We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 39 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by halfwise Tue May 18, 2021 3:41 pm

Yeah the Moderna doesn't seem to have much effect on folks from middle age on. It's the youngsters who are being knocked out for days, bless their buzzy immune systems trying to make a mark on the world. Mine just goes "another virus? Been there, done that."

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 39 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 18, 2021 5:41 pm

I have a headache, but that might just be crabbit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 pm

{{ About to head off for jab no2! Hope all goes well, still bit unsure about the Aztra zenca jab but in for a penny in a for a pound! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Good luck Petty. Nod I am sure its fine.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 19, 2021 8:27 pm

{{ So far had a very mild headache and got a bit hot for a couple hours, but otherwise so far feeling fine. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm

That doesn't sound too bad. A paracetamol should sort that out. My arm still hurts and I feel tired 3 days later, but nothing else really. I am wondering when some initial immunity kicks in, is it 20 days after the first jab?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 pm

{{ About 3 weeks for the first jab and about 2 for second. But they reckon protection only lasts for about 7 months. So either the damned thing will hit us again or we'll all need vaccinated twice every year from now on. Evil or Very Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 19, 2021 10:45 pm

No we might need a booster as well.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Shocked  ok so some reactions now, Sleep Sleep Sleep you know when the Wicked Witch of the West goes sleeeep.....sleeeep....poppies....lovely poppies....sleeeeeeeeep!  flower

or the morning after a night on the lash, but you dont feel hungover just bloody tired and the floor starts to look like a fantastic place to sleep because you are so desperate for a kip? well that's me today. Not unpleasant, but unusual. Last time I felt like this was the morning after an all night ferry to Dublin, staggered to a park and just conked out on the grass for hours. I am the sort of person to need a lot of sleep. I could sleep 13 hours no problem. Embarassed as I said, its not nasty illness tiredness just weird what the heck is this I got shit to do and I don't want to sleep tiredness.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 20, 2021 4:57 pm

{{ Yeah Im same, went for a couple hours lie down in afternoon after I got the jag, then was in bed by midnight (unusual for me) and slept through till 9 this morning and still feeling sleepy. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 24, 2021 4:15 pm

{{ Slightly concerned we are opening everything up too fast. And with overseas holidays still way down we are seeing a lot of tourists coming to Argyll, so much so the main ferry has had to put extra boats on.
Two weeks ago our rate per 100,000 was its lowest since start at 1.4, last week it had crept back up to 4.5 and this week we are at 12.8
We are going in the wrong direction. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 24, 2021 6:11 pm

I agree its too soon to unlock everything, especially with the Indian variant, although if you are vaccinated its ok there are many younger people who are not, like super spreading school kids and teenagers. Johnson will let the brake off and smash into a wall. If you have a third wave its going to be him again deflecting and lying and blaming the populace. Although if anyone goes on holiday abroad this year they need their head examining.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 am

{{ Today (Wednesday) should be a popcorn day for Westminster watchers as Cummings appears before the committee looking at the UK governments response to the pandemic. He has already hinted in tweets and outright claimed in some that the plan was for herd immunity, and that was only changed at the last minute for a hastily devised plan B when it became clear just how many deaths such a plan would lead to. He is also hinting that when he left, in that famous picture of him leaving Downing Street with his box of stuff, that in that box he had smuggled out papers proving his claims- all of which the govenrment have been vehemently denying.
On top of this its possible he may use the platform to throw in some unrelated to pandemic grenades, such as who paid for Boris's flat.
Should be interesting.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Wowzer! its explosive. Laughing especially about that toad Handcock.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 pm

genius as always Razz

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 28, 2021 2:15 am

{{ Just to briefly sum up for anyone interested Cummings accusations.

Boris is incompetent and shouldnt be PM.
The NHS are lions led by donkeys.
Boris became known around Westminister as 'the shopping trolley' for continuely veering off course unexpectedly.
Cobra meetings were derailed by Trump wanting UK help in bombing Iraq and Boris's girlfriend having a fit over a story about her dog in a newspaper.
The entire government were largely lost and incompetent chasing their tales.
At the start of the pandemic when urgent decisions were needed most of the Cabinet were of on skiing trips or holidays with wealthy donors.
They acted way too slowly numerous times.
The plan was for herd immunity. Despite what was already unfolding in Italy.
Boris and his cabinet did not think the british public would accept lockdowns or any infringement on their personal freedoms so didnt think it was worth closing down pubs or mass gathering events.
Boris at one point wanted to go on television and get the UK's Chief Medical Officer to inject him on live tv with covid so show it was nothing to worry about (one wonders if it was an offscreen test run for this was how he actually caughtit and ended up in hospital).
They were going to encourage the public to hold 'covid parties' to increase infection rates and speed up herd immunity.
It was only when the scientists and data from other countries showed that this plan was insane and was going to lead to the deaths of a sizeable chunk of the population that they changed to a hasty plan B of lockdowns, coming too late to stop the first wave being one of the worst in the world per head of population.
Due having no other plan but herd immunity for so long ppe pecurement was woefully late and hospitals and especially care homes were terribly prepared in ppe.
The Health Secretary is known to be totally incompetent and lied directly to the cabinet about patients moved from hospitals with covid outbreaks into care homes, saying they would all be tested first when they werent until months later. Thi led directly to mass deaths in care homes across the country, residents and staff who had no ppe to deal with it.
And the only reason Boris hasnt fired the Health Sec is he knew there would be a public enquiry at some point and needed a sacrifce to throw under the bus whenit came to defelct blame from himself.
Boris has also been loving the whle pandemic and reveling in it as apparently as it makes him feel important and forces the country to look to him.

