The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig.

2 posters

Go down

The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig. Empty The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm

This is an odd one. As you all you know I keep a reasonable eye on the poilitcal scene, particularly here in Scotland. Yet I had something brought to my attention today which I had never heard of and which it is suprisingly hard to find any mainstream information on.
To set the scene, 10 years ago a young girl with down-syndrome by the name of Holly Greig was systammetically abused by a peodophile ring which included a leading Grampian Police Chief (now dead) and a Sherriff (Judge) in Grampian (still serving).
Her mother, when it was discovered reported it to the police.
Now it all gets a bit odd.
The families lawyer was jailed for reporting the story to the press. Hollies uncle, who according to the family walked in on her beig abused truned up murdered in a burnt out car a few weeks later.
In Scotland the Loird Advocate is the head of the judiciary, it is their job to decide in high profile cases if a prosecution should go ahead and also to keep the public through the press informed of updates in the case. THis is from the BBC5 website- teh only reference to the case I have so far been able to find on the BBC.

"For those of us following the Hollie Greig case, it is particularly shocking that when challenged about the lack of action from Scotland’s prosecutors and the police, instead of a statement from the Lord Advocate stating her position, a persistent stream of threatening letters from a Mr Callum Anderson of Scottish law firm, Levy & McRae have been issued on her behalf.
The question that sprung to my mind when I saw these communications was, what is Ms Angiolini, the Lord Advocate of Scotland, afraid of that she feels the need to hide behind solicitors letters?
A previous incident reported on by the Telegraph involving Ms Angiolini in her role as Procurator Fiscal for Grampian, Highlands and Islands was delayed by Ms Angiolini, and by the time it came before a Sheriff, it was deemed that too much time had passed, and that the case could not be heard – it had taken Ms Angiolini three years to process the case.
The girl involved was left devastated, and an “apology” was issued by Ms Angiolini.
But there is another fact that jumps right off the page when reading about this incident – the Sheriff who heard the case was none other than Sheriff Buchanan, the very Sheriff implicated in the abuse of Hollie Greig.
We now have two distinct cases of alleged paedophilia, involving the same officials of the Judiciary in Scotland, where a perversion of the course of justice seems to have taken place.
Are there others, I wonder?
As a final aside, Levy & McRae still refuse to say whether they are acting for Ms Angiolini the person, or Ms Angiolini the Lord Advocate, and whether or not Scottish taxpayer money is being used to fund Mr Anderson’s threats."

And this from the BBC. Odder and odder. But thats not the end of it. Despite no charges ever been made, no case brought and the legal establishment blocking all attempts by th epess to find out what went ont in 2009 "It was reported that Greig received a payout of £13,500 from the criminal injuries compensation authority, and was described by Detective Inspector Iain Allen of Grampian Police as “a truthful witness to the best of her ability and an entirely innocent victim.”
So why the payout by the official body of the legal system?
And most recntly the lawyer of the family was arrested by Grampian police. He has been banned from speaking about the case in public and from accusing the named Judge. This is a copy odf aletter sent by Mr Green's MP to the Scottish Scottish government;

"“On 13th of February, whilst Mr Robert Green was being held in custody by your officers in Aberdeen, Grampian Police raided Mr Green’s home in Warrington alongside two police officers from the Cheshire Constabulary: an unusual action considering that Mr Green was only being held on a Breach of the Peace charge,“ the letter from Mowat to Grampain Chief Constable Colin McKerrachar says.
When Mr Green enquired with Warrington Magistrates to see if they had a copy of the warrant, they did not have one. The Cheshire Police also did not have a copy of the warrant. When Cheshire Police contacted Detective Serjeant Brian Geddes, who led the raid, they were given an assurance that a copy would be posted to Mr Green without delay. This copy has still not arrived.”
The letter states that Owen Paterson MP spoke to a Grampian Police to express his concern that many of the documents seized during that raid were personal documents belonging to a constituent of his and relating to a possible legal action against Grampian Police.
“[She] informed him that the warrant had been arranged by a “PC Greades”. Further investigations have shown that “PC Greades” was in fact PC Vreades, but PC Vreades denies any knowledge of such a document and claims that as he has only been a Constable for four years, he would not have had the authority to issue such a document anyway,” the letter says.
And finally there is this the most recent activity surrounding the case;

"The Scottish Government has been ordered to respond to correspondence sent to the First Minister Alex Salmond in connection with the Hollie Greig sex abuse case.
The letter, which posed six questions into the manner of the investigation and handling of the case was sent on 28 January and had received no response, despite a series of reminder letters.
The Information Commissioner has now ruled that the Scottish Ministers have failed to comply with their obligations under Sections 10(1) and 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act.
Ministers are now “required” by the Commissioner to respond to the letter by 11 July.
“If the Ministers fail to comply with my decision I have the right to certify to the Court of Session that the Ministers have failed to comply,” Commissioner Kevin Dunion said.
“The Court of Session can treat this failure as a contempt of court.”

Well the 11th of July has been and gone and I can find nothing else about the case more recent. What is going on here? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig. Empty Re: The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig.

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Sounds all very duplicitous to me. Do I detect that some police, though, have acted "wrongly" to do "rightly" by the poor girl? Pretending there's a warrant so they can maybe find evidence supporting the victim? In my country, bending the law to wrongly charge an innocent person is unlawful, and it's also unlawful, and even worse, to bend rules to try and help legitimate victims. Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig. Empty Re: The Strange and Worrying case of Holly Greig.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Not sure how raiding the flat of the lawyer for the fmily whose daughter was abused would help her case. I really don;t know what to make of it. Information on the case from official sources is almost invisible, normal channels of press reporting completely ailent. And yet at its worst it would seem to imply a peadophile ring wrking within the upper echolons of the Scottish judiciary and POlice force. Which is a terrifying prospect.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Not sure how raiding the flat of the lawyer for the fmily whose daughter was abused would help her case. I really don;t know what to make of it. Information on the case from official sources is almost invisible, normal channels of press reporting completely ailent. And yet at its worst it would seem to imply a peadophile ring wrking within the upper echolons of the Scottish judiciary and POlice force. Which is a terrifying prospect.

Did I skim again and draw the wrong conclusion? Sorry, I just have this fantasy of cops helping the innocent, nobly breaking rules, and thumbing their nose at Big Brother (who employs them) in doing so. Dream on....

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 am

Mmm... do I still agree with what I said here? Mmm.. ????

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am

I have no idea and info on this case continues to be suspicously scarce or absent altogether. Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 am

Indeed.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have no idea and info on this case continues to be suspicously scarce or absent altogether. Suspect

Indeed (again... Very Happy )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 pm

No more news? scratch

Orwell

Back to top Go down