Ringdrotten
Lorient Avandi
Orwell
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The 2011 Annual Forumshire Awards - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2011 Annual Forumshire Awards

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I would like to nominate Eldo my own personal award for helping wandering Breelanders finding their weary way back to Bree, avoiding Barrows and crawling yucky hands, well done old bean, I will make your award out of bread soaked in buckie and hardened with dragon wind. Razz

Aww thanks, and er ... thanks. Razz Can I claim a part in both Forumshire and Bree-land's endurance through difficult times? Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Annual Forumshire Awards - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2011 Annual Forumshire Awards

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm

yes I certainly think thats true santa
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Have you asked Kafria first? Or do you just stand around behind her with buckie soaked bread waiting?

Extremely Crabbit Hey!!!! Banghead

That's mean. And a lady doesn't, dontcha know! Rolling Eyes

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 pm

A lady might not but I suspect dragons do! Wink And Mayor's almost certainly do! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lester Cat Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Am i too late to get a mention?
I'll take Worst IT skills on a public forum for starters.

Lester Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 pm

You have quite appropriately been added to the Most Enigmatic award nominnes. Only appropriate as you turn up right in time for the awards after a long absence doing the equivelent of wondering annoyedly where your food bowl has gone and why your comfy spot isn't where it was! And you are affter all the current holder of the award! Suspect

ps welcome back Lesters Cat cheers - your interjections have been missed.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I think worst IT skills must be a cat thing, cos I cant even change my desktop picture. cats are crap at IT, Ginger Meggs tells me.

cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 pm

It's great to see you here, Lester! I'm glad we finally got everything working for you. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Whats happened to the awards? I was hoping to see shots of candidates sidling out of the botox back sack and crack waxing salon, or stretch limos waiting outside Forumshire to take the lucky winners to the annual Appeasers Ball?

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:51 pm

The list on the front page is open to amendment for 24 hours. As of the 29th voting in each category will start- but I'll post about that on the day. The awards will be annnounced at roughtly 8pm (GMT) on New Years Day assuming all the votes have been counted and I'm not a) still too drunk b) still too hungover or c) hanging upside down from the back of a door (again-its a long story)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Whats happened to the awards? I was hoping to see shots of candidates sidling out of the botox back sack and crack waxing salon, or stretch limos waiting outside Forumshire to take the lucky winners to the annual Appeasers Ball?

Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am

I notice the first post says "nominations pending" for the best/worst trailer moments, though I'd recommended a number of nominations. Are those nominations acceptable?

Also, if it's not too late I think that since we've gotten to see a bit more of the project so far, we should have the best/worst decisions by PJ so far. Very Happy

Best: Casting Martin Freeman as Bilbo, Including at least some of the songs, Bringing back Ian McKellen

Worst: Filming in 3D, Including scenes with Old Bilbo and Frodo, Including the White Council.

Obviously the categorization of these is in some question. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:00 am

I will fill out the blanks in the remaining categories later today so voting can begin officially this evening (from my pov)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 am

Sounds good to me! I can't wait. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:24 pm

The categories have been set on the first page.

*****Voting is now open*****

To vote simply pm me your choices. So for vote one for example it would be 'Hobbit movie -1.C, 2-A, 3-A' etc for example.
The exeption to this are the best and worst dwarf category- just name your dwarf. And the best male/female award, again just suppy a name as your choice.
And may the best hobbit lad or lass win!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 pm

I had a look over the finalized nominees and it looks great! Very Happy I'll send off my votes when I have enough time to think over everything. Very Happy

Just one quick question though: under Movie Award 6 (characters most looking forward to seeing) Smaug and Beorn are listed together as one entry. Was that intentional since they'll both be CGI, presumably, or should we vote for them separately?

A great job, Petty; I'm really glad this is back and can't wait to see who wins. Cheers!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Um they should have been seperated! Embarassed But as folks have begun voting already I will leave it as is.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

Done bounce bounce
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Um they should have been seperated! Embarassed But as folks have begun voting already I will leave it as is.

Actually, I just looked again and Smaug is listed twice (once on his own and once with Beorn). I assume the latter entry was supposed to be just Beorn. Perhaps you could send out PMs asking for vote clarification to anyone who voted for Smaug and/or Beorn just to keep that category fair? Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 am

Ive removed Beorn from that option- if anyone did vote 'f' in that category let me know to clarify your vote- and apoligies for the error! Embarassed

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 am

Lookin' good! Also, I voted; hope the ballot got through. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Votes have indeed been arriving thick and fast. Looking like a good turn out this year! Nod Hopefully those who have yet to vote will do so with continued enthusasim. And to those who already have well done for taking part in the democratic processess of Forumshire! cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Going to have rewatch the trailer to vote in the dwarf section, me thinks... Very Happy

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Saradoc wrote:Going to have rewatch the trailer to vote in the dwarf section, me thinks... Very Happy

VOTE THORIN, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. Remember Richard as Guy? Go on my dear... Razz (Whatever anyone says BBC's version of Robin Hood was marvelous Smile )

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 pm

I might vote for Thorin if he, you know, looked like a dwarf.

Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next