Ringdrotten
Gandalf's Beard
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
27 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 3 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 3 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm

You know I swear when Odo is busy working at Our Lady's Sixth Form College for Polite and Well Behaved Young Girls, that Orwell gets more brazen and out of control. Its disgraceful. Distracting Kafria from a reliable course of self-medication by buckie, proven in 9 out of 10 studies to remove all feelings of ailments, worries or mental stress, in fact all feelings, altogether. And to have a 90% success rate in reducing stress, in the short term, and the long term in those who didn't survive long enough for the study to finish.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Lovin' is what women need, Petty; makes them sleepy and content... Well, my lovin' does! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Oh btw, Petty, the guys played one of my recordings over the intercom at work during the wee hours of this morning... Then they asked me how the video was going.... Sorry, but I was so excited about it all about six years ago when you first PROMISED you'd make one, I told them I'd be on Youtube soon ... due to me having a VERY CLEVER SCOTSHOBBIT MATE who was going to make me a famous video... I do feel bad for them... They've been very patient... Err... I better mention that their trigger fingers are getting itchier by the day... and they kind of know your general location... .... .... But no pressure... no PRESSURE at all... Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

what is this maintance day? is someone gonna go through the threads and delete? clean? are the spammers going to be cast out? I don't understand ! D:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm pretty sure the original maintenance way back when had something to do with the server, but I'm not sure. It was about three and a half years ago and before my time. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 pm

It is a beloved thread this which for reasons I've forgotten, or possibly never knew in the first place, became the thread of choice for those on a spamming run.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I think the "Complaints" thread is an equal winner. Hell, the whole approach this group of knot-heads takes to "site issues" should eventually get noted and go viral.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:02 pm

It usually takes about max four posts before things go off-topic. Gold fish memory, perhaps. Wink

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKYwKZDtsGR6aHMCpYtF9dyAYT1BCVoMj9sgMYucMCon1KBZLrdg

Though, when things does go off-topic it usually stays there. So being on topic that actually being off-topic.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Okay. This is what happened. There was this MORON who went around by the name of Odo Banks. Now, the old site was using a wordpress theme that looked suspiciously like Adu (might need to check this, never been good with internet names) had illegally downloaded from the bay. This was probably why maintenance was so frequent, he was checking that all was running smoothly with the wordpress theme. Very Happy Anyway, this Odo Banks fella in polite conversation with Adu uttered the immortal words that linger on in Forumshire folklore: "Thanks Adu; I'll rearrange my schedule!"

Actually thinking about it, Odo might of replied about two years after the start of the original thread...and actually thinking about it, it was ODO, who started the tradition of spam offtopic replies! Wowzers!

But yes, the rest as they say, is Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08. cheers cheers

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Ah those were the days. Very Happy When people were serious about being disrespectable... Nod Disrespectability now has an esoteric quality... Suspect ... and it's hard to lay a glove on esoteric direspectability... Shrugging

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm

odo banks wrote:Ah those were the days. Very Happy When people were serious about being disrespectable... Nod Disrespectability now has an esoteric quality... Suspect ... and it's hard to lay a glove on esoteric direspectability... Shrugging

Er, um, I'm not sure I follow.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 pm

The forum archive over at THM.com is still down, but part of the original thread was captured by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine before the old forum was taken offline. Very Happy

http://web.archive.org/web/20101128182509/http://the-hobbit-movie.com/forum/scheduled-maintenance-today-17.html
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Oh gawd, that forum skin and stretched image! I love you (Even if I do remember saying it was probably the worlds worst forum theme at the time! Very Happy )

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Ady had a ... how do I put this ... a unique way of running way the forum. Moon
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Eldorion wrote:Ady had a ... how do I put this ... a unique way of running way the forum. Moon

A unique way of running the forum involving never talking to anyone and mysteriously changing the theme after several days of nonexplained downtime...oh yes. I remember those days. Extremely Crabbit

Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Wasn't Ady the chap who sold us like slaves to Dark Planet? And I thought him such a nice chap... Mind, I would have done the same myself, if the price was right... Good business is good business... Trouble is - it wasn't just You guys he sold, it was ME too! And that, at anytime, is wrong! Banghead

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

odo banks wrote:Wasn't Ady the chap who sold us like slaves to Dark Planet? And I thought him such a nice chap... Mind, I would have done the same myself, if the price was right... Good business is good business... Trouble is - it wasn't just You guys he sold, it was ME too! And that, at anytime, is wrong! Banghead

Glad to hear we mean that much to you Odo... :L

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

He did say he would only have done it if the price was right, Ally... Come on - even you couldn't say 'no' to the right offer... Very Happy

Anyway I'm off to bed. Had an interesting night. Parked a div van on a rock and had a hell of a time getting it off again. Had to change my uniform because of the clay and dust and sweat! Mad Sad but true story! Then I found out my div van partner was a singer/songwriter with his own Youtube clip (see Dave Davis Group). Very Happy Then I came here for a quick look-in before bed and found out there was a Thread to do with my prospective Video... pale

It's been a full night, alright - and now it's time for sleepybyes... Night all.... is that 7.15am --- already! Sleeeeeeep.... Sleep

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm

I am sure there was a birthday for a much loved Forumshire maverick upcoming, in fact the NotP already has a Birthday Special in production for the big day.
And now its gone from the upcoming users birthday notification.
And Im pretty sure I didnt miss the day (I hope not or Muirdock will sack me, and then sit on me and squash me into jelly, and then sell the jelly to Odo, and we all know what Odo does with jelly Mad )

So what happened, is the big day cancelled? Should I cancel the NotP? And, um, does anybody remember what day it is on? drunken 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm

didn't u have a birthday recently?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 pm

There was a few days that were more drunken than usual now you come to mention, but I'm sure this other persons name was there up till yesterday, and now its gone.
I assume because the person edited their profile to remove the info, leaving me wondering what to do about the delivery of the NotP.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:55 pm

You could just celebrate my birthday early instead Wink 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Problem there is that Pure Publications wont just scrap the existing Birthday Special and make a new one for you, they will see an opportunity to save money by crudely scoring out the intended persons name and substituting yours over the top, no matter how inappropriately.
Best to wait your turn when they are obliged to provide you with your own edition. For better or worse!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:07 pm

To quote the immortal Scruffy the Janitor 'Dern it'.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next