Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed

3 posters

Go down

Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed Empty Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed

Post by dak Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Haven't checked it out much though.

http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/

dak
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed Empty Re: Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Well having watched a slightly earlier version the editing is immaculate- I have some choices issues, it wasn't restoring the books narrative arc for Bilbo well enough for me, especially not in relationship to the dwarves, but the standard of work here is exceptional and faultless (at least I failed to detect a fault-so much so my ideal purist edits of LotR's and TH would be to hire Killstein to edit according to my own purist edits story choices- I wonder if they are available!).

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed Empty Re: Final Hobbit edit by Killstein completed

Post by dak Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:16 am

I think editing is his job so no wonder they are technically solid. Yeah, I wish you had the full resources of a team of editors to do your bidding with access to all the film ever shot. And the computer effects crew. Sigh.

dak
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:20 am

I'm not going to be watching it quite yet as my lowly internet connection cannot afford it. But I like the sound of this edit. Nothing too extremely crabbit in his approach. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 pm

Nothing too extremely crabbit in his approach _forest

Ah, but there in lacks its one fault. The lack of crabbit at the distorting of the character arc of Bilbo and of the dwarves has not resulted in the required level of crabbit to fix such a calamity in its entirety (in my, admittedly, crabbit view).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by dak Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:07 am

Yes, his crabbit setting in adobe premiere is too low. Should be upped to tyrant. Razz

Looks like it's been getting too much attention. His tumbler's down and a lot of the torrents are disappeared. I hate when fan made stuff gets stomped on.

He posted this though
"to be honest I voluntarily removed it, it was really just something for some friends and family to watch and the more folks watch it the more articles post about it and people send emails and criticize and threaten legal stuff so I decided to end it. I might work on another version in the fall under some other name but this might just be it for me"

dak
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:48 am

Ah the price of fame! Sadly fan edits are best for just sharing among friends, or a very small forum! Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down