Comic Con Stuff!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Comic Con Stuff!  Empty Comic Con Stuff!

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:31 am

So there will be a cast panel at Comic Con tomorrow, I'm looking forward to hearing more of them speak. And yelling at the crowd Q&A if they're annoyingly gushy. Mad Mad

Speaking of blatant marketing, they've been putting up building-sized posters here and there:
Comic Con Stuff!  LOTR-Rings-of-Power-Comic-Con-mural

Comic Con Stuff!  Img_3888

Comic Con Stuff!  ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F44%2F86%2F1b105af344758ffc795c0e5b8a2a%2Frings.jfif

There's also a giant one of red!Galadriel on a skyscraper in LA, but I couldn't find a picture.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Comic Con Stuff!  Empty Re: Comic Con Stuff!

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:32 am

"The Journey Begins"

Get out of here! That's LotR and The Hobbit's tag-line!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:57 am

At first I thought you were attending, then I noticed "you couldn't find a picture". But you're still tuned in more than most of us, keep us alerted to developments.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Haha, yeah I'll never go to Comic Con. My cousin, his wife, and some of his friends are down there this year though.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:23 pm

I once shared a convention hall with comic con in New Orleans. Perfect fit. Costumes were amazing.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:31 pm

Wait, am I retarded? It might just be Fellowship of Fans sitting around and talking about stuff.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:35 pm

Damnit, of course it is.

WHERE'S THE BLOODY Q&A!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Found it Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:00 pm

Yeah so apparently the actual Q&A is not available, of course, until later. This is just a side-one where they split the cast into two parts and interviewed each separately.
I believe that one was done by Patton Oswalt, and the other done by Felicia Day.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:06 pm

Wow, by pure happenstance I happened to fire it up just as it was starting.

- I like using a stand up comic as an interviewer.

- the actor from Numenor (EDIT: Elendil!) has a very spot-on take on it.  Thumbs up.

- they are all very nit picky about the various pronunciations of "R" (tapped vs rolled).  Another thumbs up.

- Mirial actress looks much more the part in person than while, um, dressed for the part.  Also picky about pronunciation.

I actually joined AFTER they showed the new trailer.  From what I saw from the actors, I was feeling much, MUCH better about this thing - they seemed to really know the lore and understand the Tolkien's storyline and themes.  Then they showed the new trailer again and all the misgivings rose up.   I'm hoping whoever is putting these trailers together doesn't know what the hell they are doing, because the writing just seems terrible.

From the actors I get the impression that they really did preserve the key storyline, just compressed it for the sake of making a coherent production.  Hearing the actors demonstrate how well they really understand Tolkien gives me a lot of hope, but oh OMG can the spoken lines from the trailer be any worse??

Last edited by halfwise on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:47 pm

I don't know, I just felt jaded seeing Miriel's actress next to the other cast members. Such a lovely timbre from Elendil's actor, and then in the trailer it looks as though Miriel is going to unite with Galadriel against the wicked MEN of Numenor. :facepalm:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:52 pm

I think you may be over interpreting a bit much (you didn't complain about Isildur seeming to be another race).  Miriel would be well placed to play this made up role of sneaking in Galadriel to look in the Palantir of Numenor (seems like Elendil wasn't the only one to get a set).  Tolkien cast no aspersions on her, so her part as aligning with an elf does fit.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:12 pm

I'll send you a nice bottle of wine when these concerns of mine are swept aside by the show lol.

https://www.facebook.com/LOTRonPrime/videos/409765174462807

Here's the other half of the post-Hall H Q&A.
nvm it's all fucked up

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:20 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:I don't know, I just felt jaded seeing Miriel's actress next to the other cast members. Such a lovely timbre from Elendil's actor, and then in the trailer it looks as though Miriel is going to unite with Galadriel against the wicked MEN of Numenor. :facepalm:

yep me too. Most of the actors seem to know their stuff, but Miriel chick looks too Hollywood, Meghan Markle Hollywood teeth. Isildir actor is half Russian half English so not a different race.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:26 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:I'll send you a nice bottle of wine when these concerns of mine are swept aside by the show lol.

If the show sweeps aside all concerns, drinks are on me!

I just don't think the Miriel/Galadriel team-up is that obvious of the gurrrl power move. But I may be wrong.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 pm

halfwise wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:I'll send you a nice bottle of wine when these concerns of mine are swept aside by the show lol.

If the show sweeps aside all concerns, drinks are on me!

I just don't think the Miriel/Galadriel team-up is that obvious of the gurrrl power move.  But I may be wrong.
I bet one of those mega-bottles of wine that you are, but we shall see.
What are they called... like Methuselah bottle or something...
Or here it is, yeah I bet a Jeroboam that Galadriel and Tar-Miriel flex gurrrl power.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:10 pm

Here's the Hobbit-focused one, with an actually pleasant host for a change:

And the elves and dwarves one:

I'm really not a fan of Robert ArrMeMayo for Elrond. No

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:09 pm

Markella has black hair?

Other than that I couldn't be arsed to watch the hobbit one: no Tolkien characters so I couldn't figure out why I cared.

In the dwarf and elf one, nothing that excited me, except that the guy who plays Celebrimbor realizes there are various versions of his story in the material.  

The first interview posted with Galadriel etc was the best one.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:15 pm

I just want to see the big Hall H one. Smile

Who's Markella?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:08 am

Markella Kavanaugh, the first actor cast. Plays a hobbit.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:36 am

No, it's dyed. That's why it looks so god-awful. Really black hair dye NEVER looks good.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:42 am

Release all manner of footage and stills showing dwarven women without beards.
Tell everyone in Hall H not to worry, because the dwarven women will have beards in the show.

What is that supposed to mean?

https://www.gamesradar.com/lord-of-the-rings-series-amazon-sdcc-2022-panel/

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:43 am

"Charles Edwards is playing none other than Celebrimbor, responsible for the creation of the One Ring. The actor pointed out that Tolkien wrote Elves as unhappy, and Celebrimor could very easily be manipulated by an outside influence."

Very accurate article rofl.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:59 am

Are you expecting accuracy from a gaming site? But if any of it is reported accurately, egad.

Attendees also got to see an "uptight, aloof" Elrond in Moria undertaking a Dwarven endurance test, up against Durin IV. The stakes are very high: Elrond will be banished if he loses. The clip was described as "tense and unapologetically Lord of the Rings-ian," clearly showcasing the series' huge budget.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next