Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Norc
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kony 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kony 2012

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Well may you smile... Rolling Eyes I'm still forking out cash so they can live a carefree Western Imperialist lifestyle... Mad no one knows my pain... Sad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey! Shocked If lots of people sent me lots of money, I could keep my kids out of prostituition and army camps ---- Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 pm

nice try Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 am

From the BBC:

'Invisible Children was accused of spending most of its raised funds on salaries, travel expenses and film-making.
Bloggers also pointed out that NGO watchdog Charity Navigator had given the group only two out of four stars for financial accountability.
And an article in Foreign Affairs accused Invisible Children and other non-profits of having "manipulated facts for strategic purposes".'

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:From the BBC:

'Invisible Children was accused of spending most of its raised funds on salaries, travel expenses and film-making.
Bloggers also pointed out that NGO watchdog Charity Navigator had given the group only two out of four stars for financial accountability.
And an article in Foreign Affairs accused Invisible Children and other non-profits of having "manipulated facts for strategic purposes".'

This raises an interesting thought (to me at least). If I were to go and get employed by a Charity, and draw a nice wage from the charitable donations of others, would it make me a better person?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you Eldo for your answer ^^
I've been thinking. All this about money going not exactly where they were suppost to go, it goes for many non-profit orginasasastiondskdl. org. And if their goal is to create awarness, then they have made it. And, as it says, it is an experiment, and ofcourse, people putting up posters and all won't help.. really. But if governement and people with actual power do something because the poeple ddemand it, that's something isn't it? and it is an experiment, so if we can do this, if we "arrest" Kony, just imagen what els we can do. Think about climat change for example! If we pull this of, maybe there's hope in humanity after all. Just saying Wink

and.. ofcourse making films and travel around on seminars cost money and where would they be without the video.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Norc wrote: and it is an experiment, so if we can do this, if we "arrest" Kony, just imagen what els we can do. Think about climat change for example! If we pull this of, maybe there's hope in humanity after all. Just saying Wink

Well put, Norc Smile

Kony 2012 - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 am

The latest news on this front is that Jason Russel, the director/narrator of Kony 2012 (the one who talks to his son in the video) was arrested in San Diego on Thursday for a possibly drunken rampage in which he allegedly ran around the streets naked, vandalizing cars, and masturbating in public. There's also video of part of the incident (it has nudity but nothing too bad).

According to the group, Russel was suffering from "exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition". He was apparently not arrested but is in a psychiatric institution being evaluated and given care. The video should stand or fall on its own, but this was so surreal that I wanted to share it. You can read the full story, but the first paragraph is the most memorable part.

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Christian filmmaker behind the Internet’s most recent famous activism campaign, “Kony 2012,” has been arrested. For masturbating. And being drunk. And vandalizing cars. In public. In the morning.

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 am

Also, NBC San Diego, who helped break the story, has the absolutely perfect article in their "top stories" column next to the headline. Laughing

Kony 2012 - Page 2 Perfect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 am

Got to love life just for it being so bloody weird.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 am

I saw the news and thought, "Kony? What was that Kony thing? Oh yes, that thing that raised all that intense but fleeting outrage in us all!" Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm

That looked suspiciously like Orwell from behind. Embarassed Moon

no but really is that him? I wonder whats has happened, I guess he wont be showing his kid photos and saying "who is the weird naked guy?".
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:03 pm

{{{Sweet Son of Eru --I think I've been outed.... I better let Odo know... Shocked }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm

{{{Never mind, Orwell, I've put the money we collected somewhere very very safe... cyclops }}}

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:no but really is that him? I wonder whats has happened, I guess he wont be showing his kid photos and saying "who is the weird naked guy?".

Kony 2012 - Page 2 H03qV
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I hope the other kid's Mums at playgroup don't recognise that poor kid. He'll grow up being that kid in the 'my Dad masturbates publicly' pic! Shocked Maybe he wouldn't want that notoriety as he grows up. Tasteless and thoughtless 'joke' really. Oh well! If we get a laugh out of the poor kid, that's all that matters I s'pose....

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 pm

He already is "that kid" or "that guy's kid" since he was in the Konyo movie (which I still haven't seen btw), that he'd be further used in stuff like this doesn't surprise me. He's an easy target, an obvious joke, "just saying what everybody is thinking". It feeds the critics who said he shouldn't have been used in the movie, but no matter how you look at it I wish people would have the decency to let the kid be. Sad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 pm

seriously, say whatever you like about the guy, but please, leave the kid out of it, he is too small to understand internett and haven't said yes to this shit, his father did. so, srsly, leave the kid alone.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm looking up the Forumshire Law Manual -- I think Lord Ladedah Eldorion might be getting a ticket soon for posting Inappropriate Pics!

And to think he had the nerve to rebuke Orwell for that 'break a few eggs' comment? Shocked Look what he's prepared to do! Harm the psychology of defenseless children... Orwell (lovely hobbit I love you ) would never stoop that low! Eldorion has no conscience, methinks -- just pretends he's got one! The hypocrite! Rolling Eyes

Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Orwell wrote:He'll grow up being that kid in the 'my Dad masturbates publicly' pic! Shocked

Yeah, I'm sure that this picture will be seen by millions of people and make the kid a household name. Think of all the people who never would have heard of Kony 2012, Jason Russell, or his son if it wasn't for that picture. Oh wait, those people don't exist, because anyone seeing that picture online is practically guaranteed to be familiar with Kony 2012 already even if they haven't seen the video. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 pm

I want to know why this guy has gone suddenly fruit loop? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Orwell wrote:He'll grow up being that kid in the 'my Dad masturbates publicly' pic! Shocked

Yeah, I'm sure that this picture will be seen by millions of people and make the kid a household name. Think of all the people who never would have heard of Kony 2012, Jason Russell, or his son if it wasn't for that picture. Oh wait, those people don't exist, because anyone seeing that picture online is practically guaranteed to be familiar with Kony 2012 already even if they haven't seen the video. Rolling Eyes

You and Pontius Pilate have something in common then, Eldo. You both have clean hands. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I want to know why this guy has gone suddenly fruit loop? Shocked

Eldo, you mean? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 pm

You might have a point if the picture was actually mocking the kid or was even really about him. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see that Captain Pompous strikes again. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Eldorion wrote:You might have a point if the picture was actually mocking the kid or was even really about him. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see that Captain Pompous strikes again. Very Happy

Duck and weave all you like, Eldo - but people with eyes to see can see... Laughing

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next