Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Gandalf's Beard
Ally
Old Forum
30 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Odo Banks

Demonslyr,

I loved that youtube thingee you put on. Very clever. Very funny. I must work my way through this thread if that's indicative of what folk have posted here!

As to all the 'gay' chat on this thread - it occurs to me that perhaps Sam and Frodo were gay, but because of the times they lived in, they could not fulfill their love (at least no publicly). Perhaps that's why Frodo went to Valinor in the end - to seek relief from his unrequited love. Also, did you notice Rosie Cotton never talks. Is this because in the (secret) gay hobbit world, women can't say anything of value so must remain silent, and yet they still exist physically, having some use as cattle (chattels?) for breeding purposes - you know, for the breeding of more gay children. This is another of Sam's sacrifices, you see, that we did not know about. Sam has chosen to be bi-sexual so the gay line will never die out? If I'm right about this, Tolkien's work is even deeper than I thought. Wow!

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Good One Odo. You might have something there

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Bullroarer

Very Funny Odo'! I think you might have a point there Eldorian, maybe I'm not as familiar with the text as had thought before, I need to get my facts straight on Frodo Embarassed , I sort of meant to say the sacrefice and challenges he faces are psycological ones as oposed to physical ones. I suppose I also meant to say that Sam and Frodo appear gay when reading the text in today's world, I was never suggesting they were actually homosexual, I'm not suggesting Sam was that fond of master Laughing .

Regards

Bandobras

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Eldorion

It seems I was all off in this thread. I bow to Odo's superior perception! Razz

Bullroarer wrote:I sort of meant to say the sacrefice and challenges he faces are psycological ones as oposed to physical ones.

While I definitely don't want to downplay the psychological challenges Frodo went through, he did sustain physical wounds twice (from the Witch-king on Weathertop and from Shelob). Admittedly though, these were intimately tied to the psychological troubles. I think the physical trek to Mount Doom, especially once in Mordor proper, took its toll as well, but again, this was exacerbated by the psychological effects of the Ring.

I suppose I also meant to say that Sam and Frodo appear gay when reading the text in today's world, I was never suggesting they were actually homosexual, I'm not suggesting Sam was that fond of master Laughing .

I agree with you on that, I was trying to say the same thing about people reading the text that way in a modern context.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Bandobras

Eldorion wrote:While I definitely don't want to downplay the psychological challenges Frodo went through, he did sustain physical wounds twice (from the Witch-king on Weathertop and from Shelob).

He did sustain the physical injury on weathertop, but had it been a normal blade, i.e. not one from mordor (is it called a morgal blade, i can't remember) he would have recovered much quicker and the effects would have almost completely worn off eventually, the stab he obtains from the blade unfortunately causes other physiological problems as you pointed out. Thinking about it now maybe Frodo does get knocked about a bit but not as severely as the others had i.e. Boromir dies. Frodo also gets stabbed by an Orc chief in Moria but thanks to his Mithril coat he's okey dokey, whereas Sam sustains a flesh wound.

Bandobras

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Odo Banks

My goodness, how these threads go off on tangents! I get puffed just going from thread to thread, as I don't want to miss anything. The trouble is, you never know if you'll find an interesting chat on Tom Bombadil on the Eragon thread. Or discover an interesting dissertation on cyber-dynamics on the Hobbit Songs thread! (I'm not saying you will either - that's why all this jumping and darting is so addictive - you just don't know what you might find! I'm going to check out the Smaug thread - in case there's something about American Politics on it....)

Odo

NB At no stage do I think of homosexuality when I read the Lord of the Rings. I guess I grew up in a time when there was no such thing as a homosexual. Gay people were just happy people when I was young. Times have changed, haven't they! Embarassed

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Indeed they have Odo Laughing . Nowadays, everything old seems "gay" to some. Wealthy men used wear frills and powdered wigs, or long robes (dresses) etc. In England today Judges still do. Men used to kiss each other (no tongue though Razz ), and weep more readily, both in joy and sorrow.

And gradually the very meaning of the word gay has changed, I suppose because "gay" men were the only ones to continue openly indulging in Frivolity. Locker room antics by Jocks and so-called "manly" men sometimes seem just as "gay" to me, but Jocks will deny it with their fists Rolling Eyes , which they would often use against Tolkien aficionados :ugeek: in High School while castigating THEM as "gay".

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Odo Banks

I thought those ladies way back when with their frills and wig-like hair looked a little masculine! Now I'm wiser! As to jocks, GB, I wonder... um... this is a little delicate... but I feel I need to ask...

If you're a jock, and you get drunk, and you have a bit of hanky panky with another jock - well, does this make you 'gay' or is it only the alcohol that's 'gay'?

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Hmmm! I don't think I can answer that without devolving into crudity. I think it depends on "positioning" according to "Manly" Prisoners Rolling Eyes .

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Odo Banks

Has this something to do with whether one is being the boy or being the girl? Or: "I'm not gay but once I made love to a gay!" (Censored Version). The "Manly" Prisoners bit loses me completely (though it does manage to sound saucy somehow).

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Hast hit the nail on the Head Odo. You have to see American Prison Movies or TV Shows to get the other reference.

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Odo Banks

Ooooh I see now.....

Odo

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Gandalf's Beard

This totally belongs on this thread :mrgreen: : (link missing from the PT forum)

70’s Brian Eno (Musician And Producer) Totally Looks Like Elrond From The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 70s-brian-eno-totally-looks-like-elrond

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Mean but Funny Laughing :

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Lindsay-lohan-totally-looks-like-gollum

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Apparently Gandalf came back to Middle Earth for a spell 8-) .

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Walt-whitman-totally-looks-like-gandalf

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Theoden Rocks Out???? Who knew Surprised ?

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Robert-plant

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Here's a couple for Eldorion :

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Galadriel

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Door-cats-tll-lotr-river-guardians

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Joseph Dwarf

Laughing Very Funny! I have come across this website before aswell, although I hadn't seen the Robert Plant one, hehe maybe the peoples of Rohan were bigger fans of rock than Tolkien wants us to believe!

Joseph Dwarf as was B'arelyn Dwarf

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Eldorion

I love all the TotallyLooksLike ones, especially the kitty ones! Laughing Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Yeah, I posted those especially for you Eldo :mrgreen: . There are more, but I'll wait a bit before posting more of them.

Hey, has anyone come across any obvious fan-fic parodies, or LotR comic strips, Nerd Stand Up Comics who do Tolkien routines? Post 'em if you find 'em

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Joseph Dwarf

Lolz I just found this image whilst searching Harry Potter into Google, I laughed the most after noticing Samwise modelling Hermione's hair! Laughing

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Potter

Merry Christmas All

Jospeh Dwarf as was B'arelyn Dwarf

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Viggo could have so easily played Snape! lol!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am

Ally wrote:Viggo could have so easily played Snape! lol!

Actually, I think Viggo would be the Professor Lupin (or Sirius) type! Cool (Though come to think about it, I could see Sean Bean as Sirius).

Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) would probably be Scabbers/Peter Pettigrew

Gandalf would be Dumbledore of course. Wink

Hmmm,...Snape would be a little trickier...Alan Rickman IS Snape...wait...I know....Hugo Weaving (Elrond) for Snape.

Have to give the others some thought!

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More - Page 2 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Split the Game of Thrones/TV in general stuff to Other Fantasy. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Gandalf's Beard

Hilarious Laughing . Thanks J Dwarf.

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next