Ringdrotten
Sinister71
Tinuviel
19 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Worst Case Scenarios Empty Worst Case Scenarios

Post by Tinuviel Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:43 pm

I thought it would be fun to speculate exactly what will happen in the next Hobbit film based on what we've seen. Basically, guess what PJ will do with a scene in the worst case scenario.
Like if he resurrects Smaug for the battle of the five armies! Shocked 

My prediction: Tauriel will be the guard on duty when the dwarves escape. Bilbo will be watching as she ushers the dwarves into barrels and jump on one at the last second. Without the ring on. Legolas finds out and tattles, so that's why the Tarzan elves are surfing on trees after them. Simultaneously, the elves are being attacked by Azog, and Azog is just lucky that the dwarves are there to. So there's a huge battle sequence during a scene that is all about being incognito and sneaky.

I'm sure you all can do better Twisted Evil 

Worst Case Scenarios Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Worst Case Scenarios Empty Re: Worst Case Scenarios

Post by Sinister71 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 pm

I was reading some Tolkien stuff and was thinking. I wonder if Jackson will actually use material from the appendices that relate to Thranduil and the battle under the trees. Where the elves of Mirkwood assist Galadriel in an attack on DolGuldur. In a way beefing up Thranduil and the wood elves roll for the second film, which might be why the trailer was so elf heavy. Plus that would also allow them to end the DolGuldur plot at the end of DOS allowing TABA to focus more on the story of the Hobbit and move away from the Necromancer

I personally wouldn't mind seeing something like that since it actually is based on Tolkien but Jackson's track record for using the appendices is zero at this point. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Someone said in another thread not long ago that the writers couldn't possibly f*** up the dialogue between Bilbo and Smaug, and it occured to me that they very possibly can - they showed how good they are at pissing all over good dialogue when they ruined the Gandalf/Saruman scene in FotR. The worst scenario I can think of off the top of my head is that they do something similar with the conversation between Bilbo and Smaug pale 

Worst Case Scenarios Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

do yer know, PJ is fooking this up so much Im half forgetting how the story ACTUALLY goes ! Well we've got Beorn to look forward to but, I bet PJ has the dwarves finding an empty homestead, they sneak in like "Goldilocks", Beorn comes home REALLY pissed off that someones broke in, Dwarves dont know who Beorn is cos Gandalf's buggered off with Poop face to get brave & feisty at DolGuldur & whap his sword about while poop face quivers & cries hysterically, There's a fight between Dwarves & Beorn then hey ho, they all make friends, especially as Thorin does his moody "I dare you" stare.

Worst Case Scenarios Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Worst Case Scenarios Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 am

I have a feeling Tauriel and Kili will snog
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:11 am

taurirel and gladradrirl should #liberalhobbbit

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:11 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Someone said in another thread not long ago that the writers couldn't possibly f*** up the dialogue between Bilbo and Smaug, and it occured to me that they very possibly can - they showed how good they are at pissing all over good dialogue when they ruined the Gandalf/Saruman scene in FotR. The worst scenario I can think of off the top of my head is that they do something similar with the conversation between Bilbo and Smaug pale 
I think the encounter between Bilbo and Smaug is already doomed. At this point in the films Bilbo has done none of his deeds he claims to Smaug and the Barrel sequence looks like it will be completely different, Bilbo doesn't actually think he drowns the dwarfs since the barrels are open, so IMO his deeds up to the encounter with Smaug will be significantly different so the dialogue will unfortunately end up changed drastically. IMO not for the better since I think Jackson's original dialogue is awful personally

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 am

Im looking forward to the scene where  Pj is nailed up to ceiling by his ball sack inside the Lonely Mountain and flamed to death by Smaug - oh sorry, that ones just in my head.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 am

lol! 

