Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

+3
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Empty Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 pm

otherwise A Complete Idiots Guide to Photoshop.

me being the complete Idiot. Shocked

and wanting to learn a new thing on Photoshop. Razz

1. lesson no. 1
how to use the stampy copy thingy.
I have no idea but maybe some kind person can give me a bullet point answer.
like,
1. find cup
2. find teabag
3. find kettle
4. find water
5. find elektrisity
yes really, that idiotic. Embarassed

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:34 pm

lesson no 2
how to take an object and put it somewhere else
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Empty Re: Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Mad I gave you a step by step guide (with pictures!) to how to use both on the Artistic Merits thread! Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop 398825057

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t54p90-artisitc-merits#47985

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

well I need a step by step guide for uncommonly thick people, not a step by step guide for people quick on the uptake.

Mad

and I mean thick. geek because I forgot how to do everything in your guide. You have to imagine I Am Barliman Butturbur. He wouldnt have a clue, and neither do I.

Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 pm

scratch Not sure how to make it any simpler- I mean I even included pics of what tools to select. Short of coming round your house and doing it for you not sure how to make it clearer. Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop 3392635135

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Your not the only one who cant "get it"!, I bookmarked that page Petty said,so I can refer to it later. My son showed me half a dozen times just how to "copy & paste", I dont have a PC brain either! ...I feel your pain. Surprised

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Petty, well its long sentences that get me baffled. It puts the wind up.
try
1. do this
2. do that
3. twiddle that knob
4. run

Azriel thanks, its copy and paste? phew at least I dont have to keep calling it The Stampy Thing. its a start. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:03 pm

said the actress to the bishop ! Smile

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 pm

ok I click on the stampy copy icon, and then I put it over the bit I like, then I click on the little swine and nowt happens, so I click on the mouse thingy and nowt, so then I get really Mad and give up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 pm

In gimp you have to hold down the 'control' key on your keyboard to select the bit you want to clone.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm

OH Abandon Hope all ye who sail on the desolate waters of Photoshop, and forsake thy reason to plunge into the utter depths of the deep. OH FOUL Photoshop with thy siren call so sweet, hark how trillingly sybelline thy lies betray innocent souls to besmirk thee with thine heart of dark despair, foul aspect and craven image OH WOE, OH WOE, is me.

I SMITE THEE thrice, and begone foul fiend begone!! affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 pm

step 1- use the select tool to draw round the bit you want- in this case the late Odo's head. Go to edit/copy visible.

step 2- go to the picture you want to add it to- layer/new layer.

step 3- edit/paste into

step 4 (if needed) layer/scale layer

step 5 position it where you want it

step 6 layer/merge down

step 7 select the clone tool, pick a white bit, tidy up the edges where th eold pic peeps out behind.

step 8 Bring up the original picture and hold down control and select the hat bit

step 9 clone the hat onto the head

step 10 hold down control select a bit of black, tidy up (not very well in this case as I did it quickly!)

step 11 finished!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Well said Mrs Shakespere

Barliman Butterbur learns a New Thing on Photoshop Missfiggasshakespere

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:ok I click on the stampy copy icon, and then I put it over the bit I like, then I click on the little swine and nowt happens, so I click on the mouse thingy and nowt, so then I get really Mad and give up

You do realize you are adorable, right? If it's any psychological help I use photoshop/gimp only about once or twice a year, and it's so NOT intuitive I have to refigger it out each time. So I only do it when I have enough time to be a nitwit all over again.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Yonder maiden from Cymru's verdant shore speaketh fair yet she doth perchance be mistress to that FOUL ART and I heed her not, for that way lies doom. Yonder canny lass hast fornicated with mine image and yea I say unto thee she hast conjured trickery past imagining. yea verily. Shocked

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Refigger? that sounds a bit rude. Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Ah, the joys I've had laying under the moonlight with lasses of dubious character, refiggering each other out through the long nights. *sigh*

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Never mind the ladies of the night! Can youfollow the the instructions for the vid and have you got it sussed now Mrs Figg. (And that was sussed, not sussies Mad)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Alack this doom was long foretold!
Oh moste Savage Celt. Thou hast spoke of cunning devices, by the name of Gimp. What gay trumpery ist this? what deformed and moste horrid witchery?. Methinks I liken it to a little dog that barketh, and humps thine (hand carved) oaken trestle. Speak no more of frippery knave! I swat it as doth my Lords grey palfrey swat an exceeding irritating flye.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Gimp is a free version of photoshop: almost the same but not quite. if you needed very specific directions and Petty was giving you gimp directions, you'd be confused.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:32 pm

I think she may be confused either way Halfwise!

Get GIMP Mrs Figg- its free and in my view better than photoshop and not as processor or memory intense.
The basics for what you want to do are the same however as photoshop, things might be in different places but the tools and the symbols are the same.
And if you have GIMP you can follow my guide easily and do the stuff you want to. So off you pop and download it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Anything from Adobe is an absolute resource hog. They seem to add things for no other reason than to make the processor do jumping jacks.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Very much so Halfwise- I have photoshop as it came as part of the suite that has Premire and after effects that I use for vid editing, but I never use photoshop I much prefer gimp- its faster, neater and more versatile. Free open source stuff often is- same is true of Open Office which is easily as good a word processor as Microsoft Office and is free.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm

to Gimp or not to Gimp, that is the question. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next