Pettytyrant101
Orwell
Ally
odo banks
Old Forum
9 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BEREN AND LUTHIEN (THE ADAPTATION) - Page 7 Empty Re: BEREN AND LUTHIEN (THE ADAPTATION)

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 am

Pettytyrant101

Oooo in all my time on this forum I've never seen the Ban Hammer wielded- is their ring side seats? Durin and his Hammer of Ultimate Banning!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

BEREN AND LUTHIEN (THE ADAPTATION) - Page 7 Empty Re: BEREN AND LUTHIEN (THE ADAPTATION)

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 am

Durin

It's happened before, though perhaps you just haven't known it.

The spammers strike with their... well... spam, and then in an epic sequence of events, we hit the "delete" button on their post, and then un-hilt our mighty and Ultimate Ban Hammer.

Once the Ban Hammer is equipped, we bring out our Inspection-For-Ban-Magnifying-Glasses, looking over the person's account to see if they have perhaps posted anything of value in the past, maybe only giving them a warning if so. If not, we swing back the Ban Hammer of EPIC proportions, delivering an ultimate and final blow upon the victim, banishing them from the Realm forever.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 am

Pettytyrant101

Nice. 8-)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:28 am

Gandalfs Beard

Well, Fan Fiction isn't objectionable in itself, unless Ady decides it is. So for now, I can't see any reason to pull out the Ban Hammer.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:28 am

Eldorion

'Sort of, but so is Paul Erickson's... and his is absolutely delightful. '

True, that.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 am

Odo Banks

Is a Parody deemed to be Fan Fiction? If so, you can't make money of it, can you?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 am

Gandalfs Beard

No, Parody is Fair Use, and you are allowed to make money off it. So finish the Hobwit already.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:30 am

Eldorion

Well, parody could be argued to be a form of fanfiction, but as GB points out it's legal status is different from what one normally thinks of as fanfiction (i.e., more or less serious stories set in the word of a book/movie/TV show/etc.).

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:30 am

Tinuviel

Well, i'm glad this has gotten some attention again, because I can feel a writing storm coming...

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 am

Odo Banks

Go for it girl!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

AnaiBendai

When I was in college, my final scriptwriting project was writing a full movie script for "Beren and Luthien". I have tried to sell it to various movie makers but no one has officially "bought" it yet. In one of my rejection letters, the movie producer wrote that while my script was very good, he didn't think the story would attract a big enough audience. Why? No hobbits. No Gandalf. No One Ring. Movie producers just don't get how awesome such a film would be.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Ringdrotten

Nice, I'm impressed! Do you still have it? Not asking you to show us all of it, but would be cool to see a little bit of it

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 am

Tinuviel

That sounds amazing!!!!!! Looks like you've beat me to it Laughing Laughing Laughing And if I were you, I'd wait until after the Hobbit comes out and there's a big hype for LOTR again. And if my worst fears are correct, there'll be a romance in the Hobbit, so people will want more. Or if you're me, LESS!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 am

Odo Banks

Could be a brilliant movie this...

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 am

Gandalfs Beard

Please cast Emma Watson as Luthien if you ever get a chance to film your script AnaiBendai.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 am

Ringdrotten

First you suggest Kate Beckinsale for Itaril, now you suggest Emma Watson for Luthien.. you've got taste

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 am

Gandalfs Beard

I have very high standards that I could never hope to match with my Hobbitish build.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 am

Odo Banks

Yep... couyld dop it for me... (((GB< if only I was but twenty (or so) years younger... alas... Even Primmy and Bella - just a friend! Mad - would understand... after all, I'm only Mortal!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:35 am

Tinuviel

I agree GB, (and Odo, please!Enough with all of this disrespectability!) Emma Watson would be my first choice, too. And Collin Ferrell for Beren

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 am

Gandalfs Beard

Excellent Choice Tinuviel! AnaiBendai has a completed script, and we've cast the two main leads. Emma has Tinuviel's perfect nose, and Colin Ferrell has those smoldering eyes. I'm thinking Patrick Stewart for Luthien's father, Elu Thingol. Stewart may not be right for Smaug, but he's perfect for an iron-willed Elf-King. 8-)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 am

Pettytyrant101

A tricky, and underappreciated, role to cast will be that of Gorlim. A smallish part overall but so much hinges on the right amounts of sympathy being generated in the viewer for this 'traitor'. It would be a shame if he was reduced to a simple Judas character.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Mon May 16, 2011 2:12 am

Absolutely so! "Judas" character?! Shocked I hope PJ's not listening! No

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Or worse, his undercover agent who travels by the name of "Pippin" with his parrot snowy...or so the rumours go...

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 am

Are you getting sillier by the day, Ally, or am I just imagining it? Idea

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Odo once sounded awfully like me at times. Peculiar, really.... Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next