Go down

Christopher Lee to return as Saruman Empty Christopher Lee to return as Saruman

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Eldorion

Via TORn

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Christopher Lee to return as Saruman Empty Re: Christopher Lee to return as Saruman

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Ringdrotten

Great! It'll be interesting to see how Saruman will be portrayed this time. Think I've mentioned this before, but I'd love to see some more "nice Saruman" scenes, I love the scene where he greets Gandalf in FotR

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Christopher Lee to return as Saruman Empty Re: Christopher Lee to return as Saruman

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Pettytyrant101

Agreed this is good news. Does anyone know if he relented on his 'no New Zealand stance' or has PJ relented and agreed to shoot the WC stuff elsewhere?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Odo Banks

Have you warmed to the White Council, Mr Tyrant?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Pettytyrant101

No- I still think it will be an unholy mess- but it would have been even worse had they gone ahead with it with someone else as Saruman. And I know what a huge Tolkien fan Mr Lee is and have some small hope an actor of his reputation and calibre might be able to occasionally turn to PJ and say 'you need to change this its nonsense Tolkien would never have written that.'

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Gandalfs Beard

Yay, Christopher Lee.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Pettytyrant101

Just curious but is Lee confirmed or not? In the link Chris provides on the Frodo thread it says that; 'Orlando Bloom and Christopher Lee are currently in negotiations.' And that article is dated Jan 18th 2011.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 am

As a belated answer to Petty's question, I think the answer is yes. Lee's official site still says that he is signed on and TORn's main cast page lists him as confirmed. I assume that the article from the 28th was simply in error.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:54 am

Yep -- I can confirm it now, guys. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down