Worst Case Scenarios Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Worst Case Scenarios Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 am

you never know it might end up like Riddles and quite ok, but then again maybe not
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Im looking forward to the scene where  Pj is nailed up to ceiling by his ball sack inside the Lonely Mountain and flamed to death by Smaug - oh sorry, that ones just in my head.
Unfortunately not bound to happen since Jackson has too many people kissing his ass telling him how good a job he did on the Hobbit Evil or Very Mad  Those of us with a different opinion are a smaller percentage than those who like the film again unfortunately But I have always admired free thought instead of following the mainstream and have always had a strong opinion of what I think is right. Personally I think where Jackson stuck close to the book he got it pretty right Thumbs Up  the rest of the film IMO  Shrugging was a tragedy
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:33 am

if he did what petty just said that wouldn't be very keeping in the spirit of the novel #pjcantwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:44 am

I dunno, plenty deaths at the end of the hobbit.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:48 am

i haven't read THAT FAR YET SPOILERS ugh some people

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I dunno, plenty deaths at the end of the hobbit.
Man talk about spoiling it Evil or Very Mad 

I haven't seen all three of Jackson's movies yet, Idea  they might not die you never know Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:10 am

Well I didnt say who would die- and the third film is called the Battle of However Many Armies PJ Decides to Make Up by Then Part 1- so obviously some people somewhere will die. Shrugging 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 am

yeah there will be so much extra material and so much story to tell Jackson will have to cut the third film into 2 parts and make 4 films of it. They just haven't announced that yet, they'll wait till next year for that. then there will have to be MORE pick up shoots and when its all over there will be 14 armies, the necromancer will be a general of one, and it will be bigger than any other middle earth battle on film Shocked 

Then Radagast will have his own spin off movie with The Witch king of Angmar being the main villian. albino  

And I can't forget They will rewrite the scouring of the Shire to be a whole new film all on it own because we all know Tolkien was going to do that eventually right after his complete rewrite of the Hobbit cheers 

That's how its all gonna play out :facepalm:

Last edited by Sinister71 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 am

albino  we have bunnies albino 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am

Mrs Figg wrote:albino  we have bunnies albino 
ok I fixed it LOL

Thanks Figgs

Last edited by Sinister71 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:33 am

Sinister71 wrote:
Then Radagast will have his own spin off movie with The Witch king of Angmar being the main villian. albino  

That's how its all gonna play out :facepalm:
Watch for this. Somewhere deep in the labyrinths of Warner Bros. there is a cabal of attorneys calculating how they can create spinoffs under the Hobbit trademark that can be packaged and sold to Disney for when they're done disnifying Star Wars. It will have zero Tolkien content so the estate can't sue for copyright infringement.

Just watch. You'll see....Nod 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:15 am

So a bunch of washed up but still famous kick-ass hoebutts led by Sylvestros Stallion will band together to take on those nasty dorcs? It will be a new franchise called "The Extendables". Nod 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:19 am

I think the worst (semi-plausible) case scenario I can think of is if PJ somehow works adult!Aragorn or Denethor into the battles at Dol Guldur and Erebor. That ones definitely a long shot, though, and there's been no evidence to substantiate the rumors, thankfully.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:27 am

Eldorion wrote:I think the worst (semi-plausible) case scenario I can think of is if PJ somehow works adult!Aragorn or Denethor into the battles at Dol Guldur and Erebor.  That ones definitely a long shot, though, and there's been no evidence to substantiate the rumors, thankfully.
I heard a rumor that Viggo said "no" because Aragorn wasn't in the book and he didn't think it made sense for the character to be there. Just a rumor but knowing Viggo from interviews I wouldn't doubt that it was true
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:50 am

Worst case scenarios...hmmmm.

Well, we know that orcs and elves will pursue the company into Laketown and that Tauriel will heal a little girl with some sort of elf-magic  (revealed in the Empire magazine article I think?). The worst case scenario for this, for me, is very Disney-esque and involves a lot of fairy dust and prancing around. If it sounds like filler, it's filler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4Pzwpde7c

We know there will be some sort of confrontation between the dwarfs and Shmowguh. This will undoubtedly turn into an extended action sequence. But for a worst possible scenario: Thorin and Shmowguh parley, and the entire scene detracts from Bilbo's bravery. I have a feeling that it will at least accomplish the latter. Here we have the little old burglar fulfilling his end of the bargain, being extremely brave while the dwarfs didn't dare enter the mountain. So we will have Bilbo's bravery followed by an action sequence where our "hot," "sexy" dwarfs one-up the hobbit. Screw Bilbo! The audiences don't want the heroism of the little-guy! They want a mind-numbing action sequence! For me, this whole scene will be a worst case scenario. Mad

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:56 am

You left out the love scene between Tauriel and Thorin. We all were willing to endure the first movie so long as we get to the steamy parts in the second one. Nod 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next