Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”

+2
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
6 posters

Go down

Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”  Empty Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:52 pm

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/11/15/50267-andy-serkis-says-hobbit-trailer-to-hit-around-christmas/

IGN caught up with Andy Serkis and, among other things, asked him when fans can expect the first trailer for The Hobbit. Here’s what Andy had to say:

“There will be a trailer fairly soon, actually. Around Christmas time, I believe.”

Besides reprising his role as Gollum, Serkis has also taken up duties as Second Unit Director on the films, concerning which he says:

“It’s quite fascinating, I’m having a ball. It’s a huge operation, really. We’re on the road at the moment, at various different locations on South Island in New Zealand. There are some truly remarkable landscapes that we’re filming in. It’s just stunning.”

Andy also spoke a bit about shooting in 5K at 48 fps. To read the entire interview, head over to IGN.

cheers

Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”  Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”  Empty Re: Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

I noticed that on TORn and joined briefly in the speculation on their forums (where I've been inactive for quite some time). I think that the trailer will probably be with the second Sherlock Holmes movie, which is a Christmas release and comes from sister studio Warner Bros. A lot of people suspect it will be attached to The Adventures of Tintin because of Jackson's and Serkis' involvement with that film, but as far as I know the studio will be handling the marketing, not the director(s).

In any event, very exciting news and I now have something more to look forward to in December, in addition to an excellent lineup of movies. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”  Empty Re: Andy Serkis Says Hobbit Trailer To Hit “Around Christmas”

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:56 am

Andy the ape

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/awards-campaign/posts/exclusive-andy-serkis-emotional-goodbye-as-ceasar-in-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 am

The campaign to have motion-capture acknowledged as real acting was started mainly by Serkis' own work as Gollum, so it's nice to see him continue to get recognition from other actors. It would be nice if the Academy would finally recognize that as well, but I think Serkis' accomplishments stand on their own regardless. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 am

Here here Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 am

Oscar for Andy ?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-reel-breakdown/andy-serkis-talks-hobbit-rise-planet-apes-animal-201556387.html
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 pm

With The Hobbit now only ten months away (not that we’re counting the days or anything), cast and crew interviews are beginning to find their way back from Middle-earth.

Andy Serkis has been the latest to give an update on proceedings, and says the new technology on offer to Peter Jackson has made the set a joy to work on.

“It’s fantastic,” says Serkis of his return to New Zealand. “What’s great is that, with the technology, we can shoot on a live-action set. I don’t have to go back and repeat the process. There’s no disconnect anymore."

“When I’m acting with my fellow actor on a live-action set, it’s all for real and whatever happens between those two actors is what’s recorded,” he explains. “The live-action actor is recorded with film cameras while my performance as Gollum is recorded with performance capture cameras.”

What’s also different this time around, is that Serkis has been involved behind the camera as well. “Because I’m directing the Second Unit on The Hobbit, I feel very at home with Middle-earth,” continues the star.

“I feel equipped to be Peter’s eyes and ears on the Second Unit, which is a big operation. We’re covering a lot of stuff. We shoot everything from drama to aerial shots to battle sequences. I’m very pleased to be at this point."

And as for Gollum? Well, seeing as this film is a prequel to The Lord Of The Rings, he’s a little different to how we remember. “All I can say is that he’s 60 years younger,” says Serkis, “and a lot more handsome.”

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey opens in the UK on 14 December 2012.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:09 pm

I continue to be impressed with how far motion-capture technology has come in the past ten years. It was impressive to begin with but it's become so much more natural and detailed. Huge props to Weta and the other effects houses who have worked on it. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm

I can't wait to see Gollum again. I mean, with all this new technology! He was great then, but just imagen now!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I cant wait for Smaug, or Beorn turning into a bear. bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I cant wait for Smaug, or Beorn turning into a bear. bounce

That'd be 'Radagast' turning into a bear, Mrs Figg.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 pm

if you say so! Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh the rumour's definitely out and about, Mrs Figg. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I thought LOTR established that Radagast turned into a moth. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm

yes defo a Moth rendeer thats a moth btw, not a raindeer.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:54 am

I can see the resemblance. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 am

It was just announced that Andy Serkis has signed with CAA (Creative Artists Agency), a prominent sports and entertainment agency in Los Angeles. The agency, whose A-list clients include such stars as George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Sandra Bullock, and Julia Roberts, will rep Serkis as an actor, writer, and director. In addition, the agency will rep his performance capture studio, The Imaginarium, which Serkis formed with producer Jonathan Cavendish last year.

Serkis will continue to be managed by Larry Taube of Principal Entertainment and Lou Coulson Associated in the UK.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down