stupid, and controversial (Greedo-Han), some of them I did like (such as visible sarlacc, some of the celebration cities, and Temeura Morrison Boba Fett voice-over)

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Official Cast Announced for Star Wars 7 (or most of them at least)

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Didn't see Von Sydow signing up for something like this.

No news on Billy Dee Williams or Dennis Lawson returning though  Neutral 

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Must be hot news, the site won't load. Shrugging

Starting to load now, slowly.  Suspect 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:09 pm

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:09 pm

malickfan wrote:Official Cast Announced for Star Wars 7 (or most of them at least)

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Didn't see Von Sydow signing up for something like this.

No news on Billy Dee Williams or Dennis Lawson returning though Neutral

bungobaggins wrote:
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

I'm guessing Andy Serkis will play Jar Jar Binks.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Hopefully!

Was kinda hoping for Aaron Paul and Gary Oldman though. Oh well, good cast, now we just have to wait to be dissapointed by the script...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm guessing that picture that won't load for me is a picture of the cast. Would like to see it. Neutral

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Oscar Isaac was great in Inside Llewyn Davis, but he was working with the Coen brothers, and they always bring out the best in their actors. Haven't seen him in anything else.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Star Wars   - Page 20 Star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next