bungobaggins
chris63
Bluebottle
Eldorion
David H
13 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2]

Post by azriel Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am

Its so exciting that so much is undiscovered but IS being found slowly bit by bit. So much we don't know but are waiting in time to find out Smile

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Empty Re: Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2]

Post by azriel Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Handma10

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Shocked

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Uhuh, made by a chap called Jason Stieva. Obviously had a few rainy afternoons to while away Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Design10

a Leonardo Di Vinci design, at chateau de la Rochefoucauld castle, France. 1516

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Az you really have a knack for finding weird/interesting or creepy videos/photos on the internet, keep them coming! Nod Thumbs Up

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Thank you Malick !!!  Kissing

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Mortic10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 St_bar10

This sculpture is by Marco d’Agrate, 1562 (Duomo cathedral, Milan-Italy)
This is a sculpture of St. Bartholomew who was an Apostle that was said to be skinned alive. If you look closely you will notice that his robe is actually not a robe at all, but his skin. "

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Barth10

This is what someone wrote about this...……………

"HE was flayed alive—the skin of his body cut into strips, then pulled off, leaving his body open and bleeding for a long time, then beheaded, wrote Fr. Paolo O. Pirlo, SHML, in My First Book of Saints.

Why? Because he was to die the Persian way in the “most barbarous country of the East” in the ancient times; because he converted Polymius, the king of Armenia, to Christianity; because Astyages, the king’s brother, ordered his death; because spreading the Catholic faith is a great crime, noted John Francis Fenion in Saint Bartholomew, Volume 2 of Catholic Encyclopedia."

pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 am

Another reason I love books over any bloody digital gizmo Smile

https://www.facebook.com/apolonis.aphrodisia/videos/1959337190779140/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Amazin10

Amazing 110 years old library in Porto, Portugal that it inspired J.K. Rowling for the Hogwarts library in Harry Potter! ( something else she couldn't think of on her own )

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:24 am

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Wooden10

Apparently this was built without any nails, just good carpentry. 300 years old wooden cathedral on Kizhi Island Russia.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Wow. Glad the Stalinists didn't burn that one down.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Its extremely beautiful isn't it Smile

Oddities, curiousities and strangness in history [2] - Page 17 Kizhi10
Inside...

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 am

This reminds me of the movie The Thing. Looks like they have found something frozen in the ice.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:57 am

{{ Intriguing indeed. I am inclined to think the red tainting in the snow is some chemical or other, anti-freeze perhaps. It definitely appears to be some excavation that's gone on large enough to warrant buildings and an airstrip being built. But unless some independent reporter goes to find out it frankly could be anything from an old secret Nazi base (they were down there) to some sort of top secret mining operation, uranium or some such, or an array of some kind or wort case a cashed UFO with the Thing on it!  }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 pm

one of my favourite films The Thing, the Kurt Russell version.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:09 pm

chris63 wrote:This reminds me of the movie The Thing. Looks like they have found something frozen in the ice.

This guy doesn't sound like an idiot, he's just very interested as am I really. As time goes by & the weather/climate alters, weird & fascinating stuff is uncovered & I love it, its great Smile from baby mammoths to Nazi experimentation. The Earth will give up these secrets & mysteries

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:17 pm

http://themindcircle.com/silent-film-effects/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:02 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:53 am

That's some cool stuff, but do hunter-gatherers qualify as civilization?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:59 pm

I've always known about Drunk History on Comedy Central and have watched a few on youtube, this give s some background with a selection of clips. Most are about American civil rights events, but despite coming from Comedy Central I think anyone may be able to view them since on youtube. We'll see.

Drunk History (Smithsonian)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm

{{Found this interesting in a hobbity way.

Americans may not be as aware of this as Brits but at the time of Prince Charles marriage to Diana Spencer the public were largely fed a fairy tale lie based on Diana not being a royal. The fairy tale of a 'commoner' marrying the Prince.
I say lie because her genealogy is rather more interesting and tells a different tale.

So some history! The first King of Scotland and England was King James, hence he has two numbers after his name, I, as he was the first King James to rule in England and VI because he was the sixth of that name to rule Scotland.

James I (IV)  was succeeded by his son Charles I. Now he had two sons who are important there, both who went on to become reigning monarch. The eldest was Charles II and when he passed away his younger brother James II took the throne.
Now both of them produced heirs. But they also produced bastards.
In the case of Charles he had an illegitimate son, Henry Fitzroy. And James had an illegitimate daughter, Henrietta Fitzjames.

Now running down Henry Fitzroys line, he had a son, and his son had a daughter, Isabella Fitzroy great granddaughter of King Charles II. Isabella married well, into the noble Seymour line and her son also had a son bringing us to the great, great, great grandson of Charles II, Hugh Seymour.
Now lets leave the Fitzroy line here a moment and go back to the illegitimate daughter of James II.

Henrietta also married well, and her son was the 1st Earl Waldgrave, and her grandson likewise was the 2nd earl and her great grandson the 3rd earl and he had a daughter, the great, great, great granddaughter of James II, Anne Waldgrave.

And here is where the two lines reunite because Hugh Seymour married Anne Waldgrave. They had a son who had a daughter, Adelaide, who married well too as was the wont in her family line for the women, and her sons and grandsons were the 6th Earls of Spencer through to the 8th Earl. And the 8th had a daughter and her name was Diana Spencer.

She of course went onto marry Prince Charles III, and they have produced the future line of monarchy in William and Harry.

So the fairy tale we were sold, of the commoner marrying a Prince that the tabloids fed with glee at the time was a complete lie. She is not only not a commoner by any means, she is most definitely of royal blood, on both sides of her family tree. In fact more so both sides are the same family! They are both descended from King James I (VI).

Hers the tree for yourself, its actually meant to be about showing who would be the reigning monarch if the Jacobite line had succeeded and not failed and a catholic monarch had been placed on the throne. But I found the Diana line more fascinating as a lied too Brit (I mean I new she was not a commoner, she had wealth, a noble name and a title, but I did not realise to what extent she was actually full blooded royal -all be it descended via an illegitimate line- I wonder what her ancestors on both sides, the illegitimate and disinherited Henry and Henrietta would make of that? Their direct descendants are now poised to sit on the throne. A victory centuries in the making. ) }}

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1835/6621/files/jacobites_5a201643-1415-4cf4-8e22-28487da826e7.png?v=1545244616

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Ive never been fond of our so called Royal family. I don't like their attitude or some of the behaviour weve heard about. Obviously theres bucket fulls we don't know about. Too much deceit, back stabbing & disrespect oozing from them, you can feel it a mile off. I liked Diana, she did manipulate the press for what she wanted people to see but, Id rather her than the lot we are stuck with. I feel she was shit on from a great height, & probably could conduct herself with far more discretion, had she lived, than this other lot because she was naturally a better person. Even her brother had that look of being "higher" than even her Maj. I remember his face when Diana died & he spoke at her funeral. I for one will not shed one tear when this lot finally bugger off the mortal coil.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 16, 2019 8:35 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 pm

How frightening is that. makes the world look even more vulnerable & fragile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next