Bluebottle
Eldorion
malickfan
Orwell
Mrs Figg
17 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Empty Re: Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Not to worry Blue- normally when I do a Forumshire story I try to get as many folk as possible into them- but this is most tricky from a writing standpoint and emotionally- as I always end up fretting that I've missed folk out, or not given them enough to do ect

So one of the reasons I decided this time to do folk and faery tales of Forumshire is that they are short and I can do different ones, so folk who don't appear in one story can and will appear in another folk tale instead.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Empty Re: Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire

Post by Bluebottle Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Ah, well. No worries. I understand. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:47 pm

That's definitely a benefit of shorter stories, though I always have trouble keeping them short. Razz

But yeah, trying to balance putting in all the references and nods with telling an engaging story can be tricky.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:50 pm

That's definitely a benefit of shorter stories, though I always have trouble keeping them short.- Eldo

This was meant to be a 1 part short- its ended being 3!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Well it fits well with the three houses, three ambassadors ... three parts makes sense to me. Smile Plus we wouldn't want it to be too short. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So one of the reasons I decided this time to do folk and faery tales of Forumshire is that they are short and I can do different ones, so folk who don't appear in one story can and will appear in another folk tale instead.

Of course our Chief of Literary Stuff, Ol'Anon, once used the same lazy approach (Wholesome Tales), but then moved onto longer more excrutiating painful difficult to write longer tales - not that he doesn't love "the challenge" (he says)... "I love it, it's a dawdle for someone of great energy, strength, imagination and good looks like me," he says. Anyhow, we would expect someone not good enough to write for The Bugle to self-publish here. I notice not even NotP would touch anything Petty touched, irrespective of how witty, entertaining, incisive and well constructed Petty's tales themselves might be.

Lesbo Proudfoot
Editor
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:35 am

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Elefant

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 UJpDi Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

petty wrote:Ambassador Amarie could still see that Queen Tinuviel was practising among the dunes, indicated by small plumes of sand that occasionally rose and fell, and every so often, when a succession of increasingly violent plumes of sand had followed one after the other, there would be a flash of light and a curse in elvish, and the dune would instantly sprout thick green grass dotted with meadow flowers. A moment after which a golf ball would serenely pop up over the dunes edge.

This is a fantastic image and VERY ACCURATE. I love how I'm always playing golf (rather true though, isn't it?) Fantastic so far Petty! (get it? fantastic? like fantasy? cuz it's a fairy tale? Hahahahahha!)

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:00 am

Fantastic so far Petty! (get it? fantastic? like fantasy? cuz it's a fairy tale? Hahahahahha!)

Shes found the Buckie Smile

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:16 am

She OWNS the Buckie.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:46 pm

This is a fantastic image and VERY ACCURATE.- Tinuviel

Thanks yer Maj, thats actually my favourite single description in the story so I am glad you picked it out and liked it.

'She OWNS the Buckie.'- Amarie

Very true indeed {{ Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Tinuviel owns everything... Nod {{{She certainly just owned you, Petty. Razz }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Owning the buckie and having the buckie are two very different things in forumshire. It means nothing when there's an unstoppable drunk scottshobbit in charge of all the stores!

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Now, I always make sure there is enough for special events, like days when I'm thirsty.  Nod drunken

(Have you found any RL buckie yet Yer Maj? Or Irn-Bru?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:34 am

But what about 'nights' Petty? What about 'nights'? Have you not been feeling well? Shocked

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Depends what you call night- for me night is what happens in-between waking up and drinking my first buckie, and when it all starts to go black and the floor suddenly has a strong desire to come up and meet me in the face as I finish my last drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 ZDXy0AJ
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Its on the way- sort of, hopefully late tonight- all going to plan. drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Eldorion wrote:Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 ZDXy0AJ

You found the drumming fingers! We've needed that one for a long time. If you get around to it, please add it. (not a Command, you see).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Your wish is my ... oh, all right. Razz

:drum:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 pm

I like the drumming fingers too Smile
Yay he's kept them Smile

Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:58 pm

The shortcut for them is

Code:
:drum:

and they're also accessible in the main smiley menu. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:36 pm

:drum: wow those are useful where the NOTP is concerned
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:08 pm

Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:23 pm

And awards night ? :drum:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next