Sure Ive missed more but thats the headlines I think. He painted a picture of a bunch of serve serving, lying, narcissist idiots making mistake after mistake in an atmosphere of chaos, arrogance and blind panic. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 28, 2021 2:06 pm

I think a writer for 'The Thick of It' wouldn't think any of this stuff would be remotely possible. 'The Thick of It' seems innocently naive compared to this lot. Nobody would believe its true and call it too far-fetched nonsense if a writer wrote about an actual British PM capable of any of it. Corporate manslaughter? sending 80 year olds to their certain deaths? lying and corruption on an industrial scale? a dog being more important than a deadly pandemic?
Its fucking unbelievable madness, and who is protecting people from these dangerous charlatans, the Opposition? don't make me laugh, chocolate teapots the lot of them apart from the Scottish, Andy Burnham and Yvette Cooper. Who is standing up and telling the truth? the press? the Murdoch press? sometimes it seemed like it was only Johnathan Pie was getting angry. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 29, 2021 5:04 pm

Q. about the vaccines, is it just me or are other people going on a bit of a downer after they have had the vaccine? nothing terrible but maybe a bit like that feeling you have after cramming for months for exams and then it is over you go on a bit of a Debbie Downer, tired and mentally drained because the adrenalin has suddenly stopped? dunno, I feel completely exhausted mentally, maybe its normal and I need to give it time. btw i have been talking to people who have had the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine and the second dose makes you really weird and tired, but only for a day or two. But my crabbit and cranky levels are high enough already.  Suspect

oh yeah just remembered, I think I am withdrawing from my anti-anxiety meds as well as I had stopped them at the same time. Rolling Eyes  withdrawal symptoms suck bigly.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 pm

We're only going to have about 60% of our population fully vaccinated at the end of this month, and it's NOT because of lack of vaccines or even accessibility.  People are simply refusing to get vaccinated, can't give the stuff away, and the delta variant is headed our way. Banghead  
Stupid dumbfucks.

(I should temper this somewhat. About half the nursing population is refusing the vaccines, and nobody can call them stupid or uneducated. The reasoning seems to be that they have had more exposure than anyone and haven't become infected, so they know how to avoid infection without taking a rapidly developed vaccination which has not yet stood the test of time.)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 am

{{ The delta variant seems really infectious, it seems to be whats driving increases here. In my area in just the past 4 weeks weve gone from a low of 2 in every 100,00 to 20. Hospitilisations are on the rise again and more kids seems to be picking it up this wave, which is worrying.

'Recorded Covid infections among children are now the highest they have been during the outbreak in Scotland.
Weekly infections in 0-14 year olds reached 1,064 on 7 June - higher than the peak in early January, according to Public Health Scotland.'- BBC

Sturgeon is taking advice from the medical folks on if we need to start vaccinating 12-15 year olds sooner than planned. Fortunately so far there has not been an increase in children being hospitilised. Yet.
We also only have about half our adult population who have had both doses of vaccine, and about 70% who have had the first. Nowhere near enough if we get hit hard again with this new variant. }}

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 39 2

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 39 Capture

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:09 am

We haven't seen an uptick yet, but I see no way that we've prevented it, except for the non-immigrant non citizen travel ban on India, but that will just slow things down.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 am

{{ From a personal perspective Im probably at more risk of at least catching it than at any time before,but hopefully the vaccine will at least keep it mild if I do. But thanks to foreign travel still being largely a no go, and the UK opening up travel between regions we have been seeing a very large increase in tourism to this area, mainly from England and more often than not the north of England where cases are still pretty high, especially of the new variants. The increase in tourists probably accounts for the case numbers here rising by ten times their previous number in under a month.
Of course its double-edged sword for me- I am more likely to catch something now Im back working in a hotel, but at same time if things close down once more Im out of a job, again. Tricky to see an upside there. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Don't you have to wear a mask in the hotel Petty? a good one should protect you a lot, and as you said if you did catch it the vaccine protection should make it very mild. I think opening up on 21st June is mad unless they can vaccinate kids first, its the kids spreading it to the older unvaccinated population which s the worry.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:36 pm

{{ In terms of cases things are worse here than ever before. Most likely driven by a combination of opening stuff back up and tourism our cases have gone from a low one month ago of 2 cases in 100,000 people to the current 117. At the peak of lockdown and the first and second waves our previous highest level was 47. And its still rising day on day.
The speed and efficiancy with which this delta variant spreads is frightening.
We have the main bakers, the dairy, couple pubs, nursery and primary schools among others all had to temporary close in last week due to outbreaks. Half of my own family are currently in isolation as they had family members who worked in some of these establishments.
The only hint of good news is that two doses of vaccine seem to give resonable protection against severe illness and death, though hospitilistaions and deaths are creeping back up all be it at a slower rate than previous waves. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:15 pm

thats scary, good job there is the vaccine
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next