Tinuviel
Orwell
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
chris63
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Drogo Baggins ?

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:02 pm

I could see Elrond being a tad ambivalent towards humans though, if Aragorn triumphed, that meant the fading of the Elves from the world, the eventual diminishing of Rivendell and the loss of his daughter. He would have had to be made of stone not to have some teeny reservations and niggles when it came to Men and in particular Aragorn.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Kahl Drogo?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Kahl Drogo Baggins

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Norc wrote:Kahl Drogo?

Speaking of similarities between the two series, I just realized today that House Reyne of Castamere (the rebel Westerlands house whose destruction by the Lannisters was commemorated in the song "The Rains of Castamere") has almost the same exact name as Castamir the Usurper, who seized the throne of Gondor from the rightful king, his mixed-race cousin Eldacar, sparking the civil war known as the Kin-strife. Coincidence? I have no idea, but if anyone Castamirs/Castameres sign up on the forum, I'm keeping a close eye on them. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Interesting, Eldo! He does like to put in references to all sorts of stuff, so perhaps you're onto something Very Happy

Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Speaking of similarities between the two series, I just realized today that House Reyne of Castamere (the rebel Westerlands house whose destruction by the Lannisters was commemorated in the song "The Rains of Castamere") has almost the same exact name as Castamir the Usurper, who seized the throne of Gondor from the rightful king, his mixed-race cousin Eldacar, sparking the civil war known as the Kin-strife.  Coincidence?  I have no idea, but if anyone Castamirs/Castameres sign up on the forum, I'm keeping a close eye on them. Suspect
yeah, true. also, the term "usurper" is used frequently in GOT, i can't remember by whom, either the targaryens or lannisters/barateon. {{{god these names!}}}
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

tolkien is a huge inspiration thoguh, he said it himself.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

also:
Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Tumblr_n5si6jhFTq1tvespno1_500
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Speaking of similarities between the two series, I just realized today that House Reyne of Castamere (the rebel Westerlands house whose destruction by the Lannisters was commemorated in the song "The Rains of Castamere") has almost the same exact name as Castamir the Usurper, who seized the throne of Gondor from the rightful king, his mixed-race cousin Eldacar, sparking the civil war known as the Kin-strife.  Coincidence?  I have no idea, but if anyone Castamirs/Castameres sign up on the forum, I'm keeping a close eye on them. Suspect

how weird is this? I dreamed all last night with the Rain of Castamere song in my dreams.  pale 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Norc wrote:
yeah, true. also, the term "usurper" is used frequently in GOT, i can't remember by whom, either the targaryens or lannisters/barateon. {{{god these names!}}}

Robert Baratheon is referred to as The Usurper by the Targaryens and those who support them Smile

Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Norc wrote:also:
Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Tumblr_n5si6jhFTq1tvespno1_500
 Rolling Eyes

Drogo Baggins ? - Page 3 Tumblr_n5ki4sQCs61tvespno1_1280
 Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Norc wrote:

Robert Baratheon is referred to as The Usurper by the Targaryens and those who support them Smile
HAH! 12 points goez to NOORC!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 am

But the international panel of judges suddenly deduct 11 points for egregious non-capitalization of key Game of Thrones family names!
The crowd boos lustily, but the five international judges ignore their outraged calls and drink more soda.

Norc is  Sad   The crowd is   Mad , but the judges just  Rolling Eyes. Except one of them, who leans back in his seat quite  drunken.

7 points are awarded to Forest for diligence in the face of Norwegian misspelling!

Norc: 1
Forest: 7

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:31 am

HEY! u can't even pronounce Beorn or Smaug, or even Gandalf, now give me back my points, u are no judge!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

The crowd murmurs in agreement with Norc's daring words, but Forest hesitantly pulls a microphone toward him and counters that he is merely spell-checking.
By popular anarchist vote, he is deducted 3 points for insolence, while Norc is applauded loudly and offered 4 points in recompense. The judges panel seems distracted however, as the drunken one is adjusting his sporran in public.
Norc: 5
Forest: 4
Democratic Anarchists:  Cool 

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Eldorion wrote:

Well, to paraphrase George himself.  Razz 

"I pull that shit all the time. The Three Stooges are in the first book if you look closely enough."

Also, there's Sam of course.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3