Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

+3
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by Orwell Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm

That sounds a much truer story than the crap Norc now believes, Halfy --- Eru bless her little cotton socks! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 pm

I was just looking for this thread having to do with shakespeare, and realized it had been norced so thoroughly I couldn't even find it based on the thread title. Razz

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

I recently saw that film Anonymous. It was brilliant, but I dont believe Shakespeare was really the Earl of Oxford, it was a very interesting view though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Hate to drag this back to some sort of topic but was the guide on page 2 (yes that far back in one night of being Norced!!) useful to you Mrs Figg?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 am

thanks for posting those explainashuns. tomorrow I am going to read it all and try it out. Its looks very detailed and its visual which helps a lot. I tend to learn better that way. Very Happy
I will let you know how I get on. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"He was a tall man with the body of a giant, cheerful in appearance with
agreeable features, broad-shouldered and big-boned, with belly in
proportion and lengthy flanks, pleasing in appearance but with a wild
look, broad in the hips, with strong arms and legs, a most spirited
fighting-man, with all his limbs very strong and firm."- description dated to the 14th century

His sword which still existsin the Wallace Museum is 5ft 4 inches long- which is a bloody big bit of metal to wave around.

He was said to be well over 2 metres tall in your fancy measurments- and back then that was really tall as people were shorter.

over 2 metres is still very tall Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 am

halwise, I didn't understand your story. (my bad english)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 pm

I really like this photo the colours are beautiful, but how do they get the colours? how do they get the rich tones of the browns and greens and overall sepia tint without altering the fleshtones? does anyone know how they got these colours?

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Enikomihalikvogueitaliajuly2012nsfw6_zpsba7fab22
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Ah well now one way would be to use Masks- but I really dont think I should go there until you have mastered layers.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

ohsodthelayerstellme!!! Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

please. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm

pretty please. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

is it masks like a Venetian Ball? do you get to wear velvet and poke someone in the shrubbery? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Really masks are a lot more complicated and less straight forward than layers and knowing how to do layers give you a good grounding in understanding masking. And no there is no pokery in the shrubbery or velvet involved- well not when Im teaching at a distance anyway!

However a sort of 'cheat' to doing a mask is to use the select tool as in the examples above- select the area of pic you want to change and then it will adjust only that area.

For example take this pic here-

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Capture1-1

Now if I use the selct tool and just draw round the beach like this-
Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Capture2-3

You can then adjust colours and hues ect and it will only effect the area you have selected, in this example I have simply increased the saturation of the sand-
Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Capture3-3

In this example I have done exactly the same but have selected the sky this time and used the colour adjust to make it a much bluer blue-
Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Capture4-2

As you can see by doing it this way you can alter areas of th epicture without effecting other areas.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Bit of fun using the techniques I've talked about. The sky and planet I rendered in Terragen2- used layers to add everything else - the airbrush on low opacity to add some shadowing round the added buildings, chucked in a gradient flare for thehell of it, used the clone brush to put the midistance building behind the brow of the hill rather in front of it and Bob's Azriel's uncle, job done- took about 20 minutes, not including rendering out the sky (about another 20).

What Odo is Doing whilst Dead.
Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop - Page 4 Layerpic2

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Odo's low res avi is a total bummer for editing

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

I fully agree Ally- if he does come back from the dead it had better be with a HI-res head.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I am trying that mask thingie, when you use the select thingie how do you get it to select a fiddly object say in the middle of the picture with lots of fiddly leaves and stuff,, like for example if you have a tree you want to change the colour of but keep the background the same as before, does the select thingie do trees?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Yo would go for something tricky wouldnt you Mrs Figg?!! Mad

In short it depends on the tree- you can use the select tool and try to draw round every branch and twig so you get the gaps between branches and foliage ect- alternatively you could try using the magic wand which selects areas by colour (I can never get it to work properly myself, its like an english lady- it never seems to grab the bits you were hoping it would).
Or you could use masks to mask of the areas you want to become transparent.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:29 pm

''its like an english lady- it never seems to grab the bits you were hoping it would)''. Petty.

waddayameen? I suppose Scottish ladies do grab yer bits, cos they are strumpets. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:15 pm

erm how do you do this? say I have an image on photoshop and i go to google images and save another image, which I want to place over the first image how do I do that. I want to use the original as a background and put the second smaller image over it. for example if you have a picture of the sea and you want a seagul in the sky, but the original doesnt have any seagulls, how do you plonk one over the other? phew that was tiring! Sleep
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

The way I have shown you already!!! Evil or Very Mad (This is almost as bad as teaching Orwell!)

Use the select tool to draw round the seagull.
edit/copy visible.
Go to your background pic edit/paste into.
Position it where you want it and save.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Here to help Mrs Figgg. And scream and rant and get crabbit too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4